United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2012, 09:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Arsenal - The Official Thread

Gotta go with yer best team for this, hopefully we've no new injuries. I'll go with :-

De Gea
Rafael
Smalling
Rio
Evra
Valencia
Jones
Carrick
Nani
Welbeck
Rooney

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:17 AM
united1878

would be my choice too.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:19 AM
dunk

Lindegard
Rafael
Smalling
Rio
Evra
Anderson
Carrick
Giggs
Nani
Valencia
Rooney

4-3-3

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Bunker Buster

If wellers and smalling are match fit..........Our best team at the moment.

Linders
Rafael
Smalling
Rio
Evra
Anderson
Carrick
Nani
Valencia
Welbeck
Rooney

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:24 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
If wellers and smalling are match fit..........Our best team at the moment.

Linders
Rafael
Smalling
Rio
Evra
Anderson
Carrick
Nani
Valencia
Welbeck
Rooney
Yep.

Think Jones still needs some time out the side.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Nice to see Ando creeping back into peoples favours.

Paging carlo.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:26 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

Paging carlo.
That's mainly because there are few options.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That's mainly because there are few options.

That kind of depends how stubborn you are on certain subjects.

Withers

Quote:

Paging carlo.
Doubt he is creeping into peoples favours, just further down the hate list than the other options.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
That kind of depends how stubborn you are on certain subjects.
Nah, Phil needs a rest, a good £#%&!ing rest. He was a £#%&!ing car crash in his last few games.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Doubt he is creeping into peoples favours, just further down the hate list than the other options.
He'll have a coupla decent games and talk of potential will be back, "could be the answer" etc. Like battered women going back to abusive husbands.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nah, Phil needs a rest, a good £#%&!ing rest. He was a £#%&!ing car crash in his last few games.
In defence.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:41 AM
PaulParkers

Thumbs up

Quote:
Gotta go with yer best team for this, hopefully we've no new injuries. I'll go with :-

De Gea
Rafael
Smalling
Rio
Evra
Valencia
Jones
Carrick
Nani
Welbeck
Rooney
Thread closed.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Baron

Quote:

De Gea
Rafael
Smalling
Rio
Evra
Valencia
Jones
Carrick
Nani
Welbeck
Rooney
Yes, although Evans in defence & Smalling at RB wouldn't displease me at the moment either. Arsenal are apparently without Arteta & Vermaelen which should mean that £#%&!ing 1980's style Skoda Mertesacker in central defence

We need legs in central midfield to close down Ramsey, he £#%&!ing hated that against Swansea the other day & with no Arteta to play the rapid interpassing that would usually get them out of trouble he was caught on the ball a lot. Probably wont play that badly again but he makes Carrick look positively composed when faced with an immediate challenge. Winning the ball that high up the pitch & running straight at their CB's should be a laugh.

So I fully expect us to go 4-5-1 & sit off them.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:43 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Thread closed.
De Gea's got an appointment at vision express and can't come to london.

Thread re-opened.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Yes, although Evans in defence & Smalling at RB wouldn't displease me at the moment either. Arsenal are apparently without Arteta & Vermaelen which should mean that £#%&!ing 1980's style Skoda Mertesacker in central defence

We need legs in central midfield to close down Ramsey, he £#%&!ing hated that against Swansea the other day & with no Arteta to play the rapid interpassing that would usually get them out of trouble he was caught on the ball a lot. Probably wont play that badly again but he makes Carrick look positively composed when faced with an immediate challenge. Winning the ball that high up the pitch & running straight at their CB's should be a laugh.

NO! Smalling is our best CB, we need him to be playing there regularly, build our defence around him. Rafael was excellent last week so we should play him at RB regularly, just keep telling him not to jump in, in the current climate he is a bit of a red card waiting to happen.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Baron

Quote:
NO! Smalling is our best CB, we need him to be playing there regularly, build our defence around him. Rafael was excellent last week so we should play him at RB regularly, just keep telling him not to jump in, in the current climate he is a bit of a red card waiting to happen.
Smalling will be our best central defender, but alongside Vidic. Alongside Rio he's too similar, we need someone to go for the initial header, which Evans is getting half decent at.

Either way, I'd rather Smalling in the side than Rafael tbh.

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Smalling will be our best central defender, but alongside Vidic. Alongside Rio he's too similar, we need someone to go for the initial header, which Evans is getting half decent at.

Either way, I'd rather Smalling in the side than Rafael tbh.
Smalling is our best CB in the air after Vidic.

Smalling will be in the side whether Rafael is or not, it isn't a choice?

Unread 20-01-2012, 11:07 AM
jem

evans is shit.

happy with the consensus. happy with ando or jones. would prefer fabio to shut down the pass masters.

£#%&!ing hell.... how many mistakes does evans have to make? I wouldn't even let him mark arshavin. even if he were some high ball clearing colossus (like £#%&! is he, the @#%&!), we are playing the world's greatest footballing team ever except maybe barcelona on a good day, not £#%&!ing blackburn or newcastle.
Closed Thread