United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:32 PM
elhombre

Default a solution to the portsmouth redundancy problem...

so, they're letting staff go....

one guy reckons he was on about 16k a year...

why don't the portsmouth players as a show of unity and support, forfeit a weeks wages, freeing up cash to employ said bloke and maybe one of his colleagues for a year...?

yes? no?

like £#%&! they will...

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:34 PM
elephantstone

Default Re: a solution to the portsmouth redundancy problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
so, they're letting staff go....

one guy reckons he was on about 16k a year...

why don't the portsmouth players as a show of unity and support, forfeit a weeks wages, freeing up cash to employ said bloke and maybe one of his colleagues for a year...?

yes? no?

like £#%&! they will...
they might struggle when it comes midweek and may have to look for a borrow of one of their team mates

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
they might struggle when it comes midweek and may have to look for a borrow of one of their team mates
oh yeah...

didn't think of that.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Spiffy

They asked the players to take a pay cut and only 2 agreed to. They then laid off a load of staff.

HTH.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:37 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
They asked the players to take a pay cut and only 2 agreed to. They then laid off a load of staff.

HTH.
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnncorect.

two volunteered.

they were never asked to.

and if those two players took either a pay cut or even just forfeited a weeks wages, they could retain staff.

HTH.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:38 PM
forzagarza

Saw some comment that it wasn't worth the hassle due to the PFA militants. Gary Neville would probably storm down there start picketing

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnncorect.

two volunteered.

they were never asked to.

and if those two players took either a pay cut or even just forfeited a weeks wages, they could retain staff.

HTH.
Oh right, I stand corrected. The 2 that volunteered probably mentioned to their team mates what they were doing. It's a bit piss poor tbh.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:41 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Saw some comment that it wasn't worth the hassle due to the PFA militants. Gary Neville would probably storm down there start picketing
The administrator said pretty much that...

Garry Neville the gobshite.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:42 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
The administrator said pretty much that...

Garry Neville the gobshite.
He smiled last night.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:43 PM
suedeshoes

David Davey Jamo James offered to take a pay-cut safe in the knowledge that contractually/legally he couldn't.

In other news Burnley have offered to take-up the remainder of David Nugent's Portsmouth contract as long as they can have him on a free transfer (Portsmouth having paid 7.5 million for him).

Not much love around for pikey Pompey.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:46 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
David Davey Jamo James offered to take a pay-cut safe in the knowledge that contractually/legally he couldn't.
here's what you do, if you're david james...

stand outside the halifax, at 1 minute past midnight on payday.

put your solo card in.

put your pin number in.

cash withdrawal.

amount - £15,000.

take cash.

wait till morning, go round to the persons house and give him the money.

job done.

DO I HAVE TO THINK OF EVERYTHING!!!???

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Father Christmas

Don't forget a footballer's career is very short so they have to save up for their retirement.

Unread 11-03-2010, 02:49 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
here's what you do, if you're david james...

stand outside the halifax, at 1 minute past midnight on payday.

put your solo card in.

put your pin number in.

cash withdrawal.

amount - £15,000.

take cash.

wait till morning, go round to the persons house and give him the money.

job done.

DO I HAVE TO THINK OF EVERYTHING!!!???
No. But a thought about taxation and National Insurance would complete your model.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on your concept Professor Hombre. So much so that I expect you to do the same for me on CN)

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
No. But a thought about taxation and National Insurance would complete your model.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on your concept Professor Hombre. So much so that I expect you to do the same for me on CN)
He's also limited to £250 per day from one cash machine so it would be better to go at one minute to midnight and then get another 250 out two minutes later. Do it at 30 cash machines (before and after midnight).

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:51 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He's also limited to £250 per day from one cash machine so it would be better to go at one minute to midnight and then get another 250 out two minutes later. Do it at 30 cash machines (before and after midnight).
£500 at least.

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I thought the limit was £250 a day per account?

Anyhoo, I'm sure someone earning the the kind of wonga David James has over the last 15 years will have different banking rules to the rest of us.

Unread 11-03-2010, 03:55 PM
forzagarza

You can get your limit raised to pretty much whatever you want if they judge your account to be the sort where you can afford it and need to take that amount out. Mines just £250 now but a few years ago it was £1000

Unread 11-03-2010, 04:03 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: a solution to the portsmouth redundancy problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
You can get your limit raised to pretty much whatever you want if they judge your account to be the sort where you can afford it and need to take that amount out. Mines just £250 now but a few years ago it was £1000
Got a handle on that crack habit then, jolly good show.

Unread 11-03-2010, 04:23 PM
plopborsky

if i was a pompy player i would tell them to £#%&! off.

contract is a contract if they let someone go in your company would you say oh its ok give me 50% less and give that @#%&! his job back no you would say find a job else where.

Unread 11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
armchair

I'd be looking to buy the club if I was an aging, rich professional. I'd break contracts with most if not all the senior players and play kids for the rest of the season and demand the points deduction to be split between this season and next rather than all next season.

Then I'd demand that I be carried around town on the commoners shoulders from there on in.
Closed Thread