United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2016, 12:01 AM
Sparky***

Default You know what I hate? (well of course you don't, but i'm going to tell you)

Small football clubs. Actually they don't have to be that small just sort of medium-sized to small football clubs. Who play in £#%&!y little grounds, have horribly smug, self-congratulatory supporters and have adopted pop chart songs from around the 60s or 70s as their 'anthem'.

I absolutely hate them. Watching the FA Cup this weekend has reminded me of how much so. Unless it's Liverpool or City playing against one I want them all ruthlessly crushed so i can watch the tv camera pan around to the devastated faces on those £#%&!ing 'one game a season' £#%&!ers all giddy for their big day.

I hate the news pieces on telly where you get the club ticket office, which is usually the size of a phone box with hundreds of pasty faced, overweight, £#%&!ers all lining up round the block. Then some £#%&!ing @#%&! comes out with his 5 tickets and shows them to the camera. "I've been here since 4.30 this morning." You £#%&!ing sad @#%&!. I hope you lose 6-0 and you step in dogshit on the way home.

Unread 12-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Ethers

The forum answered for you.

Unread 12-01-2016, 12:07 AM
Sparky***

Indeed it did.

Unread 12-01-2016, 12:26 AM
TheFatGoth

Marmite?

Unread 12-01-2016, 12:28 AM
Sizlack

I dont mind them at all.; I always root for the underdog (Ex leeds) They dont have much apart from the town team and maybe England.

Unread 12-01-2016, 12:40 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

It's not small clubs per se, it's the ones where they're having their biggest gate since the 1930's and they crank up with "We support our local team" or start booing us like we knocked them out of the cup on a shit penalty decision at some point in the recent past, whereas in reality we haven't played them in a competitive match in 40 years, not least because the same one game a decade @#%&!s were politely applauding the scousers in the 80's.

Unread 12-01-2016, 03:09 AM
Grimson

I hate them too. But you have to have small clubs in order to have medium clubs and big clubs.

Unread 12-01-2016, 03:34 AM
believe

Football.

Unread 12-01-2016, 07:27 AM
itisme_panaflex

I hate vans. It sounds ridiculous and i know they are practical requirements but when i see one i know the person driving it is more likely than not a 'local' in the community, has an increased chance of being out of shape, intolerant of other people's opinions and buys tabloids.
They are also eye sores.

Unread 12-01-2016, 07:36 AM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Small football clubs. Actually they don't have to be that small just sort of medium-sized to small football clubs. Who play in £#%&!y little grounds, have horribly smug, self-congratulatory supporters and have adopted pop chart songs from around the 60s or 70s as their 'anthem'.

I absolutely hate them. Watching the FA Cup this weekend has reminded me of how much so. Unless it's Liverpool or City playing against one I want them all ruthlessly crushed so i can watch the tv camera pan around to the devastated faces on those £#%&!ing 'one game a season' w****rs all giddy for their big day.

I hate the news pieces on telly where you get the club ticket office, which is usually the size of a phone box with hundreds of pasty faced, overweight, w****rs all lining up round the block. Then some £#%&!ing @#%&! comes out with his 5 tickets and shows them to the camera. "I've been here since 4.30 this morning." You £#%&!ing sad c***. I hope you lose 6-0 and you step in dogshit on the way home.

Unread 12-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Marlon Van Baron

I hate everything about modern football especially the clubs at the top end of the scale. The sanitised stadiums, the awful atmosphere in the grounds, the extortionate ticket prices, TV companies dictating when games are to be played, clubs putting the money of premier league safety over the glory of a good cup run and the fact that clubs like City and Chelsea can be manufactured in to a so-called giant of modern football based purely on someone else's money.

Unread 12-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
I hate everything about modern football especially the clubs at the top end of the scale. The sanitised stadiums, the awful atmosphere in the grounds, the extortionate ticket prices, TV companies dictating when games are to be played, clubs putting the money of premier league safety over the glory of a good cup run and the fact that clubs like City and Chelsea can be manufactured in to a so-called giant of modern football based purely on someone else's money.
Agree with every word TBH. YHGR

Unread 12-01-2016, 09:10 AM
no fun

I hate fast cars

Unread 12-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Through having a gaff in that there South West for seven years I now have a 15 year old son who supports Exeter City, effectively brainwashed by his mate next door who has been taking him there. I blame the parents who neglected him.

I have been there a few times when we've been down and have taken him to games when they play in Vibrante and I can say it's actually a decent experience. In fact, it's so bad it's actually world class. There are clearly also a record number of human mutations in the support which makes for interesting people watching when the footballs terrible.

He obviously still supports United but finds the whole Old Trafford experience sterile and remote by comparison. Still at least he'll never be disappointed following Exeter.

