United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:40 AM
BulgarianSpectator

Default Will you please stop knocking Berbatov

It's my job. You've just jumped on the bandwagon I started in October.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:41 AM
armchair

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:42 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgarianSpectator
It's my job. You've just jumped on the bandwagon I started in October.

what was your username in september?

my money is on enjoying insanity or toiletsniffer V

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:44 AM
armchair

We should buy Berbatov

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Whalefish

I tell you what I can't wait to see who is signed in the Summer and for folk to take an instant dislike to before a ball is kicked. What fun it is to be follow Utd supporter these days.

I often wonder why some folk bother with it. Surely they can find something more interesting/enjoyable to do with their spare time?

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:51 AM
BulgarianSpectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
what was your username in september?

my money is on enjoying insanity or toiletsniffer V
Nope. Nope. And Nope.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Whalefish

Who/where is Sharath these days?

I'm aware it's not BS.

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Marlo & his fount of knowledge again I see

Whalers already mentioning a year before he's bought to give him a season

Unread 21-04-2009, 10:56 AM
BulgarianSpectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I tell you what I can't wait to see who is signed in the Summer and for folk to take an instant dislike to before a ball is kicked. What fun it is to be follow Utd supporter these days.

I often wonder why some folk bother with it. Surely they can find something more interesting/enjoyable to do with their spare time?
Hey, I think he's a great player. Very talented. Just looks disinterested. Always had that opinion of him when he was at Spurs, where actually he worked well as he had a couple of pacey centre-forwards to work with.

He was the wrong player to sign. We needed, and still need, a quick striker who adds that immediate attacking threat, who goes for goal rather than hold the ball up until there opposition get 10 defenders behind the ball before passing.

Unread 21-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Hey, I think he's a great player. Very talented. Just looks disinterested. Always had that opinion of him when he was at Spurs, where actually he worked well as he had a couple of pacey centre-forwards to work with.

He was the wrong player to sign. We needed, and still need, a quick striker who adds that immediate attacking threat, who goes for goal rather than hold the ball up until there opposition get 10 defenders behind the ball before passing.
My comment basically sums up the last 3/4 seasons of transfer activity. Before any new face has kicked a ball he has - by some - been slated. Plenty words of 'wisdom' that player x, y or z has been a waste of money and a formista fave should have been signed instead. Said before so many office staff are wasting their lives, they should get out there and get their coaching badges. That's tongue in cheek btw before anyone shows their arse.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Oh and re Berbatov's qualities I still think he's an excellent player, but as stated yesterday I'm beginning to wonder if he's suited to Utd. We have a lot of round holes in the bext XI and there's a possibility he's the square peg. Will see how he does next year though.

That pacey striker could still be acquired when/if Tevez goes.

Unread 21-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Coracao

Quote:

Thanks for clearing this up on a daily basis, you boring @#%&!.

Unread 21-04-2009, 11:12 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Marlo & his fount of knowledge again I see

Whalers already mentioning a year before he's bought to give him a season
i thought he might be a good signing in 2006 for £10m as we needed a striker around then.

could have sold him to some club ready to pay £30m for him two seasons later .

Unread 21-04-2009, 11:14 AM
sullers

So you made your judgement after 2 months BS?

That makes you more of a prat than the rest of us.

Unread 21-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Oh and re Berbatov's qualities I still think he's an excellent player, but as stated yesterday I'm beginning to wonder if he's suited to Utd. We have a lot of round holes in the bext XI and there's a possibility he's the square peg. Will see how he does next year though.

That pacey striker could still be acquired when/if Tevez goes.
I think that's exactly it - it's more a sense of frustration that we have this supremely gifted player who we can't seem to utilise to our advantage. Berbatov is a very complex individual and at his age he's never going to change, either his personality or his style of play. SAF knew what he was getting and it's his job to get everyone working in tandem - and he hasn't managed it yet ...

Hopefully things will click into gear before long, but if the onus is on Berbatov to change, then we're going to be waiting a long time. As you say, maybe he just doesn't blend in with what is already there?

Regarding a new striker, we've apparently had scouts watching Luis Suarez at Ajax quite a bit - can't say I've seen much of him but he seems to be someone to keep an eye on.

Unread 21-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Looks like the nationals have been tracking some of the mug comments on here

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6135746.ece

Unread 21-04-2009, 12:58 PM
BulgarianSpectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Looks like the nationals have been tracking some of the mug comments on here

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6135746.ece
I like the first response:
Quote:
united couldn't have bought torres, though he'd have been a good fit. there aren't really any great strikers around, sadly. berbatov has played ok, but united have not played well as a team. when players like fletcher and park are filling in, that's the problem. hard work is not enough.

jem, london, uk

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda
Regarding a new striker, we've apparently had scouts watching Luis Suarez at Ajax quite a bit - can't say I've seen much of him but he seems to be someone to keep an eye on.
Personally, I'm a fan. Has impressed me much more than Huntelaar ever did in this Ajax team and is already looking far too good for the Dutch league. He's really more of a second striker or a winger (on either flank) in the classic Dutch 4-3-3 though - on the small side and a bit lightweight, lots of energy, very technical, great dribbling ability, loves to take people on, and moves across the attack and drops between the lines a lot. Needs to improve his finishing, which is inconsistent, and his decision making, where he tends to be quite selfish. Big time diver too. Always reminds me a bit of El Piojo (Claudio) Lopez

Unread 21-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Smeggs

seems the papers have gone to town on berba today. might actually work in our favour in that he is not immune to this stuff and give him a fire in his belly (in a Berba sort of way) that would bode well for the remaining games cos not matter what any of you lot think of any player, they all have thier part the play.

Unread 21-04-2009, 02:17 PM
koppas

Oh good, another Berbatov thread.

Unread 21-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Good defence case here

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/duncanw...mitar_berbatov
Closed Thread