United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:26 PM
Cream

Exclamation Credit...

...to the lads?

Godawful first half but they ran themselves into the ground for the last 45.

Good passion from Rooney, monumental effort from our centre backs.

Awful pre season caught up with us but good to get this one out of the way early imo.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:28 PM
Lok

There were lots of factors that lead to what we saw today. But at the end of the day it could have been an awful lot worse.

City look the team to beat this season but we're there or thereabouts.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:29 PM
red in cumbria

Nah, the result is all that matters today. We fell short and I'm getting a bit sick of us not beating them at OT tbh

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:30 PM
Sparky***

You don't go from 5th to first in the space of 12 months mate. gonna take a little bit more to get this lot up to speed.

Knew there was a kick in the %@#$&!s around the corner. things were going too well.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:30 PM
Venceremos

Bailley the best for United

Still short a MF general. Kante is fifty times the player Pogba is!!! Instagram/Dab tax

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:31 PM
d_knight

Not good enough yet is the correct answer.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:31 PM
BobJones

Credit?

It was a £#%&!ing massacre at one point, if it wasn't for the clown in their goal we'd have been done by 3 or 4.

At least we've found another position for Rooney to stink out.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You don't go from 5th to first in the space of 12 months mate.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:36 PM
red in cumbria

A freak in more ways than one.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
they didn't finish 5th

Pop

What in £#%&!s name did Lingard start for? Rashford did more in 20 seconds than that £#%&!ing gormless looking Sunderland youth-team level @#%&! in 45 minutes.

Pogba was a £#%&!ing embarrassment too. I thought he'd been subbed off for Herrera at one point in the second half.

Seething here.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Nah, the result is all that matters today. We fell short and I'm getting a bit sick of us not beating them at OT tbh
Maybe in the pub later but it's early days. If the ref does his job and sends Bravo off, we score the pen and go on and win it.

Not as gutted by the result as I would have expected after the second half performance.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Lok

Lingard starting was the puzzler.

You can understand why we went with Mickey-T (still can't spell his name ) but Lingard brings very little other than running and that wasn't what was needed today.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:41 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Maybe in the pub later but it's early days. If the ref does his job and sends Bravo off, we score the pen and go on and win it.

Not as gutted by the result as I would have expected after the second half performance.
That pretty much sums it up.

As good as City were at times, they have a lot of flaws. If we were a bit more clinical we could have at least got the draw.

They're good, probably better than I thought they were but there's every chance we'll finish above them.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:43 PM
irk

Showed some character at least. We were embarrassed in the fust half though.

Too many longstanding weaknesses in our team. Mourinho needs to make some decisions. And if he doesnt £#%&! fellaini off me and him are going to fall out.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:56 PM
saffers

Yup fellaini was badly exposed vs decent opposition but we probably would have still won had mou's gambles on an injured mkhitaryan and lingard not happened. Both added next to nothing as we saw in the severe difference between the first half and second half.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Vedder

Can live with that second half tbh. First half was a disaster and set the tone for the whole match. Jose got selection wrong. City looked shit hot tbf to the @#%&!s but we're not a million miles off imo. Deserved a draw in the end.

Unread 10-09-2016, 02:58 PM
BobJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Can live with that second half tbh. First half was a disaster and set the tone for the whole match. Jose got selection wrong. City looked shit hot tbf to the c***s but we're not a million miles off imo. Deserved a draw in the end.
I'm not having that pal, I thought we were extremely fortune they never added another couple on the counter.

Unread 10-09-2016, 03:01 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah we could have got a draw, whether we would have "deserved" it is another question. Though I doubt we would have minded much about that if we had

Unread 10-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Lingard starting was the puzzler.

You can understand why we went with Mickey-T (still can't spell his name ) but Lingard brings very little other than running and that wasn't what was needed today.
Lingard obviously done something in training to make Jose pick him, hindsight is wonderful but didn't have much issue with the line up before the game. Obvs it was proven wrong but a lot of players simply didn't turn up, which effected the team overall regardless of individuals
Closed Thread