United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Nicebutdim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Please explain your post you £#%&!ing blue c*** ?

Because I rate, support and can see Blind is a very decent player im suppose to don a skirt and wave some pom poms ?

How would you like to join me under the ford clock and I can rip your £#%&!ing wind pipe out.
Whatever tough guy.

Unread 27-09-2015, 02:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicebutdim
Whatever tough guy.
Nice step down.

Unread 27-09-2015, 03:12 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Whatever tough guy.
Shit out following bunks broadside. Unsurprising.

Be a good lad and head back to bluemoon before your spaghetti hoops go cold.

Unread 27-09-2015, 04:25 PM
S/Side.Red

I think now you could make a case for several players being our most important for different scenarios, which is a good sign. In big games, especially in Europe, you suspect Schweini will be a huge asset. De Gea, Smalling for his athleticism, Memphis and Martial for their dynamism. And hopefully before long Rooney becomes central to it all. Against deep defences like yesterday, Blind is now important; teams will have to press him.

He should still improve, also. Easy to forget he's 25 and hasn't much experience at CB.

Unread 27-09-2015, 04:42 PM
jem

thailand was blue.

Unread 27-09-2015, 04:43 PM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think now you could make a case for several players being our most important for different scenarios, which is a good sign. In big games, especially in Europe, you suspect Schweini will be a huge asset. De Gea, Smalling for his athleticism, Memphis and Martial for their dynamism. And hopefully before long Rooney becomes central to it all. Against deep defences like yesterday, Blind is now important; teams will have to press him.

He should still improve, also. Easy to forget he's 25 and hasn't much experience at CB.
We now have a proper spine to the team. Carrick, Sch x2, Blind, Darmian, Smalling - a group of clever players and v. composed on the ball.

Wouldn't have thought I'd ever listed Smalling amongst them this time last year, but there you go. He's been tremendous.

Would say De Gea is still our most important player. Simply because there's such a drop off in quality between him and his crew of back-ups

Unread 27-09-2015, 04:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan
We now have a proper spine to the team. Carrick, Sch x2, Blind, Darmian, Smalling - a group of clever players and v. composed on the ball.

Wouldn't have thought I'd ever listed Smalling amongst them this time last year, but there you go. He's been tremendous.

Would say De Gea is still our most important player. Simply because there's such a drop off in quality between him and his crew of back-ups
darmian is more of a hip.

Unread 27-09-2015, 04:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan

Yes, but as you suggest the fact that lots of reds have different opinions demonstrates a stronger core to the team. Over the last couple of years it's been an easy answer, but the development of Smalling and Blind, with the arrivals of Schweini and Martial have been huge.

I love Carrick but it's fantastic how we're much less reliant on him now.

Unread 27-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Trying to act hard over the internet has and always will be £#%&!ing lame. Grow some balls and head down your local MMA gym if you want to impress somebody.
Oh dear

Unread 27-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
he's actually pretty intelligent off the field. Did well in school etc..

Unread 27-09-2015, 05:26 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He was going to study financial economics in university

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
We saw the best and worst of him in that position over a 10 min spell yesterday. Wrestled easily out of the way by Lens for the chance that De Gea saved with his legs. A few minutes later he steps forward and plays the key pass, there is not another in the league in that position who can consistently hurt teams with passing as he does.

He takes the pressure off Smalling, who at the start of the season was attempting a few too many longer passes, now he is more content to play off Blind and to carry the ball forward when the space opens. Defensively Smalling is clearly the key figure, not sure Blind would do as well with a slower and less athletic partner.
There was always going to be a period of settling into the role, which is why we were quite fortunate to have had the opening fixtures we have had, but even from the outset it was clear he was going to bring a whole different dimension in our ability to play the ball out from the back. And because he is the type of player he is he will continue to learn, continue to improve. Intelligence is underrated in todays game. All people talk about is pace and power. Well look at Newcastle's first goal against Chelsea's big, strong, quick defence, and then tell me why pace and power are the most important attributes of a defender.

Unread 08-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Of course, now I feel most comfortable in the centre-back position. There I play every week at Manchester United and I feel good. [That said] I’m available anywhere.

It’s not too difficult to plat at left-back again, or as a central defender or a midfielder. I know I can be an important link for the team. That’s what I’ve shown in lots of games. I can be of value in any position.
Bloody good lad

Unread 08-10-2015, 10:00 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

We needed a new Sheasy or Pip tbf.

Unread 08-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We needed a new Sheasy or Pip tbf.
If Jones has had a bit of the tard coached out of him I'd put Daley in at LB and partner Jones with Smalling. Should add a bit of stability to the back.

Unread 08-10-2015, 10:13 AM
morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
If Jones has had a bit of the tard coached out of him I'd put Daley in at LB and partner Jones with Smalling. Should add a bit of stability to the back.
Agree with this, would give more balance to the side and I think Memph would also benefit from having big Daley supporting him

Unread 08-10-2015, 10:17 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Rojo at CB for me...

Unread 08-10-2015, 12:39 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Rojo at CB for me...
£#%&!ing hell, we agree on something.

Rojo would be a very good defender for us if he ever got a good run of games and played with a decent partner (now Smalling).
Closed Thread