United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:05 AM
n48

Default Yeah they're just football fans having fun

What a carnival of football eh ScholesScoresGoals?

Scottish football fans arent all great. Even their national support isnt all it;s cracked up to be.

Tartan Army my arse.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

Don't think he's said that has he? Obviously some of them were @#%&!s, a Zenit fan got stabbed for a start. Just think he's trying to put it into perspective given how many were here.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:34 AM
My Name is Keith

It appears that many on here have never been away with United in their lives.

At every Euro away I've been to bar Barca & Rotterdam, I've seen baton charges by the police against United fans.

We also used to and no doubt still have a very active hooligan contigent. In fact, United were the club that created football hooliganism in the early 70's.

So let he without sin cast the first stone.

Whilst Rangers (and Celtic) fans repulse me for all sorts of reasons - the damage isn't that bad considering the numbers.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:37 AM
dodger

They should be floated out to sea on a burning boat.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:39 AM
beersexchipsgravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
They should be floated out to sea on a burning boat.
Thought you said they should be gunned down? ffs make your mind up!

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
It appears that many on here have never been away with United in their lives.

At every Euro away I've been to bar Barca & Rotterdam, I've seen baton charges by the police against United fans.

We also used to and no doubt still have a very active hooligan contigent. In fact, United were the club that created football hooliganism in the early 70's.

So let he without sin cast the first stone.

Whilst Rangers (and Celtic) fans repulse me for all sorts of reasons - the damage isn't that bad considering the numbers.
Yeah clashes with the police are to be expected, that is not the issue here. Rowdy behaviour and pissing in the street is one thing, threatening local people and singing sectarian shite is another. I do not doubt for one minute that some of the Rangers fans were in good spirits and enjoyed themselves. Some of the others however use their club as tool to stage a Unionist rally. It's £#%&!ing tiresome to be honest. I just can't be arsed with hearing about the @#%&!s anymore. The damage and litter cannot be helped, it is just part and parcel of having a massive number of pissed up people in one place.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Sparky***

Well what i've just seen on SSN was not exactly what you'd call a 'minor disturbance'. About 3,000 rangers fans chasing 10 coppers down the street. One of the cops gets kicked to the floor and then beaten by about 30 of them.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Were there really 100,000?
I had assumed that was horseshite.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Dunno, I lost count.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
125,000 apparently Fuzz

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:00 PM
Ether

Quote:
In the press conference this morning, the GMP and Council people were saying by their estimates it was closer to 150k. Presumably includes the Russians as well though.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Dunno, I lost count.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
Well what i've just seen on SSN was not exactly what you'd call a 'minor disturbance'. About 3,000 rangers fans chasing 10 coppers down the street. One of the cops gets kicked to the floor and then beaten by about 30 of them.
Just seen it. Delightful people.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:05 PM
The Mull

If I was a copper, I'd be really peed off this morning........................

"Le coppers" abroad get water cannons to deal with foofball supporters,

even if you've do nowt wrong, you get a bloody good soaking and kicking

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:09 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Some of the others however use their club as tool to stage a Unionist rally. It's £#%&!ing tiresome to be honest. .
Agree with you entirely. I can't stand either Rangers or Celtic for their very confused mix of religion, politics and football.

I winced when Ether posted a photo of one of them putting up the red hand flag. They really are £#%&!ing tools.

But, in the context of the amount of them - their behaviour (politics aside) to me seemed to replicate football fans generally.

Edit - didn't know about the 3,000 on 30 police thing. I'll reserve further judgement.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:09 PM
HarkNowHear

Default they have previous

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Was that St Andrews on Sunday?

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:12 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Was that St Andrews on Sunday?
no, Wembley 1977

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:19 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
In fact, United were the club that created football hooliganism in the early 70's.
I think rangers and celtic in the 1890's and millwall in the 1920/30's just beat us to it

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
no, Wembley 1977
I know.
Closed Thread