United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-09-2022, 06:37 PM
elhombre

Default I got it wrong - the tide is turning.

Where we going from here?

I'm going for a cup win and maybe the Europa, too....

We can do this™️

Unread 04-09-2022, 06:38 PM
Sapien

Looks that way, never been happier to be wrong

Unread 04-09-2022, 06:38 PM
20LEgend1999

We're quite obviously going to win the league. In the last four matches form table, we're top!

Unread 04-09-2022, 06:39 PM
no fun

£#%&!ing calm down you giddy kipper

Be happy with top 4

AK14

Short term- Cup win and 2nd
Long term- ETH is building something…

Think it was ethers that said after the Leicester game that something has changed and this just feel different and I agree with him. This doesn’t feel like a purple patch, this feels like something is building.

MagnificentSeven

not saying anything yet because i had similar feelings during the 2017/18 and 2020/21 seasons and look how they ended up, and look what eventually happened to both managers.

but...third time lucky?

Unread 04-09-2022, 06:40 PM
Long tongue phooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
We're quite obviously going to win the league. In the last four matches form table, we're top!
Little bit scousesque this post but let's just all agree..... We're gonna win the league! 😂

Unread 04-09-2022, 06:50 PM
red in cumbria

Genuinely seemed to be no hope after Brentford, what a turnaround. Now lets keep it going

Unread 04-09-2022, 09:28 PM
wiganste

Europa and the fa cup would be an incredible season. That was my target at the start of the season.

We're 3 points off top. After the first 2 games, no one would have expected that. Ten Hag is the £#%&!ing don lads. Keep this momentum going and who knows what we'll achieve. I'm enjoying the ride

Unread 04-09-2022, 09:36 PM
Sparky***

Let's just see what happens shall we. At the moment i'm still enjoying just not being a total disgrace every week. It's quite fun actually watching your team play when they do things like try and put effort in.

We'll lose a fair few this season and injuries will play a huge part for us because our squad still doesn't have that many options.

I'm not even thinking about winning things or challenging for anything, i just want to see a cohesive football team and actually enjoy watching football again. That's all i want.

Unread 04-09-2022, 09:44 PM
Drexl

At long last: some players I don't mind cheering for

Sick of sitting in a pre-match sulk because i didn't even like most of my own players

Now it's going old skoo

Some new arseholes gonna be ripped nqat aots

Unread 04-09-2022, 09:53 PM
Mr_Ed

I’m with Sparkles here. Fred is very boom or bust a lot of the time.

We’ve shored things up, we’re winning by not playing brilliantly and there’s plenty of scope to get better.

I like the passing between the lines, I like ETH’s game management (and making tactical changes rather than staring gormlessly at a screen) and I am mightily encouraged…

One game at a time and see where it takes us.

Unread 04-09-2022, 09:55 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

One game at a time
…..sweet Jesus

Unread 04-09-2022, 09:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Not getting too excited because it’s too small a sample size, but every win is encouraging, Every performance feels like progress and, more than the results, we’re seeing some of the basics we all wanted to see.

From where we were, the keys things we needed to see this season were work rate, a team spirit and a team that looks like it’s being coached. If we got that, that’s enough for now and it automatically increases our prospects of doing better.

We’ve seen all that in recent games. There’s a ruthless, cynical, pragmatic streak in us too that I didn’t expect to see. We’ve seen out the last four games brilliantly imo.

It’s giving us a platform. We’re matching teams for work rate and intensity for the first time in years and the quality we do have is showing through.

I’ve felt confident in how games have unfolded recently. We’ve not been perfect, but I haven’t felt like we were going to gift the opposition the game.

Still lots to work on:

The press, the passing consistency, hold up play, cards totting up (we’re getting someone sent off in no time ) but it’s all very encouraging.

It’s not ‘new manager bounce’ either because we were shite at first

Unread 04-09-2022, 09:58 PM
atticusgrinch

It's ON!

Message for Erik. If we're top of the league at xmas and you get asked if we can win the league, say "YES!"

Unread 04-09-2022, 10:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I’m with Sparkles here. Fred is very boom or bust a lot of the time.

We’ve shored things up, we’re winning by not playing brilliantly and there’s plenty of scope to get better.

I like the passing between the lines, I like ETH’s game management (and making tactical changes rather than staring gormlessly at a screen) and I am mightily encouraged…

One game at a time and see where it takes us.
Exactly. The minute Martinez or Varane pick up an injury or Malacia- and they will - We'll be back to Maguire and Shaw slothing about at the back. God knows where he'll fit Wan Bissaka in, the £#%&!ing car showroom tube man.

In terms of fixtures we've had a tough start to the season. Brentford, Brighton and Arsenal are all in good form, Liverpool despite their troubles are still Liverpool - and we've played them all right off the bat with a new manager and new players. I'd say we've done pretty well all things considered.

I really feared for us after the Brentford game, that could have broken us.

Unread 04-09-2022, 11:03 PM
Stickman

Would love to see us win the FA Cup beating one of the other big guns in the final.

The whole Top 4 thinking I wasn’t so bothered about going into the season but after seeing us settle a bit i’d be disappointed to miss it.

Unread 04-09-2022, 11:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Exactly. The minute Martinez or Varane pick up an injury or Malacia- and they will - We'll be back to Maguire and Shaw slothing about at the back. God knows where he'll fit Wan Bissaka in, the £#%&!ing car showroom tube man.

In terms of fixtures we've had a tough start to the season. Brentford, Brighton and Arsenal are all in good form, Liverpool despite their troubles are still Liverpool - and we've played them all right off the bat with a new manager and new players. I'd say we've done pretty well all things considered.

I really feared for us after the Brentford game, that could have broken us.
Tbf the likes of city and Liverpool go full season without any major injuries, so we should try to hire better recovery nerds or just get the lads on blood transfusions/special asthma medicine.

Unread 04-09-2022, 11:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tbf the likes of city and Liverpool go full season without any major injuries, so we should try to hire better recovery nerds or just get the lads on blood transfusions/special asthma medicine.
Van Dijk was missing for most of a season once. You might not remember because they didn’t like to talk about it.

Unread 04-09-2022, 11:22 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's ON!

Message for Erik. If we're top of the league at Christmas and you get asked if we can win the league, say "YES!"
"Why not.......eh"
Closed Thread