United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-07-2010, 12:43 AM
RedMenace

Default Re: silly season transfer %@#$&!s thread

Sounds like there could be one more in the works which would mean leaving out Hargreaves most likely.

Unread 27-07-2010, 01:23 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

City have 33 senior Players on their books, before ballotelli and milner, and whoever else they bring in. Could potentially have about 10/11 players unable to play, and were talking probably -

Wright Phillips
Ireland
Santa cruz
Bellamy
Bridge
De Jong?

Unread 27-07-2010, 01:47 AM
RedMenace

Depends how many are under 21 but you'd imagine there'll be 5 or 6 sold anyway.

Unread 27-07-2010, 03:34 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Depends how many are under 21 but you'd imagine there'll be 5 or 6 sold anyway.
33 is the number after you leave out youngsters

totally they have 38 listed out of which 5 are only under 21.

someone of the mid table clubs in the premier league will get a bargain. Villa could get Ireland and 15-20m for milner. I personally don't think milner is any better than Ireland. He is only hyped up since he is english.

Unread 27-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
33 is the number after you leave out youngsters

totally they have 38 totally listed out of which 5 are only under 21.

someone of the mid table clubs in the premier league will get a bargain. Villa could get Ireland and 15-20m for milner. I personally don't think milner is any better than Ireland. He is only hyped up since he is english.
FFs Ireland is a far better player than James Milner imo

Unread 27-07-2010, 05:27 AM
rafabio

If O'neill has any clue he should ask for ireland, bellamy, cruz and 5-10m for milner. City need to get rid of all those 3 and villa desperately need attacking players.

Unread 27-07-2010, 05:30 AM
rafabio

looking at fergie's interview, I personally think he has given up on Hargreaves.

Unread 27-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Sandman

I read the other day that O'Neil is interested in Flamini. I'd rather have Flamini more than Milner given the choice.

Unread 27-07-2010, 06:58 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I read the other day that O'Neil is interested in Flamini. I'd rather have Flamini more than Milner given the choice.
I don't think milan will let go of flamini now that gattuso is moving on.

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:15 AM
rebelcountyred

we're set to make an offer for defour according to the soaraway sun
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...#mySunComments

I've not seen him play but £#%&! me do we really need to bring in another player just recovering from injury? any 13m would possibly buy you Oziel, now that would be more like it.

Oh and according to another paper balotelli turned down an offer of more money from us to play for citee, yeah that would be right

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:25 AM
rafabio

Defour it is claimed can be played as a defensive or attacking midfielder by the media. May be that is why he is preferred? Although Ozil looks great, his role is pretty much well defined and also would he perform on a cold wet night at stoke?

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:29 AM
THEOS

Quote:
Defour it is claimed can be played as a defensive or attacking midfielder by the media. May be that is why he is preferred? Although Ozil looks great, his role is pretty much well defined and also would he perform on a cold wet night at stoke?
Do you have any evidence that he hasn't performed on a cold wet night in Germany?

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Who in the media says he can play as a "defensive midfielder"?

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:32 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Ozil plays in the bundesliga, i reckon it gets a bit parky in the winter in germany too, if it is true that he can be bought at around 13m then he's no risk, it's an absolute bargain, we need someone like him, imo he'd make all the difference between a good season and a great one.

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:32 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEOS
Do you have any evidence that he hasn't performed on a cold wet night in Germany?
it was only a sarcastic comment my dear

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:33 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Who in the media says he can play as a "defensive midfielder"?
For a start, take Wikipedia

Steven Defour (born 15 April 1988 in Mechelen) is a Belgian footballer who plays for Standard Liege In Belgium. He is capable of playing as an attacking midfielder, centre midfielder and defensive midfielder. His main attributes are his stamina, passing, vision and technical ability.

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
For a start, take Wikipedia

Steven Defour (born 15 April 1988 in Mechelen) is a Belgian footballer who plays for Standard Liege In Belgium. He is capable of playing as an attacking midfielder, centre midfielder and defensive midfielder. His main attributes are his stamina, passing, vision and technical ability.
Superb.

Unread 27-07-2010, 08:42 AM
razzle

possibly the wrong thread for this but

Quote:
Balotelli could be the signing of the summer in my estimation, a signing whom will give us over 20 goals a season guaranteed
someone called BlueMoon something or other on 606

Unread 27-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Redhod99

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Anderson woulda fit into the u21 thing last season but not now I think.

If Hargreaves doesnt get picked then that's a place avaliable.

edit;

as i suspected

http://www.redforcerising.net/2010/0...-have-to-sell/
Is that right? 8 players have to be homegrown and u21 now? If so City are well and truly £#%&!ed. Could be an interesting deadline day this year as teams try and flog their players.

Unread 27-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle
possibly the wrong thread for this but

someone called BlueMoon something or other on 606
Sadly, he's probably right. Ballotelli has the potential to be playing at or close to Ronaldo/Messi level and for £20m or whatever they're paying its an absolute bargain. all he needs is a manager who can help him grow up a bit and mature. Fergie probably could've done that. Noramlly i'd say Mancini hasn't got a chance but they've got history together so who knows.

Fantastic player, gutted we appear to have missed out.
Closed Thread