Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2008, 08:19 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 31-03-2008, 08:24 PM
les vagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
John Bentley used just punch him (offiah) if he got chance.
yes so did paul dixon too always his first tackle on him sly dig to the chops, offiah would go missing after that

Unread 31-03-2008, 08:28 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by les vagas
yes so did paul dixon too always his first tackle on him sly dig to the chops, offiah would go missing after that

to be fair for a winger John did and probably still does like a scrap..he was on my much talked about Rugby tour to Florida in 1987, complete lunatic, but a good fella, remember seeing him years after when he was playing for Leeds but still a copper, and I had gone to Leeds Town Hall to pay a fine, the town hall still had the Bridewell Nick in it at the time, and John comes marching in with a scrote in a headlock, and came straight over for a chat with said scrote wriggling like £#%&! under his arm

Unread 31-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Spiffy

I don't follow Rugby but I met Offiah when I was younger. He was big and seemed hard as £#%&!. I'm surprised to hear that people used to punch him when they had the chance.

As for Chambers, I'll show my arse if someone doesn't spike his drink. I used to work a patch covering Castleford, what a shit hole.

Unread 31-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
commodity

but how is his situation differenent from Ryan Hudson or Keiron Cunningham or Richie Barnett JNR who will presumably be allowed back into the game after his ban?
Didn't Cunningham get done for some betting silliness ?

Chambers is a proven cheating @#%&!.

Unread 31-03-2008, 08:36 PM
les vagas

Quote:
to be fair for a winger John did and probably still does like a scrap..he was on my much talked about Rugby tour to Florida in 1987, complete lunatic, but a good fella, remember seeing him years after when he was playing for Leeds but still a copper, and I had gone to Leeds Town Hall to pay a fine, the town hall still had the Bridewell Nick in it at the time, and John comes marching in with a scrote in a headlock, and came straight over for a chat with said scrote wriggling like £#%&! under his arm
john bentley was in the same class at school as my sister
have talked to him a few times a really sound bloke

Unread 31-03-2008, 09:02 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Didn't Cunningham get done for some betting silliness ?
that was Long and Gleeson, KC got caught with some dodgy chemicals in his body, it got explained away...he seemed to lose some of his explosiveness after though

Quote:
Originally Posted by les vagas
john bentley was in the same class at school as my sister
have talked to him a few times a really sound bloke
She probably knows his sidekick Simon Eggbox Irving too, partners in crime.
Closed Thread