United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:43 PM
elhombre

Default Without question, i am only really arsed about United doing well...

but i wouldn't mind seeing Villa get a top 4 place... old fashioned club, not as insideous as chelsea and liverpool and i like O'Neil and if they do manage to get in to the champions league it'd show that there is some life left in football...

that said, i still break out in cold sweats about liverpool turning it round this season...

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
but i wouldn't mind seeing Villa get a top 4 place... old fashioned club, not as insideous as chelsea and liverpool and i like O'Neil and if they do manage to get in to the champions league it'd show that there is some life left in football...

that said, i still break out in cold sweats about liverpool turning it round this season...
Agreed on both counts.

O'Neill has a plan it seems and to see them get in ahead of Arsenal would be acex2.

If I had to pick a replacement now for SAF's retirement in a few years it would be him.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
If I had to pick a replacement now for SAF's retirement in a few years it would be him.
Bedders will be on your case in a few mins to tell you O'Neil will have a melt down at Old Trafford should this ever occur.

I think he's doing well at Villa, there was a decent discussion on the Fiver's podcast about whether he's a football genius or a lucky man. Wish I was that lucky tbf.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:49 PM
red @rmy

Quote:

Never mind that @#%&!o, are you in the SAS yet?

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:51 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Never mind that @#%&!o, are you in the SAS yet?

£#%&!ing hell.... stealth like, that...

with friends like you, who needs the taliban?

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:51 PM
borsuk

apart from ferguson and wenger, mon and moyes are the outstanding managers in the country atm. moyes impresses me more in terms of how long he has had everton at the level they're at and how little money he's had, but mon's football is more entertaining and he looks a better prospect for united down the line. he has spent quite a lot, though, which is sometimes forgotten.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:53 PM
no fun

Quote:

in other news, are you still ok for the shoulder ride ?

the song will be "ask"

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:54 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell.... stealth like, that...

with friends like you, who needs the taliban?
So that's a no then?

I'm sure you mentioned it previously.

elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
apart from ferguson and wenger, mon and moyes are the outstanding managers in the country atm. moyes impresses me more in terms of how long he has had everton at the level they're at and how little money he's had, but mon's football is more entertaining and he looks a better prospect for united down the line. he has spent quite a lot, though, which is sometimes forgotten.
who hasn't though? i'm not being facetious, but the days of "doing a job" with just managerial skill alone is long gone...

elhombre

Quote:
So that's a no then?

I'm sure you mentioned it previously.

loose lips sink ships.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Ginners

Quote:
who hasn't though? i'm not being facetious, but the days of "doing a job" with just managerial skill alone is long gone...
david moyes? spent bugger all and done fantastic.

love watching villa play, got a great young british side who play the right way.

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:56 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
loose lips sink ships.
Do you mean like....... Latvian bird who works in a coffee shop type of thing?

Unread 21-01-2009, 12:59 PM
no fun

Quote:

one of the truly great moments of 2008

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:00 PM
elhombre

Quote:

BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
loose lips sink ships.
Well steer clear of the SBS then.

Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
david moyes? spent bugger all and done fantastic.

love watching villa play, got a great young british side who play the right way.
I don't rememeber Moyes buying any decent strikers though. Yakubu is the laziest @#%&! in the world. Scores a few, but nothing impressive.

Cahill & Arteta for less than £5m combined is very, very good though. & Lescott, Jagielka, Baines etc for good money as well.

I like Moyes mind, didn't he chin one of his own players at a pub once?

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:01 PM
The Watcher

I think it'd be good for the game if Villa did break into the top four this season. As former European Cup winners, it'd be good to see them play in the competition again - especially if it was at the expense of the scouse Also, they're one of the few sides in the League that play decent football. Also, qualification for Europe would probably see them hold on to Young & Gabby for a couple more years. I don't think anyone wants to see a situation where all the best players in the League ply their trade for only three or four clubs.

However, most Villa fans are #@&%!s and little Englanders (in my experience), so I wouldn't be that dissatisfied if they flopped.

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Yakubu is the laziest @#%&! in the world. Scores a few, but nothing impressive.
i think hes scored more premier league goals in the last 5 seasons than anyone.

lazy yes, but scores for fun when fit.

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:07 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
She took it well.

Unread 21-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
i think hes scored more premier league goals in the last 5 seasons than anyone.

lazy yes, but scores for fun when fit.
15 last year, 12 before that, 13 before that....

I think Ronnies socred that many in 2 seasons.
Closed Thread