United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Clarkie

Default Spurs

Down in 7th, 16 points off the top, 8 behind us....

I know the whole "Lads, it's Spurs" thing but, what the hell has happened?

Unread 30-11-2017, 09:41 AM
20 times

Poch. What a genius

Unread 30-11-2017, 09:44 AM
TheFatGoth

Was always gonna be a transitional season with them playing at Wembley and they're rightfully focusing their energies on the Champions League where the whole Wembley thing isn't as much of a Burden. They'll be back challenging next season when they move into the best stadium in the whole wide world.

Unread 30-11-2017, 09:50 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Was always gonna be a transitional season with us playing at Wembley and we're rightfully focusing our energies on the Champions League where the whole Wembley thing isn't as much of a Burden. We'll be back challenging next season when we move into the best stadium in the whole wide world.
Fair enough.

Unread 30-11-2017, 09:58 AM
puressence

Quote:
Was always gonna be a transitional season with them playing at Wembley and they're rightfully focusing their energies on the Champions League where the whole Wembley thing isn't as much of a Burden. They'll be back challenging next season when they move into the best stadium in the whole wide world.
look great with half the team playing elsewhere

Unread 30-11-2017, 11:39 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
look great with half the team playing elsewhere
could always enter a 5 a side League.

Unread 30-11-2017, 11:43 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

They had a good season, they have now reverted to type. like Leicester but without actually winning anything.

Unread 30-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Switching Off

Away at Watford on Saturday. Could get worse.

Unread 30-11-2017, 11:46 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Away at Watford on Saturday. Could get worse.
4-0 to spurs

Unread 30-11-2017, 11:57 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
The new Spurs stadium is going to be great to watch a game in.

Of American Football.

Unread 30-11-2017, 12:00 PM
Pop

Who cares tbh.

£#%&!ing Spurs.

Unread 30-11-2017, 12:03 PM
TreeFiddy

So much vitriol directed at Spurs on here which I find quite strange. I understand it's probably more a reaction to the perceived hype train (and fat goth) but nevertheless it's odd.

Everyone on here loves to bemoan this era of oil rich clubs and outrageous money in the game and rightly so. You'd therefore think that a team like Spurs, who play good football, and with a relatively modest budget have propelled themselves up from mid-table over the last ten years to compete with the three biggest clubs in England plus the two financially doped playthings would get a little more credit rather than simply being spitefully mocked for falling short.

Unread 30-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Pop

Disregarding the other teams you mentioned, Spurs are (have been?) a direct threat to Utd in the recent table standings therefore must be crushed.

And pointed and laughed at when things don't go swimmingly for them.

Unread 30-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
So much vitriol directed at Spurs on here which I find quite strange. I understand it's probably more a reaction to the perceived hype train (and fat goth) but nevertheless it's odd.

Everyone on here loves to bemoan this era of oil rich clubs and outrageous money in the game and rightly so. You'd therefore think that a team like Spurs, who play good football, and with a relatively modest budget have propelled themselves up from mid-table over the last ten years to compete with the three biggest clubs in England plus the two financially doped playthings would get a little more credit rather than simply being spitefully mocked for falling short.

This....they’ve done things the right way, on their day a lovely side to watch...

Really should of won it the other year...

Unread 30-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Clarkie

Quote:

I'm assuming you are not aiming that at me, as I wasn't mocking them at all, just simply asking what's gone wrong

Unread 30-11-2017, 01:03 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

Best of the bad #@&%!erney bunch and utd have always had good games against them for as long as I can remember, certainly one of the seasons best fixtures.

Unread 30-11-2017, 01:08 PM
goldfinger II

I don't mind Spurs. Never have. They have a history of stylish football, and until recently, would often lose to us in entertaining fashion.

Unread 30-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Swagger

Quote:

They've finished above us, they are rivals, £#%&! them

Unread 30-11-2017, 03:29 PM
saffers

Quote:

I think people like Spurs but hate TFG.

Unread 30-11-2017, 06:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Really should of won it the other year...
They were never actually that close to doing so, and ultimately finished third in a two horse race.
Closed Thread