United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2018, 03:47 PM
sa7

No point even having a trial, no judge in the land will dare to oppose Scouse mob law.

Unread 29-06-2018, 04:07 PM
no fun

Drove right past hillsborough about 2 hrs ago

Unread 29-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Wellinever

Default 1970's Football Hooliganism!

At that time, mid 70's, the policing of football crowds was something of a joke. Certainly the safety of fans was probably the last thing the police worried about... why, because specific groups of fans (not all) coming from a number of different clubs were rowdy, usually pissed, aggressive with one another, never mind the opposition and the CCTV coverage was nothing like it is today. So the police by and large ignored it and they and 'the trouble makers' could get away with it, and they did.

Hillsborough, the ground itself was always a potential disaster on Cup semi final days, because most fans visiting were strangers to the ground. Police on the terraces themselves practically non-existent. Corralled in the Leeming's lane end in 1976 when we beat Derby county 2-0 (Gordon Hill brace) we got push around, by our own fans and one a two fracas broke out, usually handbags at twenty paces stuff. The police stood and watched, some even smiled!
Most incidents occurred in or around the entrance tunnel as those entering on to the terraces from the tunnel, stood for a moment or two to take in the view, a view not many had ever seen before, until those coming through the tunnel behind them bumped into them and caused first a blockage, then one or two 'fisty-cuffs' actions broke out. They petered out in seconds usually, but were the portent for what was to follow on the fateful day years later.

My guess is all sides were at fault, it was a sign of the times! There will be no justice for those who died in such tragedies, there never is, they were not the later comers, rushing to get in, they were the ones at the front of the terrace, who had come in early to get a good spot to watch the game, believing their own supporters would not cause them any problems and the police would look after them.

Maybe with these trials we will hear more about what really happened on those terraces and why, that's all the relatives can hope for!

Unread 29-06-2018, 04:43 PM
suedeshoes

Great post.

Unread 29-06-2018, 05:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
And the rats were the first group of supporters ever, to arrive sober, on time, with tickets, orderly and absolutely no intention of charging the gates.
We all know that's not true.

We also all know that football fans at the time were regarded as - and treated - worse than animals, and that was a major cause of the disaster.

Not to mention the subsequent, and even more outrageous, cover-up.

The end.

Unread 29-06-2018, 06:12 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

The end.
I £#%&!ing doubt it

Unread 29-06-2018, 07:53 PM
Switching Off

International breaks

Unread 29-06-2018, 09:27 PM
Albert Tatlock

Wasn't Keith there at the time ?

I think he posted about it on here. He was in the thick of it and his mate got injured

Unread 29-06-2018, 10:03 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Drove right past hillsborough about 2 hrs ago
Glad you’re okay pal

Unread 01-07-2018, 11:27 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
We all know that's not true.

We also all know that football fans at the time were regarded as - and treated - worse than animals, and that was a major cause of the disaster.

Not to mention the subsequent, and even more outrageous, cover-up.

The end.
Bit of irony

Fans behaved like animals before they were treated like it, tbf

Unread 01-07-2018, 05:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Bit of irony

Fans behaved like animals before they were treated like it, tbf
I know they weren't blameless, experienced some of it myself as a kid. That's not why the likes of Thatcher hated football so much she would have banned it had that been feasible, though.

Unread 02-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
I know they weren't blameless, experienced some of it myself as a kid. That's not why the likes of Thatcher hated football so much she would have banned it had that been feasible, though.

Well yeah. Maybe. Or not.

I’ve had the rats 1st hand through 70s, 80s. Far worse then than now. Media loved em while they slashed dad n lad scarfers .
V. Different from these clowns on rawk. Utter shit bags. Not the poor sods who died. Thatcher: yeah. Coppers: ditto. Doesn’t change the fact the vermin turned into theatre goers at Hillsboro. They were well pissed off about getting a smaller allocation than Forest cos they were on the opp. Side of the ground.

Whole thing has become black&white. Thatcher, cops and rats all guilty but who comes out smelling of roses?

Unread 02-07-2018, 11:04 AM
no fun

Quote:

I’ve had the rats 1st hand through 70s, 80s. Far worse then than now. Media loved em while they slashed dad n lad scarfers .
V. Different from these clowns on rawk. Utter shit bags. Not the poor sods who died. Thatcher: yeah. Coppers: ditto. Doesn’t change the fact the vermin turned into theatre goers at Hillsboro. They were well pissed off about getting a smaller allocation than Forest cos they were on the opp. Side of the ground.

Whole thing has become black&white. Thatcher, cops and rats all guilty but who comes out smelling of roses?
Liverpool florists?

Unread 02-07-2018, 11:07 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Not sure they'll come out of this trial smelling of roses.

Unread 02-07-2018, 12:47 PM
Sapien

Can’t imagine too many lawyers will be jumping at the chance to defend him tbh

Unread 02-07-2018, 12:51 PM
atticusgrinch

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Can’t imagine too many lawyers will be jumping at the chance to defend him tbh
You can't have met many then.

Unread 02-07-2018, 12:57 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
You can't have met many then.
Imagine the shit they are going to get in the press/post/street if they try and show Liverpool fans have some culpability. Not for the feint hearted.

Unread 02-07-2018, 01:02 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Imagine the shit they are going to get in the press/post/street if they try and show Liverpool fans have some culpability. Not for the feint hearted.
No half decent QC will give a £#%&!. I doubt they've ever even met a scouser unless defending them.

Unread 02-07-2018, 04:32 PM
red in cumbria

And after all we're talking about a senior copper here, so I'm sure all those Masonic connections will come in handy

Unread 03-07-2018, 11:05 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Liverpool florists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Not sure they'll come out of this trial smelling of roses.
Closed Thread