United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Question The strangest place you've met a United player?

I met Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the Wembley toilets at the 2009 Carling Cup Final. Along with Cantona and Scholesy, Ole is my favourite United player, so to meet him was a big deal for me.

I'd just gone over to the sink to wash my hands when I noticed this chap standing next to me wearing a United blazer. I turned and recognised him immediately - Ole. I nervously approached and asked, "Excuse me, you're Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, aren't you?" he nodded and said "Yes.". Then I went all mentalist on him...

"Ijustwanttosaythatyou'reoneofmyfavouriteplayersev erandit'sgreattomeetyou!" I shook his hand and he thanked me. Deep down he probably thought I was a psycho, but he was very friendly. Lovely bloke. I walked out of the toilets and started telling my dad, "I just met Ole! I just met Ole!"

It was a great moment, but also a slightly embarrassing one because I acted like a teenage girl who'd just met a boyband.

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:40 PM
BarryX

so you go to the toilet, and then ".. just went to the sink to wash my hands" and then, soon after "shook his hand". £#%&!ing hell, I bet he wasn't too impressed having pissy hands all over him

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:42 PM
teflon_terry

Strange indeed!

What are the odds of bumping into a former football player at Wembley Stadium???

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
so you go to the toilet, and then ".. just went to the sink to wash my hands" and then, soon after "shook his hand". £#%&!ing hell, I bet he wasn't too impressed having pissy hands all over him
No, I was washing my hands when I saw him. Good hygiene is just the way I roll

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:45 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Strange indeed!

What are the odds of bumping into a former football player at Wembley Stadium???
that's nowt - I saw eleven of the £#%&!ers having a kick about in stretford

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:45 PM
carlosartorial

Hull

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Crumps

I met Denis Irwin when I was trying to get some shoes to get in a shitty club/bar in town as my black socks over my trainers trick failed. People just assumed I was mental offering 50 quid and my trainers for their shoes. He was a size six or seven so no go so I asked his wife if I could give him a hug then hugged him before she answered. Never did get any shoes.

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Strange indeed!

Yeah, but in the same bathroom at the same time... it's a big stadium.

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Zorg

Paul Parker on a train, not that unusual but it was the first train in the morning from Wolverhampton to Birmingham Airport at about 5 am and the carriage was otherwise empty. £#%&! knows what he was doing on it. He was very smartly dressed too.

I wanted to start singing the song we all used to sing for Paul Parker but then realised there wasn't one.

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:51 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I met Denis Irwin when I was trying to get some shoes to get in a shitty club/bar in town as my black socks over my trainers trick failed. People just assumed I was mental offering 50 quid and my trainers for their shoes. He was a size six or seven so no go so I asked his wife if I could give him a hug then hugged him before she answered. Never did get any shoes.
He was a funny guy, the old Crumps, wasn't he.

edit: still love the all new growed up Crumps aswell, of course

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:51 PM
denis lawless

Alan Brazil....in a Pizza Hut

fat @#%&!

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:52 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Paul Parker on a train, not that unusual but it was the first train in the morning from Wolverhampton to Birmingham Airport at about 5 am and the carriage was otherwise empty. £#%&! knows what he was doing on it. He was very smartly dressed too.

I wanted to start singing the song we all used to sing for Paul Parker but then realised there wasn't one.
'There's only one Paul Parker'

Bloody love that tune.

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
He was a funny guy, the old Crumps, wasn't he.

edit: still love the all new growed up Crumps aswell, of course
They say they miss the old Crumps, Ged don't tempt me.

Old Crumps was a £#%&!ing nuisance, no malice like.

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

I saw the actor who played Mick Johnson in Brookside on the train to Lime Street once. As he was getting off I shouted "See ya, Mick!" and he gave me an evil look. Don't know why - he must get called much worse by Liverpool fans?

Unread 09-01-2012, 04:55 PM
elephantstone

I met Arthur Albiston in Tatton park

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:05 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

I found out the bloke I live opposite used to be a united player so outside my house yesterday.

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:05 PM
jaffo

A lad I know was a chorister at St Pauls and was once in Hyde Park with three chums when Robbo, Bruce, Pallister & Ince walked by having a pre-match morning stroll (QPR away I think).

Anyway my mate approached them for autographs and they got chatting. Robson asked them what they did and they replied they were choristers and to prove it sang them a song. They all got given tickets for the match that afternoon by our musically impressed players. True story

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Signor Whippy

Met gary pallister at the services on the way to the CS this season. Met Van der sar in the toilets in Barracuda Bolton. Big lad

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:08 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
They say they miss the old Crumps, Ged don't tempt me.

Old Crumps was a £#%&!ing nuisance, no malice like.
Takes one to know one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
A lad I know was a chorister at St Pauls and was once in Hyde Park with three chums when Robbo, Bruce, Pallister & Ince walked by having a pre-match morning stroll (QPR away I think).

Anyway my mate approached them for autographs and they got chatting. Robson asked them what they did and they replied they were choristers and to prove it sang them a song. They all got given tickets for the match that afternoon by our musically impressed players. True story
YEAH RIGHT!! It was you wasn't it?

Unread 09-01-2012, 05:09 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
YEAH RIGHT!! It was you wasn't it?
Sadly not Ged, wish it was, he's got a voice of an angel
Closed Thread