United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2012, 04:12 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Uli Hoeness

Top Red

Quote:
"Before Mr. Glazer bought Manchester United, he didn’t know there was air in the ball,” Hoeness said. “That’s not something that I accept. His target is making money. I would accept Mr. Glazer immediately if he says ‘OK, the price of Manchester United is 800 million pounds ($1.2 billion). That’s my money, my risk and now we are working.’ But what did he do, he bought the club and said okay I don’t have the money how can we finance it? That’s something that I never accept.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...-ceo-says.html

Unread 19-01-2012, 04:40 PM
The Watcher

Love Bayern Munich, best run of the 'big' clubs imo. A great institution.

I remember an interview pre takeover where Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said United were the 'model' club

Unread 19-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Bayern are self righteous @#%&!s. Stay strong people

Unread 19-01-2012, 05:36 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Love Bayern - my fave non United team tbh
You're like the brother I never had Jez.

Unread 19-01-2012, 05:41 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

bayern's a proper club, a model to follow if we could. loads of home-grown talent in the team and some great young players as well. probably the team best placed to challenge barca over the next few years.

top stadium as well.

Unread 19-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
bayern's a proper club, a model to follow if we could. loads of home-grown talent in the team and some great young players as well. probably the team best placed to challenge barca over the next few years.

top stadium as well.
A Bayern v Barca Champion's League final at the Allianz Arena this year would be interesting...

Unread 19-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Love Uli, Hate Glazer.

Unread 19-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Pop

Thumbs up

Love krauts

Unread 19-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Ashley's Grime

Bayern must be the shrewdest club in transfer dealings anywhere. £17m they got for Hargreaves knowing that his knees were £#%&!ed.

Unread 19-01-2012, 06:02 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

I admire how they keep their best and most influential players at the club after they've retired. I think it's a great assest to have, as it helps keep the standards that made the club great. Hoeness played for them, became General manager then President. Gerd Muller, their greatest ever striker, runs the reserve team. Beckenbauer, their greatest ever player, went on to manage the club then be it's President. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge's the current CEO and Paul Breitner's on the board too I think?

Unread 19-01-2012, 06:05 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I admire how they keep their best and most influential players at the club after they've retired. I think it's a great assest to have, as it helps keep the standards that made the club great. Hoeness played for them, became General manager then President. Gerd Muller, their greatest ever striker, runs the reserve team. Beckenbauer, their greatest ever player, went on to manage the club then be it's President. Karl-Heinz Rummenigge's the current CEO and Paul Breitner's on the board too I think?
I love how they all have war-related nicknames too: 'Der Bomber', 'Der Kaiser' etc

Actually it's only those two come to think of it

Unread 19-01-2012, 06:10 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
I love how they all have war-related nicknames too: 'Der Bomber', 'Der Kaiser' etc
German 'bantz' at its very best.

Unread 19-01-2012, 06:12 PM
no fun

Quote:

three

uwe rosler - " der £#%&!ing @#%&!"

Unread 19-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Zorg

He's got a better grasp of it than a lot of reds tbh.

Unread 19-01-2012, 06:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

top stadium as well.
Still @#%&!s though

Unread 19-01-2012, 06:36 PM
forzagarza

Quote:

It's anti-semantic imo

Unread 19-01-2012, 06:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Still @#%&!s though
Exactly - their arrogance is astounding even by Teutonic standards. Was very pleased when Inter beat them

(not least because of how they got us knocked out, obviously )

Unread 19-01-2012, 06:48 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Still @#%&!s though
not since van bommell left

Unread 19-01-2012, 06:49 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Club have responded

Strong position, blah blah blah.

Hope Bayern send us a postcard from Champions League

Unread 19-01-2012, 06:52 PM
The Watcher

There's nothing arrogant about knowing you're better then everyone else.

Quote:
"February 6, 1958 was a black day in the history of Manchester United, but also for football in general. I'm proud to be a fan of Manchester United. People in England say God save the Queen. Today, I say God save Manchester United." - Karl-Heinz Rummenigge
Class bloke, representing a class club
Closed Thread