United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-08-2016, 09:22 PM
armchair

Going to be an amazing season. Moyes/lvg were depressing. Honestly, it all going disastrously wrong for mou and him being run out in disgrace would be more entertaining than either of those two. That's not going to happen though, we're going to actually fight for the title this season.

Unread 04-08-2016, 09:29 PM
Tronics

Sparky threatening to leave the forum is proper lols the one guy who makes it his mission to overreact at any sign of an obstacle is now throwing a wobbler because not everyone is sold on Mourinho or the squad as it stands; you genuinely couldn't make it up

Love this place

Edit: I'm buzzing for the new season too, Ibra alone will be great value, especially away from home

Unread 04-08-2016, 10:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And relying on Carrick (merely too old to consistently excel), Young, Fellaini, Smalling, Blind, Valencia, Mata etc. all of who are plainly not good enough or have disappointed for too long.

Probs too many to replace all at once, but if that lot and Rooney & Zlat start the majority of games then throw in Darmian and Schneiderlin too for that matter. Somehow we're back to having far too large a squad with too many average players demanding game time, when only 12 months ago we only had about 16 first team players
i'm absolutely fine with a few of them playing plenty of football. if carrick does stay fit he would be key to making the young forward line tick and running the game as he does. schneiderlin is far better than he's let on so far though and needs to step up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Going to be an amazing season. Moyes/lvg were depressing. Honestly, it all going disastrously wrong for mou and him being run out in disgrace would be more entertaining than either of those two. That's not going to happen though, we're going to actually fight for the title this season.
mournho in charge could be a good buzz nqat. if he does start to fail it won't be pretty though it'll be depressing, just like it quickly became at chelsea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Sparky threatening to leave the forum is proper lols the one guy who makes it his mission to overreact at any sign of an obstacle is now throwing a wobbler because not everyone is sold on Mourinho or the squad as it stands; you genuinely couldn't make it up

Love this place

Edit: I'm buzzing for the new season too, Ibra alone will be great value, especially away from home
hopefully mourinho briefs him well about winding the vermin up

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's pathetic to be honest and I'm giving serious thought to whether I want to stick around here much any more. Most of the decent posters who's comments i enjoyed reading have left or rarely post any more...the place is utterly dominated by wind up merchants and attention seekers like that £#%&!ing goth #@&%! all marinating in the smell of their own farts.
Still lots of good posters here, shame they so often get drowned out by the dross.

Anyway, when you are appearing as the voice of reason it really says it all

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:23 PM
BobJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
And if Rooney is a guaranteed starter every week then we'll have another season of shite imo.
I don't see how anybody can argue with this?

He's utterly £#%&!ing shit.

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Still lots of good posters here, shame they so often get drowned out by the dross.

Anyway, when you are appearing as the voice of reason it really says it all
there is no voice of reason in football. just voices you agree with at the moment.

the best we can hope for is to stumble around the forum looking to achieve a temporary consensus at least once a day...

Unread 05-08-2016, 08:32 AM
MUFC One Love

After the last 3 years it could go either way tbh but I think we have a chance with Mourinho. He will need time obviously but I think we will see some character back in the side and we have the players to pick points up until he gets us how he wants us playing. Obviously the first sign of us not going gung ho with a team full of youth players certain people will start sniping. United need to get back to challenging for the league then we can start building.

Don't think Rooney will play all the time, If he doesn't perform he won't play, Van Gaal made a mistake pretty much guaranteeing he started every game.

Unread 05-08-2016, 08:41 AM
Curtis

Accommodating Rooney could well be our undoing this season. If you look at the squad now, I don't see how he can be justified as a starter. Jose has a real situation there. I can understand him not wanting to let too many bombs off in his first season but if it comes at the cost of results, will he have the balls to point the gun in the right direction?

Unread 05-08-2016, 08:43 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
After the last 3 years it could go either way tbh but I think we have a chance with Mourinho. He will need time obviously but I think we will see some character back in the side and we have the players to pick points up until he gets us how he wants us playing. Obviously the first sign of us not going gung ho with a team full of youth players certain people will start sniping. United need to get back to challenging for the league then we can start building.

Don't think Rooney will play all the time, If he doesn't perform he won't play, Van Gaal made a mistake pretty much guaranteeing he started every game.
That's because it's written in his contract, until he's injured or off the books he plays.....

Unread 05-08-2016, 08:53 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashnaldo
Legit question, they do exactly the same thing, drop deep, never run behind the defense...

Self created problem as well as we had the English Ronaldo on the team...

