United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2010, 11:52 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Re: silly season transfer %@#$&!s thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Real Madrid aren't going to sell us their top scorer ffs. That's what we do.
He's not "Madrid quality" according to there higher ups.

Plus contract issues, so they might be forced into selling to highest bidder or a club he wants to join.

Can't see it being us, he'll either re-sign with them or join highest bidder like Robinho was forced to.

Unread 04-05-2010, 11:57 AM
dunk

We have 7 strikers on the books, or thereabouts, with another 2 or 3 about to come through the ranks. Even if we ditch Berbs, which we won't, I can't see us bringing another striker in.

I'd love Higuain at OT tbh.

He's an Argie though, I'd imagine that counts against him, Aguero too.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:03 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We have 7 strikers on the books, or thereabouts, with another 2 or 3 about to come through the ranks. Even if we ditch Berbs, which we won't, I can't see us bringing another striker in.

I'd love Higuain at OT tbh.

He's an Argie though, I'd imagine that counts against him, Aguero too.
I'd be very suprised if Fergie does not invest in a natural goalscorer this summer, while we have alot of strikers on the books the fact is other than Rooney we dont have another 20 goal striker in us which has cost us this season.

The lack of confidence in others to play up top and score the goals has meant we have played a 70% Rooney in some games when we desperately need another striker who can lead the line.

Hernandez/Kiko will be given chances next year but i expect them to be bit part players.

Berba will play off Rooney/Another Striker, and Owen will hopefully £#%&! off.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:10 PM
dunk

Owen is your natural goalscorer.

If he had been fit, we'd have won the lot.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:12 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Owen is your natural goalscorer.

If he had been fit, we'd have won the lot.

Log out.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Log out.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Not seen it mentioned it anywhere but:

One of Ferguson's summer targets could be Real Madrid's Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05...trike-partner/

I'd love that to be true, but I cant see us getting another striker.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Harry Harris claiming Di Maria for forty million and David Luiz for 35million.

To City.

Benfica could buy an entire £#%&!ing squad with that cash.

Still, if true, the Div @#%&!s will be making two excellent signings. Luiz in particular.

Div @#%&!s.
Di Maria is going to Real Madrid isn't he? Or maybe they'll go for Silva instead.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:23 PM
borsuk

i can see one of the two (benzema and higuain) leaving, there just isn't the playing time there for them both. of the two, benzema would suit us better imo - has the game for the english league (much more than for la liga imo) and can play up top, dropping off or on the left of a three, which would appeal to fergie. he's also less likely to be that keen to stay in madrid than higuain, who has been there for three years and has just finished top scorer.

i'd be surprised if either came to united, though, with city likely to be in the market for a new striker (tevez moaning, santa cruz shite) and likely to be wanting a big name as well i'd say eastlands is a much more likely destination.

Unread 04-05-2010, 12:27 PM
Liu Jian

Shame because either would be quality for us and both are only 22, but we are more likely to rely on Diouf and Hernandez.

Unread 04-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Liu Jian

Actually he can piss off (though he would say this):

Quote:
Karim Benzema insists he has no regrets over snubbing Manchester United for Real Madrid and says he wants to prove himself at the Bernabeu.

Benzema joined Madrid from Lyon last summer as one of the new Galacticos, but he has struggled to make an impact and fallen down the pecking order.

United were known to be interested last summer and recent reports have suggested Sir Alex Ferguson could look to bring him to the club once more next month, but Benzema says he is confident he will succeed in Madrid.

"I can't see my first season at Real as a failure," he told L'Equipe. "Of course, I would have preferred it to go more smoothly, but I played and, when you see a man like Raul on the bench, you learn a lot.

"I didn't come for one season. I signed for six years and everyone at the club trusts me.

"Do I regret not signing for Manchester United? No. I dreamt about Real, that's all. It was a first season to learn. I didn't know what a season abroad was. Now I know and, next term, from the very first day, I will be at my very best. I don't want to leave.

"I don't think the club wants to see me leave. I want to make a name for myself.

Unread 04-05-2010, 05:09 PM
MUFC One Love

Higuain would be a brilliant signing. Can't see it happening though. Looked like he was gonna be sold cheap last year, didn't it? Now they'll get £25m+ for him if they sell him.

Unread 04-05-2010, 09:04 PM
shadowplay

Reports in South America are saying Di Maria has signed for Ma....

drid.

Unread 04-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Whalefish

Jonny Evans has agreed a new 5 year deal according to Oliver Kay's twits. Good times.

Unread 05-05-2010, 01:36 AM
shadowplay

Tomorrow's mail linking Chelsea with a £70m bid for Torres.

Unread 05-05-2010, 02:06 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Tomorrow's mail linking Chelsea with a £70m bid for Torres.
Also going with the headline 'FERGIE VOWS TO BUY TWO PLAYERS IN THE SUMMER' from this quote -

Ferguson said: 'When you are challenging for four trophies it can have a draining effect. You have to be aware of that and spot the moment when it is time to freshen up one or two players. The demands and pressures on players can be exacting.'

I can see how they've got a promise to buy two new players from 'time to freshen up one or two players'.

Unread 05-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Whalefish

Two new midfielders please.

Unread 05-05-2010, 07:47 AM
THEOS

Krasic linked

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05...p-krasic-bid/?

Another one dubbed as a replacement for the ginger prince

Unread 05-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Two new midfielders please.
Any in particular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEOS
Krasic linked

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/05...p-krasic-bid/?

Another one dubbed as a replacement for the ginger prince
Krasic is a winger.

Unread 05-05-2010, 07:58 AM
THEOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Any in particular?

Krasic is a winger.
We all know he's a winger, but the article states he's a replacement for Scholesy......hence the title 'silly season transfer %@#$&!s thread'
Closed Thread