United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2012, 10:48 AM
andyroo

Actually I was watching this just the other day for some reason.

He did kick it again after he'd kept it in play. But it was before the baldy @#%&! had blown up. He was obviously anticipating the whistle but he still played to it, shouldn't have been a yellow card.

Also the penalty was UTTER BULLSHIT. Liverpool's penalty that is. Ours was a peno.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Their penalty, Irwin being sent off, the inevitable equalizer and his subsequent celebration...no match has ever made me as angry as that. Never known rage like it after a football match I was £#%&!ing fuming for days after that.
So was I, but thankfuly we had the last laugh by completing THE PROPER TREBLE exactly 3 weeks later

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:27 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Also the penalty was UTTER BULLSHIT. Liverpool's penalty that is. Ours was a peno.
the penalty was an incredibly good challenge given the position Jesper was in, perfick.

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Luckily, I didn't watch it with any Liverpool fans. Rather ironically, I'd have been up for murder if I had.

I was devastated at full time. Pretty much assumed that was the end of the League and probably our entire season. What made it so much worse was the £#%&!ing injustice of it all. I've never felt more 'robbed' after a game.
I was 16 at the time and near tears, absolutely shellshocked, all I could think was Champions when Irwin scored the penalty

Thank £#%&! for Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink a couple of weeks later. How the £#%&! Elleray could award a penalty against Blomqvist, classic 'cheat' refereeing, hed never have given it a 0-0, and you just knew if they scored it was going to change the whole mentality throughtout our side until the game ended.

Fergie pushing Elleray

Unread 20-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
IMO, Irwin deserved a second yellow. I think he was time-wasting with that clearance, I thought it at the time and afterwards also.
tinhat but I always thought the same too. He was 'cute' with how he got the ball out of harms way so Liverpool couldnt take a quick throw while he was out of position. Soft to go for it but I thought he knew what he was doing.

Unread 20-01-2012, 08:05 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
can you imagine the comments between 85-90 mins on the european cup final?

"£#%&!ing shit...bottled it again on the big stage...wrong team. wtf was ferie thinking? blomqvist on the right?!...sheringham, £#%&! off you flash cockney cun.........GOAL!!"
i've got the ish mag somewhere with the ht forum posts when we were losing to spurts away. wonder whos names are on it......

Unread 20-01-2012, 08:35 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
tinhat but I always thought the same too. He was 'cute' with how he got the ball out of harms way so Liverpool couldnt take a quick throw while he was out of position. Soft to go for it but I thought he knew what he was doing.
To quote a horse, "Shut it you #@&%!"!

Unread 20-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
To quote a horse, "Shut it you #@&%!"!
Word

Unread 20-01-2012, 08:56 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Word