United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Very true. It looked like being a long tough afternoon but that ruthlessness and getting the game done and dusted was a nice change. Mind you, both the openers were quite strange goals. That resilience and focus is something we need to develop, though.

I expect United to go about the game in the right way and play positively, but opening few weeks are about putting points on the board. Especially under a new manager with new players. But Moyes put early points on the board, so the players need not get carried away.
Agreed

But please don't ever mention David Moyes in comparison to José mourinho again.

Many thanks

Unread 14-08-2016, 08:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Agreed

But please don't ever mention David Moyes in comparison to José mourinho again.

Many thanks

Six points early doors for M**sie. And last season. As mentioned earlier, those cold mid-season months sort things out.

Good to be starting well when you've still got a fairly dodgy side, though. Get Pogba and Carrick in midfield Friday

Unread 14-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Six points early doors for M**sie. And last season. As mentioned earlier, those cold mid-season months sort things out.

Good to be starting well when you've still got a fairly dodgy side, though. Get Pogba and Carrick in midfield Friday
Drew with Chelsea second game didn't he?

And then lost at anfield

José knowing the league and prioritising it with no CL will help.

Unread 14-08-2016, 08:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Drew with Chelsea second game didn't he?

José knowing the league and prioritising it with no CL will help.
Oh was it? Remember a win over Palace at OT early doors. Maybe seven points from nine then.

Will help to get a settled side down. We don't actually appear that close to one, tbh. Firepower could carry us through

Unread 14-08-2016, 08:14 PM
saffers

Quote:
Oh was it? Remember a win over Palace at OT early doors. Maybe seven points from nine then.

Will help to get a settled side down. We don't actually appear that close to one, tbh. Firepower could carry us through
Was a bad start under moyes, also a loss away to liverpool before that palace game

After palace we got @#%&!ted by city and then lost at home to wba.....

But for me a fast start this season is purely about results. How we play doesnt matter. If we have 6 wins out of our first 6, i dont care how we got them, It could be the foundation to play confident and dominant football.

FWIW andercito did well today, even zonal marking gimp agrees:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-jose-mourinho

Did flag up an improvement in his cameo v leicester, lad could be a mou player.

Unread 14-08-2016, 09:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
FWIW andercito did well today, even zonal marking gimp agrees:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-jose-mourinho

Did flag up an improvement in his cameo v leicester, lad could be a mou player.
I don't like him there, and tbh it's hard to see Mou going with a Herrera-Pogba midfield. He's someone I think will ultimately have to move on to get more football, but would love to be wrong. Certainly he gets in ahead of Fellaini every time for me.

Today's midfield is certainly no kind of solution to anything

Unread 14-08-2016, 10:52 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
I don't like him there, and tbh it's hard to see Mou going with a Herrera-Pogba midfield. He's someone I think will ultimately have to move on to get more football, but would love to be wrong. Certainly he gets in ahead of Fellaini every time for me.

Today's midfield is certainly no kind of solution to anything
You just compared Jose to Moyes....lay off the ketamine ffs

Unread 14-08-2016, 11:51 PM
Stickman

Quote:
But Moyes put early points on the board, so the players need not get carried away.
Er he didnt really.

Unread 14-08-2016, 11:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Er he didnt really.
Nice edit

Was just quoting to correct you.

Unread 15-08-2016, 12:02 AM
S/Side.Red

For some reason I thought palace was the second game.

Anyway, he started well at Swansea. Not as well as us in 2011 though. That looked set for a worldly season

Unread 15-08-2016, 03:43 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Nice edit

Was just quoting to correct you.
I thought the Palace game was game 5 that season

Unread 15-08-2016, 04:31 AM
waynes ear's

Stop thinking and look google it ffs

Unread 15-08-2016, 04:33 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I thought the Palace game was game 5 that season
Was in September as I remember Fellaini made his debut in the game.

As for the game yesterday, I was strangely glad when Bournemouth scored. I'd been starting to get a little too excited so it reigned me in a bit and reminded me we're a work in progress.

Thought we were excellent when we managed to stretch the game out. Zlatan isn't quick but he's strong and skilful enough to compensate when he gets goal side of the defenders. Also perfectly happy to physically dominate opponents, I've been fed up of watching Rooney and co. being far too easily outperformed by physically imposing centre halves (don't know what it is with Rooney, but h doesn't look half as strong as he did when he was 20).

Bloody love big Bailly. Clearly in need of some refinement but he's got time on his side in that regard. Just looks like he absolutely loves defending and the fact he seems to be an absolute thug only makes it better . Looking forward to opponents coming to the horrifying realisation that we can't be so easily roughed up any longer.

Unread 15-08-2016, 04:36 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

As for the game yesterday, I was strangely glad when Bournemouth scored. I'd been starting to get a little too excited so it reigned me in a bit and reminded me we're a work in progress.

Thought we were excellent when we managed to stretch the game out. Zlatan isn't quick but he's strong and skilful enough to compensate when he gets goal side of the defenders. Also perfectly happy to physically dominate opponents, I've been fed up of watching Rooney and co. being far too easily outperformed by physically imposing centre halves (don't know what it is with Rooney, but h doesn't look half as strong as he did when he was 20).

Bloody love big Bailly. Clearly in need of some refinement but he's got time on his side in that regard. Just looks like he absolutely loves defending and the fact he seems to be an absolute thug only makes it better . Looking forward to opponents coming to the horrifying realisation that we can't be so easily roughed up any longer.
Testify!

Unread 15-08-2016, 04:49 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
I was strangely glad when Bournemouth scored.
That's strange alright.

Unread 15-08-2016, 03:27 PM
red in cumbria

I know what he means, helped bring us down to earth a bit.

Unread 15-08-2016, 03:30 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

Where he got a free one in after the whistle went for a free kick to us was

Also left one on King after taking the ball which was nice. Missed a bit of that nastiness/people getting stuck in since Vidic left. No doubt he'll get a few bookings/sendings off but it's worth it and good to see.

Unread 15-08-2016, 07:08 PM
MagnificentSeven

what's important is how we fare in our next few games. remember there were plenty of occasions under van gaal where we looked like we had turned a corner and that we were starting to look good, only for us to then make a %@#$&!s of it in the following game. southampton have proved to be a tricky opponent for us in recent years. we should be okay against hull, but then of course there's the derby afterwards which will be very interesting.

nonetheless, we looked very confident yesterday.

Unread 19-08-2016, 10:03 PM
saffers

Actually turned into a train at times in the 2nd half.

Early signs are promising. Need to be more ruthless with chances vs Hull though.

Once we hit the 4s and 5s the fear factor will be back for good.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:10 AM
waynes ear's

Lads. Shits going off this season. Can we upgrade the train to a full on hype train?
Closed Thread