United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Chelsea - The Official FA Cup Final Thread.

Yup, last oficial team thread of the season folks. Got my crickeeting commitments to keep me busy ove the summer though so that's ok. Anyway, there's only really a couple of bones of contention here but I'm going with :-

Eddy Baby
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Fletcher
Carrick
Scholes
Ronnie
Giggs
Rooney

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Whalefish

VDS

Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Scholes
Carrick
Fletcher

Giggs
Rooney
Ronaldo

Bench: Pole, Gabby, O'Shea, Smith, Ole

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
VDS

Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Scholes
Carrick
Fletcher

Giggs
Rooney
Ronaldo

Bench: Pole, Gabby, O'Shea, Smith, Ole
Great minds eh Whalers, you got us losing 5-0?

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Whalefish

3-0 to Chelsea. We don't look like scoring atm and I expect Drogba to bag 2 and Cole to get the other.

I think it could be a shit day tbh.

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
3-0 to Chelsea. We don't look like scoring atm and I expect Drogba to bag 2 and Cole to get the other.

I think it could be a shit day tbh.
I can see that, Chelsea have been outstanding in recent weeks, knocking 3 or 4 a game in. Your asessment seems accurate.

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Glad you're on my side.

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Glad you're on my side.
You on your sofa, in a boozer or at Wembley tomorrow?

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Flowers of Manchester

VDS

Wes
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronnie
Carrick
Scoles
Giggs
Rooney

Slider

Subs: Kuzack, O Shea, Heinze, Fletcher, Ole

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:32 AM
Whalefish

Sofa most likely. All my money is going on my apartment at the moment so don't have much spare cash.

I may - stress may - make it into a pub but since the 3/4 Utd lads I know are off to the game I'll be surrounded by @#%&!s who want Chelsea to win. That happened last time vs Arsenal and I ended up sparking two lads out at a mates BBQ.

Fortunately these two lads weren't exactly invited, were friends of some other @#%&! and deserved to be punched. I received a generous round of applause before tucking into a double M&S burger with cheese.

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Sofa most likely. All my money is going on my apartment at the moment so don't have much spare cash.

I may - stress may - make it into a pub but since the 3/4 Utd lads I know are off to the game I'll be surrounded by @#%&!s who want Chelsea to win. That happened last time vs Arsenal and I ended up sparking two lads out at a mates BBQ.

Fortunately these two lads weren't exactly invited, were friends of some other @#%&! and deserved to be punched. I received a generous round of applause before tucking into a double M&S burger with cheese.
Get yer arse to the pub, sounds like fun.

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:35 AM
puressence

gabby for spiderman then the same ten as bedders

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:36 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yup, last oficial team thread of the season folks. Got my crickeeting commitments to keep me busy ove the summer though so that's ok. Anyway, there's only really a couple of bones of contention here but I'm going with :-

Eddy Baby
Wes
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Fletcher
Carrick
Scholes
Ronnie
Giggs
Rooney
Same here.

Brown gets nod over O'Shea because he's better. Evra over Heinze because he offers better balance coming forward.

Fletcher over Smith up front becauses he offers a little more in his role, gives the midfield extra protection and because he deserves his place.

I see a tight, tense, niggly game.

1 goal either way.

There's very little between us so the personal battles are important and any players missing through injury for them are a bonus.

Must be disciplined and work hard as our foundation and then our flair players must excell themselves and we must play our own game.

My concern is that Chelsea might just want it that little bit more.

1-0 to Chelsea for me.

Sorry.

Unread 18-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Fletcher to start. Giggs has to perform, unless I'm missing something I think he's been rather poor for about month now. Little pace, poor control and passing.

8-0 to Chelsea.

Unread 18-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Gog Coch

O'Shea for Fletch.

Unread 18-05-2007, 09:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
O'Shea for Fletch.
Well the "stupidest post of the day" awards been won early today.

Unread 18-05-2007, 10:42 AM
rebelcountyred

oshea at full back instead of brown.

Unread 18-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Baron

on this point, Evening Standard in London reckon Bridge will start in place of Cole...

Unread 18-05-2007, 03:04 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
on this point, Evening Standard in London reckon Bridge will start in place of Cole...
Not sure what to make of that. I think Bridge is playing far better than Cole at the moment and offers more going forward but Cole is pretty good at stopping Ronaldo so maybe it's a good thing.

Unread 18-05-2007, 03:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Cole is pretty good at stopping Ronaldo so maybe it's a good thing.
Really? I've not noticed? I've seen him have the piss taken, then claim he's had him in his pocket and £#%&! all else from him.

Unread 18-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Qwertyuiop

Exclamation

van der Sar
Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Rooney
Giggs
Smith
Closed Thread