United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:12 PM
n48

Default Barca - how good?

Are they really that good? I only ask as i'm bit tired of the media fest about them at the moment. I think Chelsea will beat them for what it's worth. What's the best way to beat them? Attack them hard or shut up shop?

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:14 PM
denis lawless

Attack the shit out of them...play the game in their half and dont let them anywhere near your last third

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Coracao

Will be a very interesting tie that one. I think Chelsea are definitely capable of getting the job done, but they'll have to improve on their recent defensive displays.

Chelsea have players hitting form at the right time in Essien, Drogba and Lampard. I can Drogba being an absolute handful for their centre halves. Robo Cech will need to get his act together tho.

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Whalefish

Drink red bull and get some wings.

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:23 PM
armchair

Cole is out. Chelsea are £#%&!ed.

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:33 PM
History

Barca could send out a huge message against chelsea. Imagine if they beat them 3 or 4 -0 that would answer some of those doubters. tbh i could see that happening.

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:33 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Cole is out. Chelsea are £#%&!ed.
they might be better off with a right footed left back to stop messi cutting in ...... could actually work in their favour

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:35 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
they might be better off with a right footed left back to stop messi cutting in ...... could actually work in their favour
Eh?? How does that work? Can you not turn right if you're left footed:?

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:35 PM
armchair

Quote:
I hope barca win. I'd prefer them in the final.

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:37 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Eh?? How does that work? Can you not turn right if you're left footed:?
messi is more one footed than giggs......he can barely stand up on his shit leg

Quote:
me too...it doesnt seem "european" playing an english team...didnt like it last season

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Coracao

When was the last time the same clubs reached the final 2 years on the trot, has it ever happened?

I can't be £#%&!ed checking myself.

HTH.

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:40 PM
History

Quote:

Yes but how does that get affected by the left backs prefered foot?

The best way is to stick two men on him and cut off the inside (ala 99% of teams on Ronaldo)

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:41 PM
dinger

I think Barca are brilliant at the minute but if one team can spoil and stop them its Chelsea, they have the midfielders to cancel out thiers.

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Pop

Chelsea will go through.

Unread 22-04-2009, 11:49 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Yes but how does that get affected by the left backs prefered foot?

The best way is to stick two men on him and cut off the inside (ala 99% of teams on Ronaldo)
because if a left footer attacks you (a right footer) on their stronger side, youre defending against him with your stronger side as well.....rather than your weaker side

Unread 23-04-2009, 12:25 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
he should eat more fibre

Unread 23-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Camel

Quote:
yep. been saying the same for months. the only other english team i'd liked us to play in the final was the skaus.

this 4 teams qualifying is %@#$&!s. give me malmo over another english club. sepp supposedly wants to level the playing field, it could happen

Unread 23-04-2009, 04:56 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
When was the last time the same clubs reached the final 2 years on the trot, has it ever happened?

I can't be £#%&!ed checking myself.

HTH.
It has never happened.

Unread 23-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Stickman

Thumbs down

were we to get there...Id much rather play Barca. Its far more exciting playng the foreign giants in Europe and we wouldnt have to listen to Roy Hodgson being interviewed pitchside by James Richardson talking about Fulhams great escape pre match either

But, some things in football are just absolute sure things. And I fully expect Chelsea to knock them out.

Unread 23-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
yep. been saying the same for months. the only other english team i'd liked us to play in the final was the skaus.

this 4 teams qualifying is %@#$&!s. give me malmo over another english club. sepp supposedly wants to level the playing field, it could happen
I think things are slightly changed next year in that the top 3 in the Prem go directly to the draw (no play-off for the 3rd placed team) but the 4th placed team will have to play a good team (French or Portuguese or something) rather than the Cypriot champions as they do now.
Closed Thread