United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:07 PM
evian

film deal? i thought they stopped making silent movies in the 30s.

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
utter %@#$&!s

MUFC USA is the angle
Don't be so sure......

Beckham is one of the most sought after celebrities within Film companies. They seen Vinnie Jones make a succesful transition.

Looks like Beckham will be cast in a Lara Croft/Indiana Jones type role from what I hear.

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:09 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Real Madrid and the treatment he got from McClaren finished him off as a footballer.

What's so wrong about semi-retiring and promoting your interests in a new continent? He's got his soccer schools and will probably be in a couple of hollywood films as well as tons of talkshows etc. Going to some shite club knowing you're not the player you were would be far more soul destroying than taking on a completely new challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bi-Polar Bear
Heard an interesting rumour that the ridiculous amount of money Becks will be receiving is partly financed by a major film company in the US and contracts him to two films during his stay in the US.

Makes a lot of sense, both in the destination of the transfer and the ludicrous amount of cash he is receiving.
New angle my %@#$&!s

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:11 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Don't be so sure......

Beckham is one of the most sought after celebrities within Film companies. They seen Vinnie Jones make a succesful transition.

Looks like Beckham will be cast in a Lara Croft/Indiana Jones type role from what I hear.
Beckham can't string a sentence together ffs! nft.

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Beckham can't string a sentence together ffs! nft.
(I was being sarcastic)

That said if he can maintain the charade that is his marriage, he can't be that bad an actor

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:13 PM
armchair

he's no vin diesel

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:14 PM
soprano

he also has no personality unlike a lot of US sports stars who are able to speak eloquently, once they figure him out thatll be the end

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by soprano
he also has no personality unlike a lot of US sports stars who are able to speak eloquently, once they figure him out thatll be the end
That's true.

There's a reason Andre Agassi still makes millions in endorsements, and Pete Sampras doesn't. Personality counts. Looks only go so far. In LA he's just another pretty (and prematurely aging!) face.

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:24 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:28 PM
El Calafate

the yanks have been down this route before with Pele, Best et al. it didn't really work then and i doubt it will now. nft.

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:39 PM
El Calafate

Beckham stopped being a football when he left Utd imo. nft.

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Beckham is perfect for America; a brilliant footballer, a model professional and a wholesome family guy. Good luck to him, and shame on all you jealous twisted buffoons.

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Beckham stopped being a football when he left Utd imo. nft.
What was he after that then

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:46 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Beckham is perfect for America; a brilliant footballer, a model professional and a wholesome family guy. Good luck to him, and shame on all you jealous twisted buffoons.
i'll re-phrase that for you.

Beckham is perfect for America; stupid, an average footballer, a model professional (works for 2hrs a day) and a wholesome family guy (cheats on his wife!). nft.

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:50 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
As a footballer, yes.
spot on!

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
i'll re-phrase that for you.

Beckham is perfect for America; stupid, an average footballer, a model professional (works for 2hrs a day) and a wholesome family guy (cheats on his wife!). nft.
Yep. He's really stupid, isn't he. Maybe he should start saying nft more often?!

Unread 11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Yep. He's really stupid, isn't he.
Yes he is.

Unread 11-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Paul Mcgrath

http://la.galaxy.mlsnet.com/news/tea....jsp&team=t106

Something to do with being bought by 19 Management, which is owned by Simon Fuller.

Unread 11-01-2007, 07:18 PM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
is it 500,000 a week sterling or dollars?

that that it matters either way, it's still a bloody fortune.

fair play to him. he was excellent for united and it was right for him to move on to madrid. but what a final payday
Plus all the women he wants. Posh will shit it when she sees the standard of women in LA.

Unread 11-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Tiberian

His Ego would not have allowed him to come back to England and play for a team outside the top 4, especially given the manner of his exit form Madrid.

He can go to America and be the massive star that he wants to be, play in an easier league were he will not damage his reputation as a footballer, and get paid a stupid amount.

Giggs and Scholes were mentioned earlier in this thread, for me they have been superior players to Beckham, but 20 years down the line the average fan around the world will have forgotten them. Not the same with Beckham, his publicity will keep him in the public eye.

For me he stopped being a footballer when he did the summer tour of Asia for marketing purposes
Closed Thread