United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2012, 06:31 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Was pretty much forced by United rejecting him and all the other huge clubs either having enough top strikers or didn't think he was worth £47m + huge wages. Because that's what City paid in the end.

Ronaldo is a bigger @#%&! for forcing a transfer only a year after signing a 5 year deal. Tevez wanted to stay, he was grateful to be playing for the biggest club in the world amongst friends, winning trophies and being adored by fans.

Not that I think Ronaldo is a @#%&!. Just going by the logic of United fans. Good luck to Ronaldo winning nothing at Madrid. It's just sad to see someone who actually wanted to stay here(Carlitos) be treated like this. Surely after everything he's been through at City you can see he never wanted to be there in the first place.
That had nowt to do with a gentlemans agreement between him and the club/Ferie so we could get a huge price then? £#%&!ing news to me. Amazing statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Tevez never caused problems at United or West Ham.

Anyway, it's clear you already made your mind up so this is just a waste of time but I will disagree on there not being a rush to sign him. Everyone knows City need to sell him, Milan(personal terms agreed), Inter, Juve and the now ruled out PSG are just biding their time to agree on a deal.

And in your other post you misinterpreted what I said, 'treated like this' was aimed at United fans who villify him for Ferguson not signing him up.

He's obviously done some distasteful things at City, you're spot on but City is a distastful club and he had no interest in going there in the first place.

All i'm saying is. United fans are hypocritical at times and Carlitos wanted to stay.

WTF?

He wanted to stay (questionable, anyway) - on his terms and on his/Joorabchians terms only.Ferie thought he wasn't worth the cash or the bother - he's been proved right ffs.

He's a 'ME, ME, ME!' @#%&!.

Unread 21-01-2012, 06:46 PM
borsuk

did he £#%&! want to stay

Unread 21-01-2012, 06:52 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
did he £#%&! want to stay
If we'd have said "Here's £250k a week, tax free", he probably would've though.

Wherever he ends up, he'll only be there for a couple of season.Proper mercenary.

Unread 21-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Neo

I just love the fact that City's first trophy in three-and-a-half decades was lifted by this @#%&! who was wearing the captain's armband.

Sums them up as a club perfectly.

Unread 21-01-2012, 07:13 PM
dragflick

Thumbs down

Saffers is having a saffers here.

Unread 21-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Luffy

Wanted him gone for footballing reasons, he was an infuriating player at the top level, seemed unreliable, clumsy, ineffective. He did well at City with the adoration of the desperate fans, less expectation and competition and spearheading every attack. Just wasn't good enough to be our first choice and wasn't any good as a squad player.

His behaviour was the cherry on top really.

Unread 22-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Tevez has proven repeatedly he's a whinging crybaby with the brain of a bucket of shit. He's refused to get warmed up, refused to play, £#%&!ed off to Argentina when he's felt like it, moaned repeatedly about how shit Manchester and England are, whined about how much he hates being a footballer - all this from a multi-millionaire being paid absolutely astronomical amounts of money for his hobby.

Not only that, but he's not good enough for all that behaviour to be excused. If he were Ronaldo + Messi combined then maybe managers would put up with it, but he's not - he's an above-average player who is also an unprofessional, untrustworthy, disruptive, whinging £#%&!ing @#%&!. So why on earth should any manager, let alone one famous for demanding high professional standards and commitment, want him in his team?
tbf he is well above average.

What I find staggering though is this:

Manchester United 63 (19)
Manchester City 65 (43)

and he played in a World Class United team, yes the goals are shared more throughout but still It £#%&!ed me off no end swallowing my pride and admitting he became a much better player with them.

Unread 22-01-2012, 11:05 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
tbf he is well above average.

What I find staggering though is this:

Manchester United 63 (19)
Manchester City 65 (43)

and he played in a World Class United team, yes the goals are shared more throughout but still It £#%&!ed me off no end swallowing my pride and admitting he became a much better player with them.
at city he was the main man, which he never was at united. all the running around chasing defenders shouldn't hide the fact that the whole side was built around him up top. imo it's not a coincidence that he got £#%&!ed off with city when he was pushed down the pecking order.

Unread 22-01-2012, 11:34 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

saffers
is there some kind of @#%&! union where all the #@&%!s get together and make pacts to defend each others @#%&!ish actions?

Unread 22-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

norwegian reds

Unread 22-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Ghetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
norwegian reds

Norwegian reds we are here clubbing seals everywhere

Unread 22-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
If we'd have said "Here's £250k a week, tax free", he probably would've though.

Wherever he ends up, he'll only be there for a couple of season.Proper mercenary.
That would not have been enough. There also needed to be a huge signing lump sum for him and the Iranian even though he was already at the club SAF rightly told them where to go.

He's just a mercenary - engineering a move very 2/3 years so his management can cash in on signing on fees.

Unread 22-01-2012, 03:01 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
That would not have been enough. There also needed to be a huge signing lump sum for him and the Iranian even though he was already at the club SAF rightly told them where to go.

He's just a mercenary - engineering a move very 2/3 years so his management can cash in on signing on fees.
Totally agree.

Unread 22-01-2012, 03:24 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Totally agree.
totally
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
2001–2004 Boca Juniors 75 (26)
2004–2006 Corinthians 38 (25)
2006–2007 West Ham United 26 (7)
2007–2009 Manchester United 63 (19)
2009– Manchester City 65 (43)

tells its own tale

total needy greedy @#%&!

Unread 22-01-2012, 03:49 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

I'd have him back like a shot.
Loved Tevez.

Berbatov may not "rock the boat" & he may be a "model Pro" off the pitch, but he doesn't actually play Football very well for us.

Get Berbatov, Owen, Diouf out the door - Tevez, Rooney, Pea & Welbz as our strikers

Unread 22-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Chorlton74

Unread 22-01-2012, 04:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I'd have him back like a shot.
Loved Tevez.

Berbatov may not "rock the boat" & he may be a "model Pro" off the pitch, but he doesn't actually play Football very well for us.

Get Berbatov, Owen, Diouf out the door - Tevez, Rooney, Pea & Welbz as our strikers
Tevez was never *that* great for us, either. And he's not good enough to be "top dog" - which is all he is comfortable with.

Unread 22-01-2012, 04:51 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Tevez was never *that* great for us, either. And he's not good enough to be "top dog" - which is all he is comfortable with.
I disagree. He was great for us in the short time he was at United.

Unread 22-01-2012, 04:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I disagree. He was great for us in the short time he was at United.
More correctly, he had one pretty decent season for us. Which puts him on the same level as, say, Hargreaves and Anderson

Unread 22-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Zorg

He's like Arshavin and Rosicky. Lots of talent, but basically precious, pampered millionaires who can't really be £#%&!ed.
Closed Thread