United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Redordead

Default Midfield of Fletcher + Hargreaves + Milner

All fit etc

would be quite a formidable line up domestic and European.

Might not haver the play maker but with our wing backs and Nani and Valencia feeding Rooney would be quite a force.

Thoughts fellow fredsters......( yes prob all %@#$&!s but if it was the case and hargo was fit what do you reckon? )

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:05 PM
neworder

Default Re: Midfield of Fletcher + Hargreaves + Milner

Doesnt Milner play for Aston Villa?

Just saying

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:06 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! milner the square faced lids @#%&!

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:06 PM
safingtons

1. Hargreaves won't be fit.
2. Milner is nothing more than decent, paying £25m for a limited player like him would be a joke.
3. There is no guile, or creativity in that midfield trio.

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:07 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svens robotic nob
I'd prefer Carrick in that midfield than that avearage @#%&! Milner.

NFT text
bang on

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:09 PM
safingtons

Thumbs up Re: Midfield of Fletcher + Hargreaves + Milner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svens robotic nob
I'd prefer Carrick in that midfield than that avearage @#%&! Milner.

NFT text
Carrick's had a disappointing season but if we had to sell ONE player only it would have to be the lazy Bulgarian who has had 2 seasons now at the club and clearly it doesn't work. Carrick's been a very good player for most of his 4 years at United, if Milner is the only option around and our only transfer business would be to actually weaken our midfield further then £#%&! it.

Keep Carrick, sign an attacking midfielder. There's still a very good player in Anderson, he showed some signs of it in his debut season and towards the end of the 08/09 season barring the Rome disaster where everyone were shit.

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:13 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Carrick's had a disappointing season but if we had to sell ONE player only it would have to be the lazy Bulgarian who has had 2 seasons now at the club and clearly it doesn't work. Carrick's been a very good player for most of his 4 years at United, if Milner is the only option around and our only transfer business would be to actually weaken our midfield further then £#%&! it.

Keep Carrick, sign an attacking midfielder. There's still a very good player in Anderson, he showed some signs of it in his debut season and towards the end of the 08/09 season barring the Rome disaster where everyone were shit.
I forgot about Anderson

its not the end of the world after all

He is the same age as me so he most definitely has a lot of growing up left to do

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:13 PM
borsuk

all three too similar. we need to replace scholes and milner, good player as he is, is nothing like that and never will be. milner could replace hargreaves.

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:15 PM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
all three too similar. we need to replace scholes and milner, good player as he is, is nothing like that and never will be. milner could replace hargreaves.
Milner could replace Miller

Miller > Milner.

The next Roy Keane was Liam Miller you know!

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:19 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworder
Milner could replace Miller

Miller > Milner.

The next Roy Keane was Liam Miller you know!

seriously, milner's a good player. not as good as fletcher and does a similar job so i can't see why we'd want him unless we're trying to use two defensive types to provide a platform for a more creative type to operate in a free role.

if we've got money for a midfielder then banega is the man

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Harri Jaffa

Cheeky bid for Iniesta?

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Zorg

Milner's a good player, but really he's just the latest flavour of the month, hence city being after him. File under Lescott, Given and Barry.*

*hopefully someone will bump this at some point as part of a vendetta against me.

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:23 PM
dodger

Milners a nothing player

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:26 PM
armchair

will you be posting a "David Villa: Sign him up Fergie!" tomorrow? Milner's not coming to United.

<-tangobait

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:33 PM
ScarFace

Hargreaves is a shit crock @#%&!

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:33 PM
safingtons

--Fletcher-Anderson-
--------Silva
Valencia-----Nani
-------Rooney

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Switching Off

[SIZE="6"]Wanted: Guile

[SIZE="4"]Will pay up to £10m over 4 years for experienced injury prone guile, or £2m up front for potential guile.

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Switching Off

Erm.. has this been posted?

Quote:
Aston Villa have turned down Manchester City's £20m bid for their England international midfielder James Milner.

"We have received an offer from Manchester City for James Milner and this has been firmly rejected," said a Villa spokesman on Wednesday.

