Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2012, 12:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
oh he did

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
can't believe you're still slurping him.
:shakehead:

Unread 18-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
people get all snooty about about swansea getting praised but they're a good side and do it without any big superstars, just a really clear plan and good coaching, all power to them. plenty of players who've come up the leagues with them as well.

it'll be interesting to see how brendan rogers does in the next few years, see if he can establish them in the premier league.

20% fan-owned btw, lots to admire about them imo.

joe allen's a really interesting player, much younger than britten.
agreed, good team to watch and i hope they stay up. should need less than the 40 points blackpool went down with last season, too. #bitter

Unread 18-01-2012, 01:28 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
people get all snooty about about swansea getting praised but they're a good side and do it without any big superstars, just a really clear plan and good coaching, all power to them. plenty of players who've come up the leagues with them as well.

it'll be interesting to see how brendan rogers does in the next few years, see if he can establish them in the premier league.

20% fan-owned btw, lots to admire about them imo.

joe allen's a really interesting player, much younger than britten.
I really haven't seen much of Swansea this year but, ya, Britton shone and it's exactly the sort of thing that's missing in Utd's midfield. I'm not even sure it's a lack of ability in our current players but rather a lack of intelligence.

Utd do not control games in the way they did when they had midfielders who were fleet of foot and mind.

It's a shame Britton is that bit old for Utd to consider. Allen did not look as good to me but then he's so much younger.

I'm still not sure the problem is so much the personnel as the coaching/attitude at Utd. They seem to be fixated on elaborate dribbling in risky parts of the field - Evra being a prime example. It's bizarre because Utd's ability to move between gears was usually built on a range of accurate passing keeping those sort of skills in reserve for the final third.
Closed Thread