United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2009, 10:11 AM
dodger

I think Barca will £#%&!ing destroy Chelsea. And I suspect they will beat whoever they meet in the final too...there's always an element of lottery about a one off game though

Unread 23-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I think Barca will £#%&!ing destroy Chelsea. And I suspect they will beat whoever they meet in the final too...there's always an element of lottery about a one off game though
should we get htere and it be barca, we would be the underdogs and i really think that would suit us.

Unread 23-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
should we get htere and it be barca, we would be the underdogs and i really think that would suit us.
If we get to the final, I think we'll retain.

We've got a pretty tidy track record in that stadium and our players should be more than used to it now.

Unread 23-04-2009, 10:39 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Are they really that good? I only ask as i'm bit tired of the media fest about them at the moment. I think Chelsea will beat them for what it's worth. What's the best way to beat them? Attack them hard or shut up shop?

Chelsea might even steamroll them unless they're heavily protected by the referee (which is a possibility).

Unread 23-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Sparky***

Barcelona aren't all that. It's just the front 3 you've got to worry about. And the midfield. And the full backs.

Unread 23-04-2009, 02:19 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Barcelona aren't all that. It's just the front 3 you've got to worry about. And the midfield. And the full backs.
so just the keeper and centre halves to ignore then

reeto

Unread 23-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 23-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Luffy

I actually think Liverpool would whoop Barca the way they're playing. We would probably get dominated like we did last year, having to scrape through.

Liverpool are pummelling teams with pace and power and thats how to beat Barca really. I don't think they have the players to cope with that. Chelsea would have to turn it on, they're not doing it at will the way Liverpool are and we certainly haven't done it for awhile.

Utd's slower, more cultured game suits Barca down to a tee imo. Comparing the pace of the game last night vs the past few Liverpool games, astonishing difference in speed of play.

I do think the opposition makes Barca look better than they are though. Depsite destroying Bayern, I think English opposition, playing them week in week out would not let them play so well. If they destroy Chelsea its because the rentboys get caught up in the occasion and lose their heads.

Unread 23-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
I actually think Liverpool would whoop Barca the way they're playing. We would probably get dominated like we did last year, having to scrape through.

Liverpool are pummelling teams with pace and power and thats how to beat Barca really. I don't think they have the players to cope with that. Chelsea would have to turn it on, they're not doing it at will the way Liverpool are and we certainly haven't done it for awhile.

Utd's slower, more cultured game suits Barca down to a tee imo. Comparing the pace of the game last night vs the past few Liverpool games, astonishing difference in speed of play.

I do think the opposition makes Barca look better than they are though. Depsite destroying Bayern, I think English opposition, playing them week in week out would not let them play so well. If they destroy Chelsea its because the rentboys get caught up in the occasion and lose their heads.
scouse have conceded plenty in their past few games and drawn against sides really going for it

we'll never know though as the @#%&!s are out

Unread 23-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Zorg

I think Barca will see Chelsea off but I don't think they'll 'destroy' them at all.

Unread 23-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Sparky***

I think we'll all see how good Barca are when they've cruised to the title in Spain and then set about winning the European Cup.

Unread 23-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
scouse have conceded plenty in their past few games and drawn against sides really going for it

we'll never know though as the @#%&!s are out
yeah but the teams they conceded to were Chelsea and Arsenal who put in stupendous efforts to do so.

It would require some of the barca-boys to show similar character which I'm not sure they have.

I can see Barca destroying Chelsea 3-0, but I can also see Chelsea turning it on and beating Barca 3-0. thats how football is sometimes.

One thing I will say about Messi et al, when he does something I always think "wtf, that wasn't that special, I probably could have prevented that" whereas when someone like Ronaldo or Ronaldinho in his prime did something it was more a case of "£#%&! me he's unplayable"

of course thats just a load of nonsense. probably.

Unread 23-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
yeah but the teams they conceded to were Chelsea and Arsenal who put in stupendous efforts to do so.

It would require some of the barca-boys to show similar character which I'm not sure they have.

I can see Barca destroying Chelsea 3-0, but I can also see Chelsea turning it on and beating Barca 3-0. thats how football is sometimes.

One thing I will say about Messi et al, when he does something I always think "wtf, that wasn't that special, I probably could have prevented that" whereas when someone like Ronaldo or Ronaldinho in his prime did something it was more a case of "£#%&! me he's unplayable"

of course thats just a load of nonsense. probably.
so either team could win and thats football? thanks for that insight

the point about messi is indeed nonsense

messi is arguably most unplayable player in the world at the moment and his dribbling skills, balance, passing and goalscoring all come drenched with class

Unread 23-04-2009, 03:21 PM
dodger

Quote:
messi is arguably most unplayable player in the world at the moment and his dribbling skills, balance, passing and goalscoring all come drenched with class
They are sodden with it.

Unread 23-04-2009, 03:23 PM
armchair

I want them in the final but I want chelsea to have dished out plenty of punishment over two legs (especially his left)

Unread 23-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Ether

Quote:

£#%&! me, the Liverpool dickriding on here is getting ridiculous.

Newsflash - they've won 1 of their last 4 games. Incredible stuff.

Unread 23-04-2009, 03:30 PM
marlo

Quote:

what if you mark his left shoulder?

Unread 23-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
£#%&! me, the Liverpool dickriding on here is getting ridiculous.

Newsflash - they've one 1 of their last 4 games. Incredible stuff.
Conceding 11 goals in the process.

This 4um would be in meltdown if we had done similar.

Unread 23-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

I would fancy United to beat Barcelona all day long tbh

They are a terrific team no doubt, but they wouldn't be as expansive against us as last season's games demonstrated. We could quite easily have won both legs from 2-0 up at half-time in each.

Pique is decent, but lets be honest, Rooney, Berbatov and Ronaldo practice against better defenders than him and Puyol every day. If Alves goes bombing off up field it should play right into our hands.

So in summary, I'm not scared of them.
Closed Thread