United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2008, 03:29 PM
n48

Default Andy Gray's interesting slant on the final day

He's raised a point re how Wigan might want to raise their game on Sunday. This is really revolutionary stuff. i hope the wigan players are aware of this.

http://www.football365.co.uk/andy_gr...537889,00.html

Unread 08-05-2008, 03:36 PM
m14red

I heard a rumour the United players might raise their performance... apparently something at stake

Unread 08-05-2008, 03:44 PM
El Calafate

it's all getting very silly. Wigan should play the game of their lives, but Bolton should just fold?

Andy Gray used to be alright but he's just turning into a stupid @#%&!.

Bolton will be 2 down in half an hour.

nailed on.

nft.

Unread 08-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Torquemada

It's just the nature of journalism these days - getting a rise out of people, talking up games unnecessarily, provoking a reaction. This is largely as a result of the people who write the articles not being journalists, and having words put into their mouths by circulation-hungry editors - people who used to be able to express an objective opinion, but who are now driven by circulation wars and corporate bullshit. It's self-serving, obvious, and vile. Talkshite is the epitome of it - the positioning changes day-on-day, week-on-week. Mike Parry is the worst example of it - a man who wouldn't know his own address from day-to-day, his 'opinion' changes so much. £#%&!ers the lot of them!

Unread 08-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Nero

Quote:
but they are going to a really tough place where there will be a massive crowd
Yeah, but it's going to be mostly United you £#%&!ing nob. I'm really starting to £#%&!ing loathe Andy Gray, thinks his opinion is worth more than anyone elses in football.

Unread 08-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Ether

Unread 08-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
Yeah, but it's going to be mostly United you £#%&!ing nob. I'm really starting to £#%&!ing loathe Andy Gray, thinks his opinion is worth more than anyone elses in football.
Yes he is a tiresome fool. I especially hate the way that he always takes the player's side whenever there is even a hint of controversy - it's almost as if he thinks he is the voice of the players. He is an abu jock @#%&!.

Unread 08-05-2008, 04:20 PM
poppy

Got binned off by Everton after being caught stealing from a fellow club employee.

Not a lot of people know that.

Unread 08-05-2008, 04:29 PM
armchair

The guy sickens me trying to be patronising by making really obvious points after the fact. Like when a team scores soon after conceding he'll point out teams are often vulnerable after scoring a goal then ask Richard how many times have we seen that? As if that makes him somehow wise.

£#%&! off Andy

Unread 08-05-2008, 04:40 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
it's all getting very silly. Wigan should play the game of their lives, but Bolton should just fold?

Andy Gray used to be alright but he's just turning into a stupid @#%&!.

Bolton will be 2 down in half an hour.

nailed on.

nft.
Maybe for the first and very last time, I agree with you.

Unread 08-05-2008, 04:44 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Sky's coverage of the title race has been woeful to say the least.

Everybody thinks that Chelsea have already won there game in hand, it's against the likes of Bolton they have dropped points (Fulham and Wigan at home)

Our game will be tough but the coverage we've been given has been a joke.

Can't wait for Sunday tho

Unread 08-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Billy Baroo

i loved it, i tell ya, i loved it when allardyce put him in his place

Unread 08-05-2008, 04:46 PM
redrose

Default £#%&! me!

I've witnessed his ABU drivel in commentary, but blamed myself for Red colured specs and paranoia, but to see it in writing...frankly, I feel quite sick.

We have just GOT to do this to ram this kind of bias up their ABU/pro-rent boy arses!!!

Unread 08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
SilverSurfer

The media coverage has gone so blatantly ABU in the last few days, I've actually decided to stop reading it in the run up to the weekend.

I can read Fergie's comments from his press conference on newswires and leave it at that. Let the game on Sunday end all this bullshit.

365 has gone even more ABU than usual but shouldn't be a surprise given its owned by Sky.

Unread 08-05-2008, 05:25 PM
Darth Vidic

Everything about his commentary on our games is from an anti-us point of view, for chelsea its from their point of view.

Usually he berates officials for getting decisions wrong, when Ronaldo was wrongly called back for offside when through on goal against Chelsea, he defended the linesman because Ronaldo was quick so there was lots of open space.

Was it me or was there no reaction at all when Ronaldo cut in from the touchline and went on to score our opener last week?

Just like the mute reaction when he ran from his own half to score a vital winner at the death in the run in away from home against Fulham last season?

Just like the mute reaction when Rooney put us 3-2 up away against Everton after coming from two goals down?

Unread 08-05-2008, 05:39 PM
wonky no

chelsea will draw against bolton

Unread 08-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
Surely there should be an NFT at the end of that?

Unread 08-05-2008, 05:47 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
Surely there should be an NFT at the end of that?
i'll leave that kind of forum speak to the cool kids.

i reckon bolton have done use more favours than harm in the past few seasons. mostly against arse but the fact that reading are playing derby (i know) and bolton still have a slight chance of going down on GD, i wouldn't be suprised if they got a point.

united 3-1
chelsea 0-0
double

Unread 08-05-2008, 05:51 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
No chance!

Chelsea will be 2 up after 15 minutes.

All this pressure the Press are putting on Wigan is predictably pathetic.

They keep going on & on about this re-layed pitch & how 'unfair' it is that Chelsea & Arsenal played on the old pitch...well, perhaps if they tilted their ABU cameras up a bit they'll see the stands during those Chelsea & Arsenal games & will see blocks & blocks of empty £#%&!ing seats.

It must be somewhat easier to play an away game if the home crowd aren't arsed enough about you to even bother turning up.
United on the other hand have to take part in everyones £#%&!ing Cup Final.

The press will be superimposing Wigan shirts on the victims of that Burma cyclone & putting it on the front page....BEAT MAN UNITED FOR ALL THE WIGAN MAD VICTIMS OF THIS TRAGEDY etc..

It's funny how SkySportsNews/the newspapers aren't questioning Bolton's attitude to Sundays game isn't it?

Unread 08-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

What you're all forgetting to mention is that Sky already have United fans in their millions around the world, and they are guaranteed their biggest audiences almost everytime United are on - for which MUFC get paid cash that they could not afford to do without, and not least in terms of prize money.

Generally speaking, the media know full well that they can be as anti-United as they want (for the benefit of neutral/ABU sponges everywhere) because United fans in the main are stupid enough to keep going back - with their wallets open - for more and more and more again.
Closed Thread