Closed Thread

Unread 19-09-2016, 12:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I don't.

Hth.
you mean literally? well of course not.

let's try this: why have you bemoaned people bemoaning poor decisions in this thread?

"i haven't."

ok pal.

Unread 19-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
you mean literally? well of course not.

let's try this: why have you bemoaned people bemoaning poor decisions in this thread?

"i haven't."

ok pal.
Have you just fake quoted my reply to a question you haven't yet asked me?....

And you've accuse me of arguing with myself

I look forward to reading your response to that answer I never gave

Unread 19-09-2016, 01:02 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Isn't it? I'd say it's the one element that is as close to luck as it gets because it's out of your control. If you hit the underside of the bar and it bounces off the line, it's still because you missed the target.

And I do think it was marginal yesterday. I think it was a foul, but I don't think it was blatant. I'd be more annoyed if the player was nowhere near the ball and you can't even see how it's not been awarded, but you can clearly see why he played on, even if it is ultimately the wrong call. It wasn't an outrageous decision and again, as nobody seems to be referencing, Watford could easily have been awarded a penalty for shirt pulling against Fellaini. We were screwed by the ref in one instance and saved by him in the next, so to bemoan the ref is to ignore an instance that could have hurt us more.

The city one last week was blatant. No doubt. We were unlucky with that one.

There's nothing wrong with bemoaning a poor decision, in essence, each to their own, but it's so often the thing that people lead with and discuss the most. Numerous things within our control went wrong yesterday. Things that, if we'd got right, would render the award of a free kick in our left back position a complete non-event. I'm more annoyed at Anthony Martial failing to release the ball earlier than I am at a ref. I'm more annoyed when anthony martial doesn't do his job than when a ref doesn't do his. But hey, that's just me. I find general Ref-bashing an instant eye-rolling, blame-shifting weakness.

but your loyalty to the shirt as a fan kicks in when the Ref does you over as he did against City in particular.
I'm not going to apologise for blaming him in that instance.

It was a clear red card & penalty.
Both feet off the ground, studs first, completely missed the ball & took Rooney down at the ankles.
How could he not give it??

I complain about our performances all the time, but Refs are aware of how the land lies re; Man United.
They know they'll get a shit load of media abuse for giving United a Pen in the derby.
No matter how blatant.

Unread 19-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Sapien

With the benefit of hindsight, we should probably have paid for some medical treatment for Kathy's sister.

Unread 19-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
With the benefit of hindsight, we should probably have paid for some medical treatment for Kathy's sister.

Unread 19-09-2016, 01:36 PM
signed dc

Back to being shit
Closed Thread