United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:10 PM
BarryX

Exchanged pleasantries when I shared lift with Andy Cole once (at Habitat in St anns sq), Ronaldo gave me a wink and a nod, Rooney mouthed £#%&! off at me, and I made Fergie chuckle in the Sainsburies Car Park. The lift was the strangest place though...

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:12 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Exchanged pleasantries when I shared lift with Andy Cole once (at Habitat in St anns sq), Ronaldo gave me a wink and a nod, Rooney mouthed £#%&! off at me, and I made Fergie chuckle in the Sainsburies Car Park. The lift was the strangest place though...
you have to explain these actions now

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:32 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
you have to explain these actions now
Ronaldo was walking on Deansgate, in his third season with us, ahead of a small posse/entourage. I just said hello mate, and he winked and nodded back at me. I was buzzing about it all afternoon

I clocked Rooney sat outside a bar , whilst I was driving in Wilsmlow town center. He was having a breakfast/coffee, and I just gawped at him as I slowed down and passed. He happened to notice me staring and mouthed £#%&! off at me

The Ferguson one was the most memorable as I had just bought my lad his first Utd top, from the Mega Store (as I passed it everyday home from work). I even put our surname on the back of the shirt. Anyway I passed by Sainsburies, on my way home, and low and behold Ferguson is parked at the front of the store in an Audi (parked in the disabled bay). Noticing him, I decided to quickly go back and get my son's shirt autographed, so I head to the car, make my lad put on the shirt, and return towards Fergie in his car. By the time I returned there was a small group of bystanders just in front of the car, all staring at him, and I felt like a bit of a tit going up and knocking on his window, so I decide not to bother. However Fergie has noticed my lad in the Utd shirt and looks over and gives us a smile. I then pick up my lad, and hold him in the air like a trophy, turning him round so Fergie see's the name on his back. He had a good old chuckle at us, and left me with a little story I will remember for the rest of my life.

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:35 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Thumbs up Lovely story

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
The Ferguson one was the most memorable as I had just bought my lad his first Utd top, from the Mega Store (as I passed it everyday home from work). I even put our surname on the back of the shirt. Anyway I passed by Sainsburies, on my way home, and low and behold Ferguson is parked at the front of the store in an Audi (parked in the disabled bay). Noticing him, I decided to quickly go back and get my son's shirt autographed, so I head to the car, make my lad put on the shirt, and return towards Fergie in his car. By the time I returned there was a small group of bystanders just in front of the car, all staring at him, and I felt like a bit of a tit going up and knocking on his window, so I decide not to bother. However Fergie has noticed my lad in the Utd shirt and looks over and gives us a smile. I then pick up my lad, and hold him in the air like a trophy, turning him round so Fergie see's the name on his back. He had a good old chuckle at us, and left me with a little story I will remember for the rest of my life.
Had he just dropped off Cleverley?

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Charlestown Rouge

In the BA Lounge at Ringway. United were off to Cardiff for a Charidee Shield, me and Lady CR back to Vibrante.

Came out of the carsy and Lady CR was promising Rio he could have the one copy of "Homes and Garden" when she'd finished with it. Had an extended chat over the twiglets with Ruud and Tim Howard.

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Pop

I saw John O Shea come out of a photo booth in an underground carpark in Waterford. Not very strange tbh.

We exchanged silent manly nods at eachother.

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:47 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
They say they miss the old Crumps, Ged don't tempt me.

Old Crumps was a £#%&!ing nuisance, no malice like.
Old Crumps sounds like the kinda guy you could go on a 48 hour bender with and he'd still drive you home whilst smoking a party joint.

Sad i missed him.

Yeah i met Poborsky in Heald Green Sainsburys. He was on my checkout.

Lost his autograph. Useless scruffy @#%&!.

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

I hope he gave you the correct change.

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Old Crumps sounds like the kinda guy you could go on a 48 hour bender with and he'd still drive you home whilst smoking a party joint.

Sad i missed him.

Spot on pal, they were called weekends although neither old nor new Crumps can drive though. Old Crumps did try a fair few times tbf twoc.

Saying that he has been creeping back in his own little ways the last couple of months.

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:10 PM
taff

met carrick in central defence a couple of weeks ago, that was a bit odd

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
met carrick in central defence a couple of weeks ago, that was a bit odd
He's called Parters/ohs now pal.

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:19 PM
sudored

Sandy's superstars! No wum.

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:19 PM
JakeB

Ray Wood working in a Debenhams on the south coast.

Him working in the Debenhams I mean, which is what made it rather strange.

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Ginners

Quote:
you or him?

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Argentina

Met Paul McGrath at St. Ambrose in about 96. I was about 7 but I knew who he was. My dad pointed him out told me to go to talk to him. Nice guy.

Ole in Toys R Us in Stockport when I was 11

Met Kevin Moran at St Bede's playing fields in about 04. His son was playing in the younger teams. I recognised him and said something stupid along the lines of 'Pete Reid's a diving bastard'. He laughed and said something or other.

Was introduced to Ferguson at a school sportsman's dinner in Nov 04. Nice chat with him and he signed a copy of his autobiography for me. Was gonna get him to sign my copy of Michael Crick's The Boss but bottled it.

Met Roy Keane last month at a school Christmas fair! Nice guy. Loves a bit of eye contact!

Met Cheech in Starbucks in the arndale last Christmas.

Met Robbie Savage in the toilets at Panacea last year.

Met Lindergaard last night in Piccadilly train station.

Think that's it.

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

saw lou macari at one of those stupid train stations. Was going to say something but he was tiny and that is the only thing I could think about so I just stared at him and made him uncomfortable for about a second.

Met ruud in temple bar.

Saw ronny johnson picking his nose in a car while his wife got animated at him.

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:57 PM
rubbernecker

Ashley Grimes in my mate's mothers front room

Alex Stepney when he was a pot collector at the Ship in Irlam -

Wilf McGuiness at a timeshare resort in Tenerife

Bryan Robson in the red light area Amsterdam

Matt Busby in RsMcColls - Stretford Arndale

Most of Tommy Doc/Big Ron's teams in The Sands in Stretford - not that strange at all really , in fact I think they used to get fined for not being pissed out of their heads themdays

Unread 09-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Saw ronny johnson picking his nose in a car while his wife got animated at him.

Unread 09-01-2012, 07:06 PM
no fun

denis law on the greek island of poros - still got the photo

graham hogg in the little b

larnell cole at my middle lads 8th birthday party ( larnell was 8 at the time as well)

ravell morrison - cant say the venue

Unread 09-01-2012, 07:11 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Met Robbie Savage in the toilets at Panacea last year.
Glory hole?

I met Denis Law in his house but that wasn't that strange tbf as he lives there.
Closed Thread