United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-08-2016, 12:05 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
No offence, but your argument seems to be that all managers are essentially the same. Or that any attribute I associate with Mourinho is prevalent in everyone else. Mourinho is massively different to LvG in terms of approach. Arguing otherwise is mental, tbh.

Like I say, you and I seem to just disagree on this. You're alright with Mourinho as he is. I think he needs to change.
I think I've been very clear on the point.

I'm not saying that all managers are the same. We're talking specifically about parking the bus. I'm saying most managers do that, or are at least more cautious, in big games away from home. I've cited examples where we've done it under Fergie and lvg. I expect mourinho to do same.

However, the key part is that these games are the exception. The norm is the rest of the league. Largely, they'll sit back and that's what we'll have to contend with. Fergie, Moyes and lvg all had to and so will mourinho.

As for big games, we drew 0-0 at home to City last season. Very little happened. It wasn't a huge talking point or a damming indictment of lvg. Yet it's seems like exactly the kind of game you're fearing next season and you think will be massively divisive.

You're worrying about something you've seen plenty of times before.

Again, I think you're worrying about nothing and I don't find mourinho inherently negative. I don't think we only disagree on mourinho, bit also lvg. You think dominating possession suggests the intent is to always attack. While I agree the possession is to dominate, it doesn't mean you're attacking. Attack involves risk and allowing players freedom. He didn't do that.

Whatever the upshot, we were boring. We won't be any more boring than last season. It's why we've sacked him.

And again, we will be more entertaining than any of the last three seasons.

Unread 04-08-2016, 12:06 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Pretty much the same thing really.

"I argue that I had the best recruitment in the premier league's history when I was with Everton"

See, I don't just hate him because of his time here. He was also a #@&%! at Everton
I think his signings at Everton were good. I think he did a good job there but not anywhere good enough to become United manager. It's all relative.

Unread 04-08-2016, 12:24 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

I'm not saying that all managers are the same. We're talking specifically about parking the bus. I'm saying most managers do that, or are at least more cautious, in big games away from home. I've cited examples where we've done it under Fergie and lvg. I expect mourinho to do same.

However, the key part is that these games are the exception. The norm is the rest of the league. Largely, they'll sit back and that's what we'll have to contend with. Fergie, Moyes and lvg all had to and so will mourinho.

As for big games, we drew 0-0 at home to City last season. Very little happened. It wasn't a huge talking point or a damming indictment of lvg. Yet it's seems like exactly the kind of game you're fearing next season and you think will be massively divisive.

Again, I think you're worrying about nothing and I don't find mourinho inherently negative. I don't think we only disagree on mourinho, bit also lvg. You think dominating possession suggests the intent is to always attack. While I agree the possession is to dominate, it doesn't mean you're attacking. Attack involves risk and allowing players freedom. He didn't do that.

Whatever the upshot, we were boring. We won't be any more boring than last season. It's why we've sacked him.

This. If we are stretching a hypothetical, to quote mnik, which is what siders is doing, and therefore projecting that Jose's team will not be entertaining, it really is stretching a point. Even more so, when lvgs team made Dave Sexton look like Rinus Michels, or even Tommy Doc, in terms of attractiveness. It doesn't get more boring than a team defending high up the pitch and so terrified of losing possession, it forgot how to score goals. He made us hard to beat, but £#%&! me, siders (or even sideways) it was dull.

Unread 04-08-2016, 01:49 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Right, so you're talking about being a little more cautious in some away games. Great, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about - and I don't know why I'm having to state this for the millionth time - being ultra negative at home.

Anyway, I disagree with virtually everything you're posting so maybe we should just call it quits

Unread 04-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Right, so you're talking about being a little more cautious in some away games. Great, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about - and I don't know why I'm having to state this for the millionth time - being ultra negative at home.
His team hasn't even played a competitive game at old Trafford yet. Why not wait until he's ultra negative at home before discussing it? What's the £#%&!ing point of endlessly discussing imaginary scenarios? If it happens every United fan will be attacking such tactics, and he's fully aware of that fact. You're basically saying mourinho is stupid and doesn't realise which club he's joined.

Unread 04-08-2016, 11:05 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Anyway, I disagree with virtually everything you're posting so maybe we should just call it quits

Which I'm saying won't happen unless it's absolutely required and that we've done it plenty before. How are YOU not getting THAT?

Jesus, Siders

If you don't agree with my evaluation of José and Lvg, then that's fine mate, but you seem to be simply ignoring the content of my replies.

I get your concerns, I've acknowledgement them, offered a counter point and then you just repeat yourself.

Your point: you don't want us to be ultra negative at home.

My response: for the most part, we won't be (for all the reasons cited) and when we are, it'll be nothing new.

That's it really.

I think we've reached an impasse. Let's just change your avatar and move on.

Unread 06-08-2016, 12:05 AM
Chorlton74

He's just £#%&!ed 8 million on somebody that cost the rentboys 4 million a year ago and only played 1 game for them.

he's a £#%&!ing genius.

Unread 06-08-2016, 12:07 AM
Sparky***

He'll do alright at Sunderland because that's his level.

Anywhere where he's expected to win games or actually achieve something, hes £#%&!ed.

Unread 06-08-2016, 12:09 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
He's just £#%&!ed 8 million on somebody that cost the rentboys 4 million a year ago and only played 1 game for them.

he's a £#%&!ing genius.
He played 1 minute. One £#%&!ing minute

Unread 06-08-2016, 12:16 AM
Buck

Woodward needs to find out how they sell for such good prices while we're giving away good talents for £#%&! all. When he masters that he'll become the most complete CEO of all time.

Unread 06-08-2016, 05:51 AM
Clarkie

People defended this....

People defended this and said he was a better choice than Mourinho.....

Unread 06-08-2016, 04:25 PM
red in cumbria

To be precise, one person on this forum did. Who is no longer around to "justify" themselves

Unread 06-08-2016, 04:28 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
To be precise, one person on this forum did. Who is no longer around to "justify" themselves
Where is rougers anyway?

Unread 06-08-2016, 04:29 PM
waynes ear's

Fergie?

Unread 06-08-2016, 04:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Where is rougers anyway?
Nah, it wasn't him.

Unread 06-08-2016, 04:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

well i don't know about anyone else, but i think we need at least 1 more competitive game for mourinho before we can judge how his teams usually get set up. it's very unreasonable to judge him on the previous 700 plus games he's managed...

Unread 06-08-2016, 04:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Fergie?
He posts on Fred??
Closed Thread