United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-01-2012, 12:51 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wouldn't trust Pea to make the tea atm tbh.

Unread 16-01-2012, 01:12 AM
armchair

Pea is £#%&!ing great. Not the finished article but still.

Unread 16-01-2012, 01:21 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Pea is £#%&!ing great. Not the finished article but still.
I did say atm...

Unread 16-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
I did say atm...
Not enough dunkers, comes across as genuine hatred for the little fella.

Unread 16-01-2012, 01:28 AM
armchair

Quote:
I did say atm...
even atm he's gifted. He's a fantastic finisher and has outrageous pace. Not every striker is about holding the ball up etc and given a ball over the top and someone clean through one on one, I don't know if I'd rather anyone else.

Unread 16-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
even atm he's gifted. He's a fantastic finisher and has outrageous pace. Not every striker is about holding the ball up etc and given a ball over the top and someone clean through one on one, I don't know if I'd rather anyone else.
It's ideal to have strikers with different abilities; Chicharito proved his worth last season. Play him against teams with a high line and he can nip in and finish one chance.

He played all summer for Mexico, then suffered a concussion and missed pre-season, then got injured again. Plus out midfield wasn't really blessed with playmakers earlier this season. He'll score crucial goals yet this season.

Unread 16-01-2012, 01:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Not enough dunkers, comes across as genuine hatred for the little fella.
It's just frustration tbh. His style of play frustrates me.

Unread 16-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
welbeck's far more of a physical presence than berbatov imo. we've done arsenal before with fast tempo play and fast counters, berbatov's not the man for that tbh. wouldn't be surprised to see park start tho.
Defo not a game for Berba. Hit them with pace, both in terms of athleticism and the way we move the ball. Berba doesn't do either of those two. Hangs on to it for too long and couldn't beat an U14 in a foot race.

Unread 16-01-2012, 02:16 AM
armchair

seriously berba can £#%&! off. all he does is slow down play and moan at the rest of the team. I'd prefer anyone else to play apart from him.

Unread 16-01-2012, 02:20 AM
Agent Dale Cooper

Most of our recent victories against Arsenal have been built around counter-attacking. I wouldn't mind seeing a 4-3-3 so we equal their midfield and allow Nani and Valencia to roam with Rooney up top.

Unread 16-01-2012, 04:01 AM
Stickman

£#%&!ing hell RVN would have loved Valencia - hed have had 5 today.

Unread 16-01-2012, 04:37 AM
Stickman

I reckon Arsenal will beat us, they £#%&!ing shouldnt but I just dont see the win despite Saturdays good showing.

Hope I am wrong, obviously.

Unread 16-01-2012, 06:43 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
not sure, but he won't drop Rooney will he, nor should he, anotther one with a great record against the crybabies

just think their defence is so £#%&! that Berbatov could really exploit them through the middle, Vermaelen will be back and while Welbeck has been superb we need a physical presence against them

The one thing that has worked against arsenal every time is counter attack with pace along with pressing from the front.

And you want to play berbatov who is absolutely £#%&!ing shit at both.

If berbatov plays, it will be one sided game to arsenal. Their defenders will start bringing the ball out from the back knowing the sloth will not run behind them and our midfield/defence will be under constant pressure.

Unread 16-01-2012, 01:22 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio

The one thing that has worked against arsenal every time is counter attack with pace along with pressing from the front.

And you want to play berbatov who is absolutely £#%&!ing shit at both.

If berbatov plays, it will be one sided game to arsenal. Their defenders will start bringing the ball out from the back knowing the sloth will not run behind them and our midfield/defence will be under constant pressure.
from who?

Unread 16-01-2012, 04:04 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I reckon Arsenal will beat us, they £#%&!ing shouldnt but I just dont see the win despite Saturdays good showing.

Hope I am wrong, obviously.
They beat us last season despite being utter shite at that time.

For it to happen twice in a row would be a bit of a stretch - unless we turn in the same cowardly display we did then

Unread 16-01-2012, 05:20 PM
JozMan

A soild preformance!

Unread 16-01-2012, 05:22 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
It's just frustration tbh. His style of play frustrates me.
God knows how you can watch Nani then ffs

Unread 16-01-2012, 07:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
He's been shite ever since he got that stupid haircut. Truly poetic justice

Unread 16-01-2012, 08:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
I enjoy watching Nani because he's a constant menace to the opposition, superb dribbling, eye for a pass and is usually involved in the teams best attacking moments. He's only as frustrating as any other winger I've ever known in terms of end product. Giggs, Ronaldo, Valencia and Kanchelskis have frustrated every bit as much as Nani, tbf.