"We plan to sit down with James and his representative after the World Cup to agree a new long-term deal and this remains our position."

Speaking ahead of City's offer, Milner said he was unsure of his Villa future.

"Do I expect to be at Villa next season? I don't know. I've worked as hard as I can and concentrated on club football while the season has been on," the 24-year-old PFA young player of the year said on Monday.

"Now it has finished, I'm focusing on England - and that's the only thing I am focusing on."

Milner also says that the speculation about his future at the club will not affect his focus ahead of the 2010 World Cup.

The versatile midfielder is currently vying for a place in England manager Fabio Capello's final 23-man squad for South Africa.

606: DEBATE
Milner reminds me of Tevez in midfield - works hard, never gives up, great attitude. Just the type of player we need

Ananee
"The speculation about my own future is not distracting. There are always going to be rumours about every player in every club when the transfer window opens," added Milner on Monday.

"To be linked with any clubs is flattering but I'm just concentrating on England at this time.

"The season finished at Villa a week and a bit ago and we all said we would discuss it (my future) after the World Cup.

"I've enjoyed my time at Aston Villa, it's a good club, we've had a lot of success this season, came close in two competitions, and we are moving forward."

Leeds-born Milner, who joined Villa from Newcastle for £12m in 2008, is halfway through a four-year deal. He is currently with Capello's initial 30-man squad at their training camp near Salzburg, Austria.

Villa owner Randy Lerner said last week the club will do "everything" in their power to ensure Milner stays.

Chelsea and Manchester United have also been linked with Milner, though United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has talked of this summer's transfer market as being "very difficult".

Villa have secured Europa League football for next season having finished sixth in the Premier League and will not want to lose another influential midfielder to City following the departure of Gareth Barry to Eastlands for £12m last season.

Ironically, Barry is fighting to be fit for the World Cup, having suffered an ankle injury against Tottenham two weeks ago, with Milner in line to take his place in the side.

However, despite initial fears that he could be out of the tournament in South Africa, 29-year-old Barry is confident he can still win his fitness battle.

"The treatment on my ankle has been going well - I've been having regular sessions with the medical staff at Carrington, and they are pleased with how things are going," said Barry.

"It's too early to assess just yet as to whether I'll make it, I'll just have to keep having the treatment and see how things go over the next week or so. But I'm feeling positive still and the medical staff are being brilliant - they are doing everything they can to help me."

City, funded by the deep pockets of Abu Dhabi-based owner Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, are close to signing Germany international defender Jerome Boateng from Hamburg for £11m.

More signings are expected as City push for a coveted Champions League spot, having just missed out to Tottenham this season.

Milner has been in a rich vein of form, helping Villa finish sixth and reach Wembley twice for the Carling Cup final and FA Cup semi-finals, since O'Neill switched him from wide midfield to a more central position.

He has also become a regular in the England squad under Capello, and is widely tipped to be part of the final squad for the World Cup, which starts on 11 June.

Earlier this year, Capello described Milner as England's "most-improved" player, adding: "James Milner is a fantastic player. He is intelligent on the pitch. He passes the ball well. He creates goals and scores himself.

"He is a lot like Frank Lampard - younger, but with great energy."

But despite Capello's praise, Milner is determined not to rest on his laurels.

"It is nice to hear praise from any manager but it is then down to you to prove that is correct and drive on again and try and improve again," said Milner.

"You can't stand still especially with the competition that is about. You just want to become the best player possible and do as well as you can every time you train or play a game.

"Have I improved? You would like to think you've improved every season and I am lucky enough to be working at a good club with a great manager and staff and some very good players.

"There are some very good players here with England and, if you can't learn anything from playing with those sort of players, you are going to struggle.

"I'll just keep playing as well as I can and hopefully force my way into the 23."

Unread 20-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
All fit etc

would be quite a formidable line up domestic and European.

Might not haver the play maker but with our wing backs and Nani and Valencia feeding Rooney would be quite a force.

Thoughts fellow fredsters......( yes prob all %@#$&!s but if it was the case and hargo was fit what do you reckon? )

Unread 20-05-2010, 05:00 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
liverpool will never let him go
Closed Thread