United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thumbs up Rafa makes a fool out of himself

Don't know if this has been posted already.

Quote:
The Trampling Fiscal Behemoths
The age-old complaint from anyone not in the fiscal elite is that they cannot compete with their wealthier opponents. The moneybags likes of Chelsea and Manchester United have their Italian-loafered feet on the scraggy throats of the rest, and they are lucky simply to get the scraps cast aside from the big table.

It's a useful tactic for some managers to employ. To foster an 'us against them' attitude and to dampen expectations, and it's a tactic that Rafa Benitez has down to a tee.

Rafa said yesterday: "Every year, United collect £60million more than us - and that means they can buy three £20m players each season. Chelsea will have spent £500m over the last five years.

"We've made a team that can compete with them but economically we're inferiors and can't afford the players they can.

"I have enough data to bore you with it. But if you look at United, it wasn't just spending £32m on Dimitar Berbatov - they can spend whatever it takes for what they need every year. Last year it was £17m on Owen Hargreaves, £18m on Nani and £20m on Anderson. Seven years ago they paid £30m for Rio Ferdinand.

"In my five years, I've paid less in transfer fees than I've received, even though I spent £40m on Fernando Torres and Robbie Keane. It's as simple as that."

Simple eh? Rafa has spent less than he's received. Let's just check that.

According to the excellent and thorough TransferLeague.co.uk, since Benitez took charge of Liverpool in 2004, he has spent an impressive £215,490,000 on players, receiving £98,030,000. Our rudimentary maths tells us that amounts to a net spend of the not inconsiderable sum of £117,460,000.

If one is to be fair - and we are nothing if not fair - one should knock off the £14million paid for Djibril Cisse in 2004, as that was Gerard Houllier's deal, but even then Rafa's net spend tots up to £103,460,000.

By way of comparison, those big money bullies Chelsea have a net spend of £131,150,000 in that time, while Manchester United - the trampling behemoths cited by Rafa - have splashed £93,300,000.

Simples.
http://www.football365.com/mediawatc...934727,00.html

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:36 PM
wiganste

He's a tedious @#%&!. I don't think any other manager bores me as much as this @#%&!.

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Crumps

I hope to god he's City's next manager. They're made for each other.

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Just been reading rawk after that and £#%&!inell, they are seriously suggesting that SAF thinks Rafa is the next SAF.

What the £#%&! is wrong with these @#%&!s.

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Just been reading rawk after that and £#%&!inell, they are seriously suggesting that SAF thinks Rafa is the next SAF.

What the £#%&! is wrong with these @#%&!s.
Some form of Weil's disease?

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:43 PM
carlosartorial

I read the story this morning thinking 'hang on, I'm sure that daft @#%&! has spent more than us'. Typically, the divs concentrating on reporting his comments verbatim in the mirror failed to spot this....

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:44 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Eh?

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:47 PM
ScarFace

Anybody posted this on red n white child killers?

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Eh?
They think SAF is afraid Benitez will go on and have a similar impact at the shitheads that SAF has at United.

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:52 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
They think SAF is afraid Benitez will go on and have a similar impact at the shitheads that SAF has at United.
Right. £#%&! me, that's quite impressive deluded thinking even by their standards.

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:53 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

great find Fuzzy. you've made my Utdforum day again.

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Sloppy

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Anybody posted this on red n white child killers?
Wouldn't it just get removed?

Unread 17-02-2009, 02:59 PM
antonin jablonsky

He's lost his £#%&!ing mind.

Unread 17-02-2009, 03:10 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Wouldn't it just get removed?
Not if you make a name like " hillsboroughWasHorrible " or something n post it in an already Rafa made thread.

I've registerd but i've gotta wait to be atcepted ffs

Unread 17-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Not if you make a name like " hillsboroughWasHorrible " or something n post it in an already Rafa made thread.

I've registerd but i've gotta wait to be atcepted ffs

Let us know when it is posted then

Unread 17-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Jez Quigley

Default He's

using Essien's comedy calculator

Crumps - imagine a Rafa/Kenyon Dream Team leading those bitter, bitter bastards

I know it's old but I never get bored of this

Unread 17-02-2009, 04:30 PM
gigo

You get what you deserve in this life and by the £#%&!,that Fat moaning @#%&! Benitez and the dippers deserve each other,self pitying @#%&!s to a man(ager).

Unread 17-02-2009, 06:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

I wish Eric was still at OT he would headbutt the @#%&! on March 14

I just hope our fans spend 90 minutes abusing the deluded @#%&! as he will have nowhere to hide pretty much like Wenger when we smashed them 6-1 ever since then he kept his mouth pretty much shut about UNited

cannot wait until the Vermin darken our door

Unread 17-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Tronics

dont know why he's soo bothered about us.

seems like he's on a one man mission to uncover the conspiracy behind our success.

sorta like Jack Bauer on 24. lol.
Closed Thread