Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
klopp's face

Unread 23-09-2015, 05:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Dippers after Gary Monk apparently...

The £#%&!meister
They just shadowing whatever Swansea do?

Unread 23-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
They just shadowing whatever Swansea do?
They should try starting with results.

Unread 23-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Pop

Closing all the new manager threads on rawk

"we don't allow speculation here"

Unread 23-09-2015, 05:30 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Closing all the new manager threads on rawk

"we don't allow speculation here"
whats the par league then

Unread 23-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Pop

A load of old %@#$&!s?

Unread 23-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Jethro

Some scouse @#%&! on the radio just said Liverpool are playing Klopps wages and he's waiting in the wings

Unread 23-09-2015, 06:14 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Some scouse @#%&! on the radio just said Liverpool are playing Klopps wages and he's waiting in the wings
it's coming out of the hillsborough pre-compo fund.

Unread 23-09-2015, 06:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
They should try starting with results.
Boom

Unread 24-09-2015, 12:41 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Take the 3-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur on the third weekend of last season when it appeared that Liverpool might be able to mount another title challenge. Balotelli played well in tandem with Daniel Sturridge and was understandably the subject of much discussion. Rodgers was happy to play along with it, happy to play the role of the horse whisperer who had tamed the Italian. He told a story about how he had made him mark at a corner in training. No manager, apparently, had ever made him do that before. None had had the courage to look Balotelli in the eye and tell him to do the basic stuff others would do as a matter of course. He was encouraging but firm, giving the kid a chance but marking out the boundaries. He was Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting.

It brought a lump to the throat and a #@&%!le to the eye, or it would have done if it hadn’t been such obvious nonsense. No one had asked Balotelli to pick up at a corner? Not even, say, Mourinho, who is not exactly noted for letting players duck their share of the defensive responsibility? Or, perhaps, Roberto Mancini? What were all those fights on the training ground about if they weren’t about Mancini trying to get Balotelli to do things he couldn’t be bothered to do?

The problem is often one of tone. Football is indulgent of certain faults but, as Steve McClaren found as England manager, it has little time for those who have read a guide to getting ahead in business and are applying those ideas too blatantly.

It’s surely those manuals that led Rodgers to such excruciating gimmicks as his three envelopes in a drawer, or to the time when he met for the first time a journalist noted for his left-wing beliefs and greeted him, not with his name, as Andrew Carnegie would have advised, but with the word “Comrade”.
Brendan Rodgers running out of time as air of resignation engulfs Anfield

:£#%&!er:

Unread 24-09-2015, 12:47 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
it's still spinning that they are some plucky underdog shopping in Farmfoods whilst everyone else can afford Fortnum & Mason

'He still believes a bright manager can transcend finance.'

Unread 24-09-2015, 12:52 PM
jaffo

"Rodgers, or somebody he had authorised, briefed a couple of journalists on how the scheme had been devised. It was as though Rodgers was already imagining a key scene in the biopic he assumes they will inevitably make of his life. And of course the next day, Manchester United won 2-1 at Anfield, Steven Gerrard was sent off and Liverpool began the slump from which they are yet to escape."

Unread 24-09-2015, 12:55 PM
TheFatGoth

http://www.football365.com/news/satu...hing-about-you

worth a repost

Unread 24-09-2015, 01:03 PM
Switching Off

I see that 2nd place finish is still being talked about as a success, rather than the utter failure it was. 6 clear with 3 to play, need a draw at home to Chelsea, and he plays with three forwards, and gets beat.

He should have won that title.

Unread 24-09-2015, 01:04 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I see that 2nd place finish is still being talked about as a success, rather than the utter failure it was. 6 clear with 3 to play, need a draw at home to Chelsea, and he plays with three forwards, and gets beat.

He should have won that title.
Shuuuuuuush.

Unread 24-09-2015, 01:06 PM
silv

ooh he's come out of hiding again...

my die hard Liverpool mate says he is as good as gone now.

Which is a bit shit really. We'll miss him when he's gone.

Unread 24-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Neo

Some of his best quotes.

Quote:
"I always say a squad is like a good meal. I'm not a great cook, but a good meal takes a wee bit of time. But also, to offer a good meal, you need good ingredients."

There could be a little bit of sense in that if it wasn't offered up to a room full of sports journalists who were all left trying to hide their sniggering.

"I've always worked along with the statistic that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning the game."

"When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them."

"If you spend more than £100 million, you expect to be challenging for the league."

"I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless."

"I use a quote with the players,'Per aspera ad astra', which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’."

"I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes."

"I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings."

"I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope."

"It was a perfect away performance, apart from the first 10 minutes."

"We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper."

"Three months ago I was a tactical genius."

Unread 24-09-2015, 01:25 PM
utd99

Seems the only lesson he really learned from working with Mourinho was the shameless self promotion. Unfortunately he has neither the delivery nor success to back it up that Mourinho had. He's now been found out completely. These articles absolutely flay him.

He'll bullshit some other club into giving him a job though, because chairmen are generally clueless.

Unread 24-09-2015, 01:37 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Some of his best quotes.
"I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope."

well I've disproved that for over 25 years

Unread 24-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Some of his best quotes.
Quote:
"I've always worked along with the statistic that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning the game."
He only said that because Neil from Swindon branch said 78%
Closed Thread