It's gonna be Mourinho's biggest challenge, either he contradicts himself and play Rooney at CM in a 433 or he benches one of the old farts...
Yes, they will have young quick players [ Martial, Rashford, Depay, Micky] making runs into the space Zlatan has vacated . They have played 1 game together & there were already glimpses of a very tasty partnership . At least lets give it a chance. I do think Zlatan dropped too deep at times v Everton , Rooney has been slaughtered for this in the past , but overall I can see some quality attacking football being dished up this season. Even the nil nil was far more enjoyable than 99% of the dross served up last season

Unread 05-08-2016, 08:56 AM
Cream

If Rooney was fundamentally shit he'd have been found out years ago. It's 99% mental with him, the absolute leave the hairdryer on at night.

He looks pretty lean, which will be a change for the start of a new season. Won't want to embarrass himself in front of Ibra. Reckon it will be a good partnership - plus they'll have Rashers to bail them out.

Unread 05-08-2016, 11:37 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

shows a complete lack of understanding. soz.

good teams, well balanced teams, don't need to go gung-ho very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Yes, they will have young quick players [ Martial, Rashford, Depay, Micky] making runs into the space Zlatan has vacated . They have played 1 game together & there were already glimpses of a very tasty partnership . At least lets give it a chance. I do think Zlatan dropped too deep at times v Everton , Rooney has been slaughtered for this in the past , but overall I can see some quality attacking football being dished up this season. Even the nil nil was far more enjoyable than 99% of the dross served up last season
they had lingard making runs constantly and didn't pick him once between them iirc

then carsick went off, and rashford only came on when rooney went off as well.

like i keep aying, we'll see what mourinho does with it but it's very easy to think that what will happen is that rooney will get tunnel vision and start looking constantly for zlatan - which of course anyone in the team pretty much could do.

Unread 05-08-2016, 12:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
carsick

Unread 05-08-2016, 12:28 PM
Sapien

In some sort of veterans team, yes. Futsal possibly.

Unread 05-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
carsick. motes. who makes this shit up?

Unread 05-08-2016, 06:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
If Rooney was fundamentally shit he'd have been found out years ago. It's 99% mental with him, the absolute leave the hairdryer on at night.

He looks pretty lean, which will be a change for the start of a new season. Won't want to embarrass himself in front of Ibra. Reckon it will be a good partnership - plus they'll have Rashers to bail them out.
Like when Fergie practically packaged him ready for shipping and all Moyes had to do was sign it?

At the time it was a tough call, but with hindsight very difficult to argue that selling him then wouldn't have been the right choice.

Unread 05-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Like when Fergie practically packaged him ready for shipping and all Moyes had to do was sign it?

At the time it was a tough call, but with hindsight very difficult to argue that selling him then wouldn't have been the right choice.
it should have been done the year before that.

rooney is a great player in theory. he's got great qualities as an individual player and is a willing team player as well.

but the reality is that with him as the main man we've always been just short of being a top class side.

the issue really began in the 2nd half of the 10/11 season and we've been suffering ever since. absolutely bizarre that he was given a long deal in 2013 but what choice did united have after ferguson had quit? who else could they get that summer? even more bizarre that LVG decided in season 2 that he would make rooney his lone frontman - possibly the most ridiculous long term tactical (and transfer market) decision i've seen in nearly 40 years of going to united.

tbf mourinho deciding to partner him with a 35 year on a season long jolly before retiring the big time could beat even that if it means the youth progression is stifled...

Unread 05-08-2016, 06:29 PM
BobJones

Rooneys problem is far from mental. His legs have gone, just like Torres, Shevchenko, Gerrard ect.... fergie knew it, we all £#%&!ing knew it even that @#%&! moyes must have knew it

Unread 05-08-2016, 06:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it should have been done the year before that.

rooney is a great player in theory. he's got great qualities as an individual player and is a willing team player as well.

but the reality is that with him as the main man we've always been just short of being a top class side.

the issue really began in the 2nd half of the 10/11 season and we've been suffering ever since. absolutely bizarre that he was given a long deal in 2013 but what choice did united have after ferguson had quit? who else could they get that summer? even more bizarre that LVG decided in season 2 that he would make rooney his lone frontman - possibly the most ridiculous long term tactical (and transfer market) decision i've seen in nearly 40 years of going to united.

tbf mourinho deciding to partner him with a 35 year on a season long jolly before retiring the big time could beat even that if it means the youth progression is stifled...
If Rooney isn't on it this season he'll finally lose his place, imo. Especially if Pogba is in. It was always difficult for Van Gaal to make that call while he had a delicate relationship with the senior players and I suppose with the fans. Mou currently in a much stronger position.

For some games that could see Zlat drop off and play behind Rashford, but most of the time Zlat probably not aggressive enough in terms of pressing and helping the midfield to play that role for Mourinho. Feels like it's going to be a frustrating year for Rashford tbh.

Unread 05-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Buck

Most players play at the top level for 10 years. Rooney's been playing top level football since the age of 16. He's never been a natural athlete like Giggs. Been downhill since 2012.
Closed Thread