United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:37 PM
andyroo

Default Re: *Official* United v Wolves Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Aye, I think today showed we can still keep pressing for a late result.

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's become extremely evident United smaller teams really aren't scared of United at O.T anymore and are giving us a game.
You can look at just about every season for the last 20 years and find 'small teams' that came to United and got points.

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe

As for the game

Wolves fan here.

We've now played Citeh and Utd back to back.

I'm 100% certain you will beat City.

Why?

Because Wolves work really, really hard and City have a pretty shit work ethic and zero team spirit. Utd even with big players down and a virus still were able to dig in and I swear, I'd STILL take Scholes over any single one of City's players.

Lot of doom and gloom on the thread but as an outside observer I'd say that despite not having some of the star names of the past, Utd still have that intangible (dare I say 'un-buyable' element of work ethic, team spirit and an underlying belief that they can beat anyone, even in the last minute, regardless of the first 11 on the pitch at the time. City don't have it, when we went 2-1 against them, they packed in.

Once Steven Fletcher missed today I already knew what was going to £#%&!ing @#%&!ing happen because it has a habit of happening with Manchester Utd.

Any way, if you don't have the cash for Bale...Matt Jarvis is starting to make a mark on this league. We got him from Gillingham for next to nothing but he's confirmed Utd fan and he's mastered the art of crossing a ball (Bebe's crossing today... lol).
£#%&! off you Brummie @#%&!.

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:46 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:

As for the game

Wolves fan here.

We've now played Citeh and Utd back to back.

I'm 100% certain you will beat City.

Why?

Because Wolves work really, really hard and City have a pretty shit work ethic and zero team spirit. Utd even with big players down and a virus still were able to dig in and I swear, I'd STILL take Scholes over any single one of City's players.

Lot of doom and gloom on the thread but as an outside observer I'd say that despite not having some of the star names of the past, Utd still have that intangible (dare I say 'un-buyable' element of work ethic, team spirit and an underlying belief that they can beat anyone, even in the last minute, regardless of the first 11 on the pitch at the time. City don't have it, when we went 2-1 against them, they packed in.

Once Steven Fletcher missed today I already knew what was going to £#%&!ing @#%&!ing happen because it has a habit of happening with Manchester Utd.

Any way, if you don't have the cash for Bale...Matt Jarvis is starting to make a mark on this league. We got him from Gillingham for next to nothing but he's confirmed Utd fan and he's mastered the art of crossing a ball (Bebe's crossing today... lol).
Nice post. Never clocked you were a Wolves fan before. You're on here a fair bit aren't you? As regards the 'work ethic/team spirit' bit...absolutely I think were all acutely aware of this. As ever though, going into the derby the main concern is that for all citys woes, they play like 10 men against us, something we've lacked in derbies in recent seasons (with the obvious exception of our three memorable wins last season).

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:52 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
£#%&! off you Brummie @#%&!.
Outrageous thing to say about the glorious region that gave the world Duncan Edwards (still on loan to the reds btw).

Quote:
Nice post. Never clocked you were a Wolves fan before. You're on here a fair bit aren't you?
Aye. This is a better forum than ours.

I was Googling 'Adrian Chiles is a @#%&!opotomus' and this was the only forum that met my needs.

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Outrageous thing to say about the glorious region that gave the world Duncan Edwards (still on loan to the reds btw).

I was Googling 'Adrian Chiles is a @#%&!opotomus' and this was the only forum that met my needs.

Fairplay, bet you know more about United than half the idiots on here.

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:55 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Unread 06-11-2010, 10:59 PM
plopborsky

I am just glad we won with a shit 11 out there. Bebe wont play that bad again. Obers still has alot to learn i hope the lads get fit for weds after this killer virus has taken most the team out.

Unread 06-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up Re: *Official* United v Wolves Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
I am just glad we won with a shit 11 out there. Bebe wont play that bad again. Obers still has alot to learn i hope the lads get fit for weds after this killer virus has taken most the team out.
Yep, glad to see Park has played himself back into form we need him due to Valencias injury and Bebe and Obers inconsistency.

Some of the moaning on here though even after 30 minutes. :shakehead:

Unread 06-11-2010, 11:10 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Bebe wont play that bad again.
I should £#%&!ing hope so too.

Unread 06-11-2010, 11:20 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I should £#%&!ing hope so too.
I just think back to how £#%&!ing bad fletcher was, couple of seasons ago we were all £#%&!ing gutted he missed the champions league final.

just shows you never know how young lads will develop

Unread 06-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Switching Off

"assistant Billy Smallwood" used to drive the dobsons buses in northwich. Everyone thought he was gay.

Unread 06-11-2010, 11:37 PM
red @rmy

Quote:

Unread 06-11-2010, 11:44 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Fairplay, bet you know more about United than half the idiots on here.

Unread 07-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

haha

Unread 07-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Whalefish

There's a great front six in our injured/illness list. Some of the lads involved today wouldn't get into a matchday squad normally.

Thank £#%&!.

Unread 07-11-2010, 12:56 AM
jem

Quote:
I just think back to how £#%&!ing bad fletcher was, couple of seasons ago we were all £#%&!ing gutted he missed the champions league final.

just shows you never know how young lads will develop
I think what you mean is that we used to have a world class midfield and fletch had no place in it. now he's the lynchpin of our midfield. like they asked for a volunteer and fletch looked up and noticed every man in the line had a taken a step back.

Unread 07-11-2010, 01:04 AM
MIFF

Hope ya ya can make it thru the traffic on wed night, obv a big issue

Unread 07-11-2010, 01:12 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFF
Hope ya ya can make it thru the traffic on wed night, obv a big issue
poor old yaya.

Unread 07-11-2010, 01:41 AM
captain scarlet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-expected.html

Big Tony could be back on the right ahead of schedule.