United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-02-2015, 07:43 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I wanted Aguero in as soon as Ronaldo was signed, fair enough. BUT, I did suggest he was exactly the same type of player. I carried on saying he did he same kind of things instead of just saying "That's where the money should go".

This is the worst part, and I'm still haunted to this day:

It was dunk that put me right.
Was £#%&!ing amusing tbf

Unread 09-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He wasn't, he was just a bit more sensible.
Also much better.

Unread 09-02-2015, 08:00 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Was £#%&!ing amusing tbf
I just blindly kept going because I'd said it and wanted to be saged-up.

I was right in one part - we should've bought the little shit with the Ronnie cash, but saying he was the closest type of player to Ronnie was really daft.

Haunts me every day.

Unread 09-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Also much better.
In my defence, your honour, I was about 14, Giggs had less meat on him than a starving whippet and Sharpey had been ripping various English and European sides up for arse paper around that time.

Unread 09-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I wanted Aguero in as soon as Ronaldo was signed, fair enough. BUT, I did suggest he was exactly the same type of player. I carried on saying he did he same kind of things instead of just saying "That's where the money should go".

This is the worst part, and I'm still haunted to this day:

It was dunk that put me right.
Was actually me who first pulled you up on that

Then Dunk came in with a truthbomb.

Unread 09-02-2015, 08:18 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Was actually me who first pulled you up on that

Then Dunk came in with a truthbomb.
Yeah, but come on, my actual sagery would've been spot on had I stuck and not twisted into uber/faux sagery.

Unread 09-02-2015, 08:24 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
In my defence, your honour, I was about 14, Giggs had less meat on him than a starving whippet and Sharpey had been ripping various English and European sides up for arse paper around that time.

and id got the duvet for christmas

Unread 09-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

Unread 09-02-2015, 08:43 PM
taff

here's a few i can remember (mitigating circumstances in brackets).

thought we overpaid for carrick (tbf i think we probably did at the time)

thought vidic and evra weren't united standard (tbf i knew £#%&!-all about them and fergie had just spent the preceding couple of years buying a load of shite)

thought berbatov was the answer to our prayers (tbf he had all the talent for united, just none of the application)

was reasonably pro-moyes 'til a lot later than most on here (tbf i think it was more i didn't want him to fail rather than i thought he would succeed - don't enjoy seeing a united manager flounder, whoever it is)

Unread 09-02-2015, 09:52 PM
plopborsky

Thiago Alcāntara do Nascimento

Unread 10-02-2015, 09:08 AM
irk

I said that fletcher would never be a decent footballer as long as he had a hole in his arse. I was wrong on both counts.

Unread 10-02-2015, 09:32 AM
no fun

I was extremely vocal in my opposition to Stepney taking penalties

Unread 10-02-2015, 01:44 PM
puressence

anyone mentioned degea yet cos theres at least half a dozen @#%&!s on this thread who murdered him first few months

Unread 10-02-2015, 02:08 PM
eusker

I thought Robbo would make a great manager.

Unread 10-02-2015, 02:10 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
anyone mentioned degea yet cos theres at least half a dozen @#%&!s on this thread who murdered him first few months
borsuk. Also a massive Moyes/Fellaini fan boy. Still gutted he did a runner before I could hound him off.

Unread 10-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
I thought Robbo would make a great manager.
tbf I think Fergie said he thought something similar. And that no-one thought Hughes would be a manager at all, he was so quiet.

Unread 10-02-2015, 04:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
borsuk. Also a massive Moyes/Fellaini fan boy. Still gutted he did a runner before I could hound him off.
I had forgotten his lawless-lite pronouncements on Dave. The charge sheet is actually quite impressive, tbh
Closed Thread