United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 13-02-2010, 04:09 PM
redwhiteandblack

Default 'We do not prohibit peaceful protest'

http://www.imusa.org/newsarticle.php?id=250

'We do not prohibit peaceful protest'
13th February 2010

Update on the club's refusal to return the confiscated LUHG flag and the 11 year old 4th generation Red thrown out for singing inoffensive Anti-Glazer songs
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

The club continues to refuse to return the LUHG flag confiscated at the match against Burnley on 16th January and is now refusing to continue the correspondence with IMUSA who have been acting on behalf of the flag's owners.

IMUSA has taken legal advice and this is now in the hands of our solicitors. A complaint to the Police may follow.

The club's correspondence with us about this has in any event been so rude and unprofessional that a complaint has already been lodged with the Premier League.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Emails to IMUSA are treated as being confidential but when an 11 year old fourth generation Red is thrown out for singing anti-Glazer songs that the whole ground were singing we asked if we could publish the details of this so that others could know how much of a lie the club stating that they 'do not prohibit peaceful protest' really is.

"On the 6th Feb 2010 I was attending the match with my son (11yrs) and was using season tickets belonging to my grandparents.

During the second half of the match I was approached by a steward who told me in an aggressive manner to "sit down and stop singing anti-glazer songs".

I did agree to sit down, although I questioned" why?" as I was exercising my right to freedom of speech.

Not long after this minor incident I was approached yet again by a different steward (wearing orange coat) who told me to follow him along with my son down to the concourse. It was here that he explained I had verbally abused the first steward that approached me and that my version of events was needed.

Once there both my son and I were forced to stand against a wall and felt immediately intimidated as we were surrounded by stewards. I denied any form of abuse towards any of the stewards, yet felt as though I could have been talking in a different language as no one wanted to listen to either my son or I.

I was then asked to produce my tickets for them to check. I obliged as I had nothing to hide.

My grandfather's ticket was then confiscated and we were told in no uncertain terms were not welcome back and to leave the premises. We left the ground immediately.

I am writing to let you know how infuriated I feel regarding this matter.I have been coming to Old Trafford for 30yrs and my son has been coming for the past 5. I feel totally let down considering the amount of money I have paid into Old Trafford.

Manchester United are a huge part of my life and I have followed them overseas on countless occasions.

I would like my grandfather's ticket to be returned so that they can watch the remaining games of the season.

I am NO thug and neither is my son

Unread 13-02-2010, 04:29 PM
CockOfTheNorth

Default Re: 'We do not prohibit peaceful protest'

Absolute bastards

Unread 13-02-2010, 04:52 PM
believe

i think you may be £#%&!ed because i don't think you're allowed to pass down st's. £#%&!ing disgrace btw

Unread 13-02-2010, 07:48 PM
BarryX

can't believe the club are acting like this. what a bunch of £#%&!ers. my guess is a lot of the stewards are actually supporters of other local teams and enjoy acting like @#%&!s towards decent reds.

Unread 13-02-2010, 07:58 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
i think you may be £#%&!ed because i don't think you're allowed to pass down st's. £#%&!ing disgrace btw
the stewards oversee the exchange of season tickets outside the t.o on match days. i've give and got a few tickets that way in the past.

Unread 15-02-2010, 09:15 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You are right but it's neigh on impossible to enforce especially within a family where you wouldn't expect 'touting' to apply.

I would think many people share ST's & if the club tried to clamp down on this it would have a real effect on renewals.

Unread 15-02-2010, 09:42 AM
Clarkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
You are right but it's neigh on impossible to enforce especially within a family where you wouldn't expect 'touting' to apply.

I would think many people share ST's & if the club tried to clamp down on this it would have a real effect on renewals.
The club won't even check that the name on the ticket is the same as the person using it because they think it's a data protection issue