United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:20 PM
poppy

The trouble with giving Welbeck 60k a week is superior youngsters like Jones are going to see it and want 100k a week. It's a slippery slope.

Give him 45k a week and tell him he can have the extra 15k when he gets himself an half decent first touch.

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:20 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
afternoon sir alan
dont get it, dont slip back into the unfunny Ginners we had to endure for a few months FFS

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
dont get it, dont slip back into the unfunny Ginners we had to endure for a few months FFS
wasnt much to 'get' tbf

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetts
If thats the case lets bump the whole squads wage up 50k per week. If he wants to go get a better wage somewhere else while winning £#%&! all then he can gtfo.
That's what happens when they are a first team player and it's time for a contract renewal

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Ghetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
The trouble with giving Welbeck 60k a week is superior youngsters like Jones are going to see it and want 100k a week. It's a slippery slope.

Give him 45k a week and tell him he can have the extra 15k when he gets himself an half decent first touch.
The club shouldnt even be talking about new contracts for anyway, wait till the end of the season and let the £#%&!ers earn a new contract based on how well they do over the season.

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:25 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
The club shouldnt even be talking about new contracts for anyway, wait till the end of the season and let the £#%&!ers earn a new contract based on how well they do over the season.
And let them get into their last year, have the upper hand or walk away for free 12 months later.

Good tactic

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:27 PM
believe

Quote:
you should read more of barca's posts tbh

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:28 PM
PaulParkers

United want to offer him a new contract and he's currently on 15k per week. He's scoring goals and playing well so in a good position in terms of negotiation. He knows roughly what other shit @#%&!s are on in the club. What's he supposed to do? Enter into talks and say "well I'd like more but I dont want to take the piss so just give me £30k". Then United say "Tell you what, here's £25k, thanks for your time"....

Obviously he's going to start high ffs. Complete non-story. He'll sign something for c£45-50k I imagine and be laughing his #@&%! off on the way home.

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Ghetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
And let them get into their last year, have the upper hand or walk away for free 12 months later.

Good tactic
Thanks a learnt it from Wenger tbh

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
United want to offer him a new contract and he's currently on 15k per week. He's scoring goals and playing well so in a good position in terms of negotiation. He knows roughly what other shit @#%&!s are on in the club. What's he supposed to do? Enter into talks and say "well I'd like more but I dont want to take the piss so just give me £30k". Then United say "Tell you what, here's £25k, thanks for your time"....

Obviously he's going to start high ffs. Complete non-story. He'll sign something for c£45-50k I imagine and be laughing his #@&%! off on the way home.
thank you for that piercing insight into the world of contract negotiations.

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:43 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
When you've negotiated contracts at the level PPP has, it becomes almost second nature

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:45 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
When you've negotiated contracts at the level PPP has, it becomes almost second nature

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:48 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:

PaulParkers

Quote:
dont be so £#%&!ing thick then

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I'd have guessed Darlington tbh.

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:49 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
dont be so £#%&!ing thick then
Ooooooh!

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy

We obviously watch very different players.

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
if young is on 120k
seriously ?

Unread 19-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
seriously ?
Closed Thread