United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Tumescent Throb

Default Re: *Official* West Brom v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
This

Throb is a tedious naus..
oh hey up, another addition to the fred chuckle brothers

what is it with you #@&%!s?

Unread 02-01-2011, 02:00 AM
Time For Heroes

Can Gazza Nev play every away game please?

Not sure if this is right but I only remember him playing 2 away games this season and in both he should probably have been sent off, both games he's been subbed and both games Hernandez has scored the winner in a 2-1 victory.

BTW How many away games have we won?......................two!

Gazza Nev forever, he#s our lucky mascot!

Unread 02-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that's a bit negative. we were a rash tug away from getting to the final last year and there is only one team arguably better than us this year. the quality in europe is shit too.

your comment about the glazers would be making throb's ears burn if he had any pride.
dunno about that. have we got better since the last cl final we were in?

£#%&!ing ronaldo and hargreaves in our side now. that would be ace.

Unread 02-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Grandadanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldosgoodallthetime

Not sure if this is right but I only remember him playing 2 away games this season and in both he should probably have been sent off, both games he's been subbed and both games Hernandez has scored the winner in a 2-1 victory.

Any chance of a pair of Betty`s knickers?

Unread 02-01-2011, 06:20 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
wonder how many of them had flu out there? rio and berbatov looked iffy to me, be interesting to hear what fergie says.
I ask this every year, but don't our players get flu jabs? We have these bugs go around the squad once or twice every season. Granted, last year it was H1N1 and there wasn't yet a vaccine, but there is now, and it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Yes really because we have the worst away record out of the top teams. At the moment you would fancy City to take more points from there away games.
Very possibly. They could well win the Premier League Away Games trophy.

Unread 02-01-2011, 06:39 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I ask this every year, but don't our players get flu jabs? We have these bugs go around the squad once or twice every season. Granted, last year it was H1N1 and there wasn't yet a vaccine, but there is now, and it works.

Very possibly. They could well win the Premier League Away Games trophy.
I thought that, then i wondered about if there is something in the jabs that would show up on a piss test?

Unread 02-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Sloane

Rio forgot to take his jab

Unread 02-01-2011, 01:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldosgoodallthetime

Sorry to spoil things, but he played at Everton when we chucked away a 3-1 lead in stoppage time

Partly due to him stupidly lumping the ball up the pitch just after they had made it 3-2, rather than us simply trying to keep posession for the rest of the game.

Proof, perhaps, that his mind as well as his body has gone

Unread 02-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Sorry to spoil things, but he played at Everton when we chucked away a 3-1 lead in stoppage time

Partly due to him stupidly lumping the ball up the pitch just after they had made it 3-2, rather than us simply trying to keep posession for the rest of the game.

Ah yeah, but if we'd subbed him like we did in the other two games then we would have won, yes? Fergie just has to remember to hook him off 20 mins or more from the end for the juju to work.

Unread 02-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
a midfield of valencia, hargreaves, scholes and nani might prove you wrong. giggs on for hargreaves after five minutes... but what a five minutes.
Will you shut up about Hargreaves.

Unread 02-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Sloppy

Chicha plays down Ole link

Sir Alex likened Javier Hernandez to Reds legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after the Mexican’s late winner at West Brom, although the young forward was quick to play down the comparison.
“It’s great to hear and it’s good motivation for me, but I know I need to work a lot to be like him,” Hernandez told MUTV.
The manager's comments are understandable. After all, both Solskjaer and Hernandez arrived at Old Trafford as relative unknowns, both scored on their Reds debuts and both make finding the net look remarkably easy.

Chicharito is even earning a reputation as a super-sub, a tag Solskjaer made his own during his 11 years as a United player. Nobody has scored more goals for the Reds off the bench than Ole (28), although if Hernandez continues his incredible strikerate – Saturday’s header against West Bromwich Albion was his fifth in 12 substitute appearances – he’ll surely challenge that record.
For now, though, the 22-year-old is just happy to play his part as the Reds seek to regain the league title.
“The win [at West Brom] was very important,” he said. “We knew it would be difficult but we’re very happy because we’ve started the year with a victory.
“They did well to score and they had another opportunity with the penalty kick. They missed, which was good for us because we knew we could go on and win the match.
“If they scored we would have been a goal down and that would have been more difficult.”

Instead, Peter Odemwingie scuffed his shot and the ball trickled wide of the goal. Less than 15 minutes later, Hernandez popped up to head United in front and secure the points.
“I remember I was near the goalkeeper, Wazza crossed the ball, I moved towards it and headed it into the goal. It was nice to celebrate in front of our fans.”
Chicharito’s goal capped a memorable festive period for the Mexican, who, despite only playing 38 minutes of the Reds’ last three fixtures, described this Christmas as the best he’s ever had.
“It’s been different for me but I’m very happy,” he said. “This has been the best Christmas – I’m here with all my family and I’m playing with Manchester United.
“Now it’s important to get three points against Stoke at home [on 4 January].”

link

Unread 02-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:

Not to mention that stupid deliberate handball against Bayern last year to give away Ribery's freekick

Unread 02-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

trying to hang on to leads instead of going for another goal is a big worry.
what happened to the team that used to do that ?

Unread 02-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
it's the midfield. the heartbeat, the engine-room of the team.

it's severely lacking in quality, composure and leadership at the moment.

Unread 02-01-2011, 03:39 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up Re: *Official* West Brom v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
it's the midfield. the heartbeat, the engine-room of the team.

it's severely lacking in quality, composure and leadership at the moment.
word

Unread 02-01-2011, 03:43 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
true that. we played some really good stuff yesterday in the second half until we got back ahead, then backed the £#%&! off and handed them the initiative. very frustrating but i suppose it comes from having given up too many leads late on and being worried about it happening again.

sparky, it's easy to say it's the midfield but that doesn't explain why we play well until we get ahead, or respond when we go behind. it looks more psychological to me, trying to hard not to give up yet another lead and letting the other team into it as a result.

Unread 02-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

sparky, it's easy to say it's the midfield but that doesn't explain why we play well until we get ahead, or respond when we go behind. it looks more psychological to me, trying to hard not to give up yet another lead and letting the other team into it as a result.
it's a monkey on our back. this 'late goals' away from home thing is a psychological block.

but that's where composure and leadership come into it. Not panicking, picking your passes - not being frightened to hold the ball.

having said that - if nani, valencia and scholes were available, we'd have pissed that game yesterday and the one against birmingham i think.

Unread 02-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I said Chelsea would win the league in august and nothing has changed my mind.
Watching them play might change your mind.

Unread 03-01-2011, 12:04 AM
red in cumbria

The Guardian match thread has some genuine ABU mongs on it. Just saying

Unread 03-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
The Guardian match thread has some genuine ABU mongs on it. Just saying
not as many as the fred one