United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:41 AM
utd for ever

Default A Good Artcle On Anderson..

Redville

Our first big win of the season confirmed that United are on the right track.

In the first two months of the new campaign it was hard to figure out whether we were brilliant and not firing or just average and punching above our weight.

The most important element of any successful team is balance and I’m always concerned when I can’t name our best eleven. Regardless of the opposition however, it became clear on Saturday that United are entering a new level of success.

In the past we had perhaps one unarguably world class player in the team. Now we have 4 or 5 - and it’s scary quite frankly. I’d really like to try and guess who will be the next team to score against us but it’s extremely hard to predict. We are playing Arsenal in a couple of weeks but they haven’t yet played a proper team. We have Dynamo Kiev away, but can they have serious designs on penetrating our back line, even without Neville, Brown and Vidic? I would happily put my faith in Pique (who is pure class) and O’Shea.

In attack, we can and will continue to wax lyrical about Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs and Scholes but I want to champion the cause of a player that I have had a keen eye on since he signed. If you want to know who the next star of Old Trafford is, please look no further than Anderson. It may seem irreverent, but those who talk about him eventually being as good as Scholes, are doing him a disservice. Paul Scholes is undoubtedly my favourite Red but I am as sure as the day is long that Anderson will eclipse Scholes with ease. From the first moment I saw him, I knew there was something special about the lad. Everyone asked whether he could adapt to the English game or whether he would be another Kleberson/Veron. But every true football fan has an instinct about young football talent and each ounce of mine tells me that Anderson will be the very best player in the world within 3 years. I am so pleased that he made such an impact on Saturday, but he didn’t just suffice, he totally broke the stalemate that the game had become.

You can talk about players who have done well for United in the last few years. Park has done well. Van Der Saar has done well. O’Shea, Fletcher, Neville and Ferdinand have done well. Many players just about make the grade.

But there is something boiling inside me that says Fergie has probably done his best business in signing Anderson and he will become a player who is truly idolised at Old Trafford. Let’s not forget that at 19 Ronaldo was still a very erratic and frustrating player for us. At 19, Ronaldo couldn’t guarantee a place in the team. But at 19, Anderson has far greater poise and maturity. He is a far better player than Ronaldo was at 19. Anderson will be one of the first names on the team sheet by the end of the season. His touch is phenomenal. His passing is better than anything we currently possess and, most importantly his speed of thought is frightening . I don’t quite know how to explain how good he is! We are about to witness something very special in Manchester. Just watch how his profile grows in the next 9 months.

Fergie, like all managers, has made his mistakes in the transfer market but if it is possible to imagine a better signing than Ronaldo then Anderson is it. Of the summer signings, Hargreaves is essential, Tevez is quality and Nani is exciting, but Anderson will be more important than the three combined. He is the perfect Top Trump card. He is Ronaldinho with commitment. He is Ronaldo with a superior football brain. He is Rooney with more skill. This boy can make us more successful in Europe than Real Madrid. More importantly, he will make it impossible for people like Ronaldo to leave because there will be nowhere worth going after United. Anderson defines the future of United.

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I can't breath in here with all the hype.

Aren't you that guy who said he was better than Ronaldinho and Pele?

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:45 AM
sharath

like it.

Its a bit exagerrating but I will be happy if he ends up playing as many times and as many times successfully as scholes.

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:51 AM
sparks_uuc

That wasn't dramatic at all!

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quality hype there. The positive aspect of Anderson which I like and think is significant is the balance he can bring to our midfield. With a Scholes or Carrick passing the nball and Hargo getting about the park breaking up the opposition play we really do need a more attacking player who can run with the ball and get forward to support the forwards. Early days but this seems to be exactly what Andersons natural game is. Need to see more for him and hope Fergie allows this.

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:53 AM
rebelcountyred

anyone hear that loud bang? think that was bunker busters head exploding

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:54 AM
The Return of JC

That article is not good.

Hope this helps.

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:55 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Quality hype there. The positive aspect of Anderson which I like and think is significant is the balance he can bring to our midfield. With a Scholes or Carrick passing the nball and Hargo getting about the park breaking up the opposition play we really do need a more attacking player who can run with the ball and get forward to support the forwards. Early days but this seems to be exactly what Andersons natural game is. Need to see more for him and hope Fergie allows this.

Racist?!

Unread 09-10-2007, 09:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
anyone hear that loud bang? think that was bunker busters head exploding
What's this about? Is BB not a fan of Regi?

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:02 AM
24hr Leavesey

Anderson will be as good as the post makes out, I'd put good money on it.

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:06 AM
puressence

a denct second half against £#%&! opposition and suddenly viv is the new pele

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:06 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What's this about? Is BB not a fan of Regi?
BB is in de nile

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:19 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I thought he was Randy?

I hope he makes the grade, alongside the rest of the new boys. If they continue to develop, this team will be Fergusons greatest ever.

Unread 09-10-2007, 10:49 AM
cottonbud

lets not over hype the kid

Unread 09-10-2007, 11:06 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence

...& potentially better than Scholesy

I swear if Scholes was a South American born footballer with a cool name rather than a scruffy, pasty Northern oik all the people on here that play him down would drool over him.
Scholes has been one of the top 2 or 3 players in Europe for the past decade FFS.

There's also a ridiculous line in that 'article' claiming that in the past we may have only had 1 World Class player in our side rather than the 4 or 5 that we have now!
What utter %@#$&!s.
Yeah, we've never had more than one great player in the side at any one time have we?
That Treble winning midfield 4 for a start. No more than one World Class talent there aye?

Unread 09-10-2007, 11:10 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
...& potentially better than Scholesy

I swear if Scholes was a South American born footballer with a cool name rather than a scruffy, pasty Northern oik all the people on here that play him down would drool over him.
Scholes has been one of the top 2 or 3 players in Europe for the past decade FFS.

There's also a ridiculous line in that 'article' claiming that in the past we may have only had 1 World Class player in our side rather than the 4 or 5 that we have now!
What utter %@#$&!s.
Yeah, we've never had more than one great player in the side at any one time have we?
That Treble winning midfield 4 for a start. No more than one World Class talent there aye?

scholes is the best home produced player we have had since george best

Unread 09-10-2007, 11:40 AM
turkred

the article fell down with the statement 'I would happily put my faith in O'Shea'. nft

Unread 09-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Firswood Red

If Scholesy was a cockney it would all be different.

Unread 09-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Holiday

anderson suprised me on saturday.

i though attacking midfielders just shuffle the ball between the full backs and centrebacks.

70 minute cameo in which is over shadowered scholes the whole time he was on the pitch.

tackled better, got around the park better and had a hand in a few of the goals.

-assisted for the first goal.
-his pinpointed ball to ronaldo led to the corner that scored the 2nd.
-his tackle and pass to pique led to the third

and this was his 2nd proper game and he is only 19.

Unread 09-10-2007, 11:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday
anderson suprised me on saturday.

i though attacking midfielders just shuffle the ball between the full backs and centrebacks.

70 minute cameo in which is over shadowered scholes the whole time he was on the pitch.

tackled better, got around the park better and had a hand in a few of the goals.

-assisted for the first goal.
-his pinpointed ball to ronaldo led to the corner that scored the 2nd.
-his tackle and pass to pique led to the third

and this was his 2nd proper game and he is only 19.
Hmmmm, you didn't notice that they were playing totally different roles then? Nah, why bother.
Closed Thread