United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
good post.

Shame jack cant see the woods for the orange trees...
tangerine, not orange

as for RiC: surprised and disappointed with that.

Unread 21-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Bunker Buster

cheers for the pm......

is that RiC wrote.......

why...?

Unread 21-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

12.40 on a friday night lads. *justsaying*

Unread 21-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Glad you caught it before he got away with it

Gonna find an old post of his & bad rep him
Disgusted tbh
Feel bad for the poster he aimed it at but I suppose what goes around comes around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
12.40 on a friday night lads. *justsaying*
You bought a time machine

Unread 21-01-2012, 01:29 AM
red in cumbria

Unread 21-01-2012, 01:41 AM
MrBishi

Internet bullying is no laughing matter :shakehead:

Unread 21-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

AFC Manchester 1878
voted for that too.

still think it's the best name. FC United still sounds £#%&!ing £#%&!.

Unread 21-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Argentina

Don't know if it's been mentioned but I have never understood why some plot to offload a load of players from a top club's academy has never happened yet. Adopting an existing club to export the talent to. Although United would want to pitch their players to a higher standard than the Conference, Darlington would be an ideal scenario right now. (Mind you, we've just sent Michael Keane off to £#%&!ing Royal Antwerp! They're Belgian Second Division!!! Jesus Christ! He's better off going to Stockport. At least he grew up in Stockport and might have a slight pride in playing for them!)

Aaaaanyway, I know there are rules preventing the amount of loaned players from a certain club, but not 'transfers'.

I did it on Champ Manager back in the day when I was a kid. I remember wondering after the Worthington Cup game when we beat Watford, who were then top of the First Division, 3-0, if our reserve team was good enough to win the First Division.

Our team was:
Van Der Guow
Clegg
Brown
O'Shea
P. Neville
Chadwick
Greening
Wallwork
Fortune
Yorke
Solskjaer

Stewart and Rachubka came off the bench.

I started a two-player game and managed United and Plymouth and signed all the players from United like Nardiello, O'Shea, Stewart, Lynch, Roche, Rachubka, Stewart, Wallwork (Greening wouldn't agree personal terms ) and got Plymouth from the 3rd division into the Premier League in about 5 seasons.

I suppose it's complicated to do in reality. Building a club up from outside the 92 football league teams is time consuming and costly (especially to get them to a level where it would be worth it). Having said that, how many players have we had slip into obscurity anyway. United may as well have got a benefit out of all the money we've spent on them.

The other option would be trying to develop a bond with an established club which would only be worth it if they were in Division 1 or Division 2, and again it would be costly and maybe a little controversial.
Closed Thread