The irritation with small clubs is their bitching about the Premiership yet they cry their eyes out when they get promoted to it and weep like kids when they get relegated.

What really irritates me about football? The change in the people around me at Old Trafford.

Unread 12-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Through having a gaff in that there South West for seven years I now have a 15 year old son who supports Exeter City, effectively brainwashed by his mate next door who has been taking him there. I blame the parents who neglected him.

I have been there a few times when we've been down and have taken him to games when they play in Vibrante and I can say it's actually a decent experience. In fact, it's so bad it's actually world class. There are clearly also a record number of human mutations in the support which makes for interesting people watching when the footballs terrible.

He obviously still supports United but finds the whole Old Trafford experience sterile and remote by comparison. Still at least he'll never be disappointed following Exeter.

The irritation with small clubs is their b***hing about the Premiership yet they cry their eyes out when they get promoted to it and weep like kids when they get relegated.

What really irritates me about football? The change in the people around me at Old Trafford.
Spot on.......

I am in a similar position. I gave up my ST at United in the summer of 2010. I had become so pissed off with the shit atmosphere, the w****rs that started inhabiting OT on match days, the lack of away tickets in the ballot and the ACS. Since then I have been a few times and hate the experience, I started taking my eldest boy last season and on each occasion I found myself sitting there at half time thinking to myself what the £#%&! am I doing here. It cost me £50 for my ticket to watch a shit game of football in a dead stadium full of zombies.

On the flip side I have been going to watch Brentford for the last 2.5 seasons. I started taking my son and he lasted about a season before he said he prefers going to United. Hence why I started taking him to a few games from last season.

Going to Brentford I found myself enjoying going to a smaller ground with decent atmosphere and very good football being played. I could decide the night before if I wanted to go and pay £20 for the privilege. Yes there are a few numpties in their support but in general it's a good crack. I can also get tickets to any away game without having to plan it like a military attack.

My father in law also gave up his Arsenal season ticket after 30 plus years two years ago. He was paying over a grand a season, getting no away tickets and got chubbed for the Hull City FA Cup final match. When he complained the club didn't give a shit. Since then we have both been watching the Bees and we get to stand on a terrace every other week which is £#%&!ing great.

Unread 12-01-2016, 09:33 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Spot on.......

I am in a similar position. I gave up my ST at United in the summer of 2010. I had become so pissed off with the shit atmosphere, the £#%&!ers that started inhabiting OT on match days, the lack of away tickets in the ballot and the ACS. Since then I have been a few times and hate the experience, I started taking my eldest boy last season and on each occasion I found myself sitting there at half time thinking to myself what the £#%&! am I doing here. It cost me £50 for my ticket to watch a shit game of football in a dead stadium full of zombies.

On the flip side I have been going to watch Brentford for the last 2.5 seasons. I started taking my son and he lasted about a season before he said he prefers going to United. Hence why I started taking him to a few games from last season.

Going to Brentford I found myself enjoying going to a smaller ground with decent atmosphere and very good football being played. I could decide the night before if I wanted to go and pay £20 for the privilege. Yes there are a few numpties in their support but in general it's a good crack. I can also get tickets to any away game with having to plan it like a military attack.

My father in law also gave up his Arsenal season ticket after 30 plus years two years ago. He was paying over a grand a season, getting no away tickets and got chubbed for the Hull City FA Cup final match. When he complained the club didn't give a shit. Since then we have both been watching the Bees and we get to stand on a terrace every other week which is £#%&!ing great.

This is excellent , if only there was some utd like alternative in Manchester

Unread 12-01-2016, 09:36 AM
denis lawless

The number of baldy cut out cardboard FA cups covered in tin foil in the crowd usually indicates the level of @#%&!ery at a club.

Unread 12-01-2016, 09:43 AM
Bunker Buster

Jesus

You wonder why folk call us arrogant and spoilt..let people do what they want in their own back yard and community...what ever makes them happy..

Arrogant #@&%!s...

Unread 12-01-2016, 09:45 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
This is excellent , if only there was some utd like alternative in Manchester
there isn't. I doubt he wants his son to witness a load of pissed up adidas clad teens singing EDL etc

I can understand the OTT'ers giving it up because it is such a jaunt to get to and from Old Trafford but those slapped arses who have only known the ferguson years and success who give up and moan is beyond me.

Unread 12-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Child of Darkness

Think sparkles basic point is correct . And one voiced repeatedly over the years from utd fans .

They do indeed turn up in massive numbers when utd come to town . Then have the cheek to say we support our local team .

Where are you when we're not here ? That was the riposte wasn't it ?
Closed Thread