United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Nedum Onuoha moving to QPR. Apparently he'll be on £80,000 p/w. Cheap.
from twitter. welbz will go mental if he sees that.

http://we-are-football.com/posts/goa...-onuoha-report

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signor Whippy
We should pull out all the stops to keep him at the club. Imagine trying to buy someone of similar talent/promise?
Chelsea spent £18m on Romelu Lukaku, who's probably on 4x Welbz current wage, he's only a year or 2 younger and is nowhere near the prospect.

I'd probably be demanding a 7 figure signing fee as well if I was him, £#%&! 'em, if the owners are 'billionaires' for doing £#%&! all, he wants his piece of the pie.

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Chelsea spent £18m on Romelu Lukaku, who's probably on 4x Welbz current wage, he's only a year or 2 younger and is nowhere near the prospect.

I'd probably be demanding a 7 figure signing fee as well if I was him, £#%&! 'em, if the owners are 'billionaires' for doing £#%&! all, he wants his piece of the pie.
not too sure how you come to that conclusion.

hes 18 and already got 13 caps. top scorer in the belgian league when he was 16. might not have made an impact in the epl yet but hes not been given much of a chance.

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

hes 18 and already got 13 caps. top scorer in the belgian league when he was 16. might not have made an impact in the epl yet but hes not been given much of a chance.
yhbr

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:12 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Imagine being on between 5%-20% of your colleagues wages.

The likes of rooney who plays well for about a month or two a year.

Ashley young on 8x his wage.

Rio on about 10x that.

Darron gibson was on 6x that.

Somethings not right there.
no but if you're 21 years old on 780k a year, after just breaking into the united first team, and about to renegotiate your contract Im sure you can put that to the back of your mind. Im happy with 60k a week, but he shouldnt be too pissed off with 45k, if he does well he can renegotiate it again ala Hernandez.

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

We shall see...

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Ghetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'd not want to lose him so we can save a few grand on his contract. He's gonna be a brilliant player. Already very, very good.
Same can be said the other way, if its only a few grand surely Wellbeck can accept the offer on the table. £#%&!ing hate footballers, greedy @#%&!s that they are.

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:15 PM
andyroo

Come on dunk, it's only our prospects you're allowed to write off, not somebody else's. You know how this place works.

silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetts
Same can be said the other way, if its only a few grand surely Wellbeck can accept the offer on the table. £#%&!ing hate footballers, greedy @#%&!s that they are.
How would he possibly live on 2.34 million a year

PaulParkers

I'm not sure any of you have ever negiotiated before tbh looking at these posts

Stickman

Thumbs down

Ehbr

Jack Duckworth

Quote:

why do you always claim to know how much footballers are on? you haven't got a clue how much he is on, so your point isn't valid.

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:16 PM
The Watcher

A club with a turnover approaching £400 million a year, penny pinching and struggling to re-sign our own Academy players. It's £#%&!ing farcical.

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
afternoon sir alan

believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
beep beep beep beep beep beepbeep beep beepbeep beep beepbeep beep beepbeep beep beep

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
United - Company worth Billions.

Welbeck - Footballer who's career could be ended at any time and has a finite working life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Come on dunk, it's only our prospects you're allowed to write off, not somebody else's. You know how this place works.
Sorry.

Welbeck is alright, but we could've binned him and signed that Lukaku, he's the next coming of Drogba that lad and not at all Carlton Cole like...

Ghetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
How would he possibly live on 2.34 million a year
Good point he wouldnt, Wellbeck should threaten to leave like Rooney did. If you cant beat em join em

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
why do you always claim to know how much footballers are on? you haven't got a clue how much he is on, so your point isn't valid.
I didn't claim, I said Probably.

You think Chelsea are going to pay £18m for him then put him on £10k a week and he's going to be happy with that?

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:19 PM
believe

Quote:
Good point he wouldnt, Wellbeck should threaten to leave like Rooney did. If you cant beat em join em

unfortunately, however, welbeck doesn't generate the kind of income rooney does (i imagine) so he'd be shown the door.

Unread 19-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Ghetts

Quote:
United - Company worth Billions.

Welbeck - Footballer who's career could be ended at any time and has a finite working life.

Sorry.

Welbeck is alright, but we could've binned him and signed that Lukaku, he's the next coming of Drogba that lad and not at all Carlton Cole like...
If thats the case lets bump the whole squads wage up 50k per week. If he wants to go get a better wage somewhere else while winning £#%&! all then he can gtfo.
Closed Thread