United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2016, 02:25 PM
Lok

Default Mourinho press conference 5/8/16

Confirmed we're trying to get rid of Bastian (sort of) and said he thinks the last player will join before August 14.

http://www.manutd.com/en/MatchTracke...onference.aspx

Unread 05-08-2016, 02:27 PM
naes_sean

JOSE IS ASKED WHO HAS HAD THE BEST TRANSFER WINDOW:

“I don’t know which club has had the best transfer window. I only speak about us. Again, I heard already two of my colleagues speaking about us, which I don’t like, I have to confess that is not ethical. But there are things that I do is not ethical when others they do nobody says that. The reality is that I don’t speak about the others. They can do what they want. I think our market is good. We decided to bring four players not 10, and four that are Man United level, that can improve the squad and not just to be one more. This is the profile of our market. We have a young CB that needs time to be a top one, but he has top potential and we believe a lot in him, We bought a creative player we know the quality he has .We bought a super striker and we are going to get a very good midfield player. So I am happy with my swquad and the effort the club did and is still doing."

Unread 05-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Lok

Question: Could you clear up the situation with Bastian Schweinsteiger and what’s actually happening with him?

“What is happening? What’s happening is happening in every club in the world. The manager decides his squad and chooses a certain number of players to face the season, and that’s it.

“I normally like to work with 20 players, plus the three goalkeepers, which is what I do for 15 years. I had to make my decisions. It’s simple.”

Unread 05-08-2016, 02:56 PM
naes_sean

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:03 PM
TheFatGoth

He proper hated China

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:09 PM
saffers

Agree with big jose that it is unethical to talk about other clubs business

https://www.theguardian.com/football...uke-shaw-wages

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:19 PM
guerreiro

Quote:

I hear you, but that is likely down to the ethos of the employer. In my previous role I wasn't allowed to go near mentioning competitors, but at my new company it's fair game.

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:20 PM
dunk

I don't understand the logic of binning Basti and leaving no like for like replacement for 34 year old, increasingly erratic and injury prone, Michael Carrick Ok, if Basti leaves and another comes in, but if not and Carrick gets one of his usual 3 monthers, we're looking at Felli and Schneiderlin dictating the tempo of play from deep midfield

And it's another leader out of the door, from a squad bereft of leaders

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

He was asked why Chelsea dropped out of the bidding

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Sizlack

When asked about Wenger's comments "I do not like that. It is not ethical. They are things that when I do are not ethical. When others do it, everything is normal."

Its started Kick his £#%&!in teeth in Jose!!

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:26 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
I hear you, but that is likely down to the ethos of the employer. In my previous role I wasn't allowed to go near mentioning competitors, but at my new company it's fair game.
%@#$&!s. This is a man who talks about Wenger day, night and during sex. A man who called Ronaldo uneducated. A man who threw the doctors under the bus and a man who poked a man in the eye. He's always been a nasty piece of work.

Him becoming Utd manager doesn't override the dislike I have for the man.

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
%@#$&!s. This is a man who talks about Wenger day, night and during sex. A man who called Ronaldo uneducated. A man who threw the doctors under the bus and a man who poked a man in the eye. He's always been a nasty piece of work.

Does it not? Once he's a member of our family, we've got his back no matter whats in the past. That's how it works. Hes a @#%&! but hes our @#%&!

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't understand the logic of binning Basti and leaving no like for like replacement for 34 year old, increasingly erratic and injury prone, Michael Carrick Ok, if Basti leaves and another comes in, but if not and Carrick gets one of his usual 3 monthers, we're looking at Felli and Schneiderlin dictating the tempo of play from deep midfield

probably cus they aren't like for like anyway. carrick drops in between the centre backs effortlessly. blind can do the same. they each read the game better than any of our defenders. and they're probably the two best passers we have as well. i expect schneiderlin to be a decent mourinho player anyway.

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:32 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I like Basti, think it's harsh he's been sold after one year and think he's got a lot to offer United still, but understand why he's selling him on.

He was a risk to bring in, after one year it's not worked out due to fitness (and he took the piss at times flying out to Germany when injured, which wasn't a popular move in the dressing room) and the manager has made a decision. He's decided to replace him with Paul Pogba.

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:36 PM
guerreiro

Quote:

Err, that's pretty much much what I'm saying. Everyone is media trained to represent the company their working for. I was trained by one company not to mention competitors (even if I wanted to), but another company I worked for is all about sticking it openly to competitors . It's just a branding game that no one has rise above since SAF who could do whatever he liked.

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
I like Basti, think it's harsh he's been sold after one year and think he's got a lot to offer United still, but understand why he's selling him on.

He was a risk to bring in, after one year it's not worked out due to fitness (and he took the piss at times flying out to Germany when injured, which wasn't a popular move in the dressing room) and the manager has made a decision. He's decided to replace him with Paul Pogba.
Ferguson often gave players leave when they were injured. Off the top of my head I remember Heinze being allowed to do his whole recovery including rehab in Spain. Anderson was always off to Brazil on the rare occasions he wasn't fit.

Feels like a nonsense complaint from one or two who already had their backs up. He wasn't fit so was allowed to be with his missus. Big deal.

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Cream

Quote:
alright Jose, turn it in.

Basti going and fellaini staying is ridiculous. He must have been a horrendous £#%&!er around the dressing room because it makes no football sense whatsoever.

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Buck

[quote=Sizlack;4505228]
Quote:
balls. This is a man who talks about Wenger day, night and during sex. A man who called Ronaldo uneducated. A man who threw the doctors under the bus and a man who poked a man in the eye. He's always been a nasty piece of work.

Him becoming Utd manager doesn't override the dislike I have for the man.[/
quote]

Does it not? Once he's a member of our family, we've got his back no matter whats in the past. That's how it works. Hes a c*** but hes our c***
He's been a @#%&! for years but it's all forgotten now he's at Utd? Not for me.

Ultimately I want Utd to win so I want him to win. But I'm not buying into the shenanigans he will bring.

Quote:
Err, that's pretty much much what I'm saying. Everyone is media trained to represent the company their working for. I was trained by one company not to mention competitors (even if I wanted to), but another company I worked for is all about sticking it openly to competitors . It's just a branding game that no one has rise above since SAF who could do whatever he liked.
He's been like this at every club he's been. It's his personality. He likes the cult statushe has in the English media. They bought into all the garbage and hypocrisy he said at Chelsea because 'he's box office'. In my opinion he was a tedious attention seeking @#%&!.

Unread 05-08-2016, 03:51 PM
signed dc

Quote:
balls. This is a man who talks about Wenger day, night and during sex. A man who called Ronaldo uneducated. A man who threw the doctors under the bus and a man who poked a man in the eye. He's always been a nasty piece of work.

Don't forget hid in a laundry basket
Closed Thread