United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Where will United finish 16/17?
Champions 48 55.17%
Runners-up 17 19.54%
3rd 16 18.39%
4th 1 1.15%
Outside the top 4 5 5.75%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Venceremos

Question Where will United finish 16/17 (final pre-season version post Pogs & CS win))

63% went for 1st in the early July poll

A month later is this positive consensus any higher?

Unread 07-08-2016, 09:51 PM
TheFatGoth

Improvement but still not good enough.

3rd

Unread 07-08-2016, 10:00 PM
BarryX

We've got the character to win it, it's a big ask, but win it we shall.

Unread 07-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Billy Redface

3rd

Unread 07-08-2016, 10:08 PM
dunk

Not enough in the side to get us above 3rd as it stands, for me. Will need superhuman improvements from 1 or 2 in each area to get beyond that. If Jones and Darmian could actually be useful and available, Schneiderlin and Herrera suddenly find some presence and Memphis and Rooney step up several gears and find some consistency, we could go close, in reality most of those will need replacing in the near future to push us on.

Unread 07-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Nelson

Voted Champions in the first poll. Even more convinced now.

Love Jose, tbf. 100% trust in him to deliver for United.

Unread 07-08-2016, 10:11 PM
BobJones

I've voted for 1st, but that's only if Rooney is sold or put down before next weekend.

Unread 07-08-2016, 10:12 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not enough in the side to get us above 3rd as it stands, for me. Will need superhuman improvements from 1 or 2 in each area to get beyond that. If Jones and Darmian could actually be useful and available, Schneiderlin and Herrera suddenly find some presence and Memphis and Rooney step up several gears and find some consistency, we could go close, in reality most of those will need replacing in the near future to push us on.
Out of interest, who do you put above them, Dunk?

Presumably City and..?

Who are your predicted 1 & 2?

Unread 07-08-2016, 10:14 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Who would be first and second iyo? We've just beat the current champions without any real threat and while I know it's hardly the barometer I can't see any other teams who look likely to progress on last year. The league is there for the taking this year by any side that is consistently better than average and I'm certain we're that team.

Unread 07-08-2016, 10:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Out of interest, who do you put above them, Dunk?

Presumably City and..?

Who are your predicted 1 & 2?
Cheslea. I fancy Conte to get them organised and extremely difficult to beat and they still have plenty of match winners, all with plenty to prove.

We're just a bit soft centred atm and still lacking goal threat. Think it'll take Mou a while to get them properly organised defensively/set pieces, and going forward moving freely and creating efficiently. Think he'll get them improving as the season progresses, not quite quick enough though.

The affects of the Europa league remain to be seen too..

CL this year, maybe a cup, further ridding of the shit@#%&!s and a tilt at the title next year.

Unread 07-08-2016, 10:15 PM
TheFatGoth

Spurs to win it for me.

Last season was their 91/92.

Unread 07-08-2016, 10:16 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Spurs to win it for me.

Last season was their 91/92.
Know one cares what you think and that's coming from me.

Unread 07-08-2016, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Voted 2nd in the previous poll and sticking with that.

Unread 07-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Jack Duckworth

champions.

Unread 07-08-2016, 11:23 PM
My Name is Keith

Pretty sure I voted third last time round and think I'll stick to that. Just know I'll enjoy the season a lot more than I have recently.

Jose

Unread 07-08-2016, 11:25 PM
Jack Duckworth

i've got a feeling city are going to implode under guardiola.

Unread 07-08-2016, 11:29 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Know one cares what you think and that's coming from me.

Unread 07-08-2016, 11:32 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i've got a feeling city are going to implode under guardiola.
[/Keegan] I would absolutely love that[/keegan] but just can't see it.

Unread 08-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
[/Keegan] I would absolutely love that[/keegan] but just can't see it.
They've got an abundance of attacking quality, but their defensive midfield & players behind that are a bit store detective really. Hart's no Neuer / De Gea with his passing (or saving anything placed low to his left ) & the likes of Mangala / Otemendi being asked to pass out from the back is likely to work as well as Smalling being asked to do the same.

English football isn't sophisticated, Van Gaal (wildly) over-complicated it & I suspect Pep will this season as well. That said, you can't make an omelette etc. Next season & new players... there will be some rapes.

Can only hope they have a Yaya led revolt or something before then & Jose sends him round the bend.

I'm off to find more straws to clutch at....

Unread 08-08-2016, 11:03 AM
puressence

We're one right back and Worldclass centre half away from dominating European football I can smell it. £#%&!ing city fans are shitting it they have calculators out talking figures etc its £#%&!ing beautiful. Anything is possible with this man leading us. Not one player in world football would turn is down its like 99 onwards the team was there the manager the expectations it's a young team mostly all going to get better. What a time this is. £#%&!ing buzzing
Closed Thread