United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2017, 05:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
They devalued the currency a long time ago as far as I'm concerned. The balance between the sporting and business aspects of the game is so lopsided it's made football boring.
A lot of truth in this, I'm afraid.

Unread 06-03-2017, 06:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's the consumer's fault.

if everyone had blanked sky they'd have been £#%&!ed long ago, and none of these multi billion TV deals would happen.
and manchester united wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful as they have been.

Unread 06-03-2017, 07:03 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
and manchester united wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful as they have been.
well we would not have wasted as much money on shite players

Unread 06-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
well we would not have wasted as much money on shite players
Well we would certainly have not been able to compete with Chelsea, City or any of the oil clubs.

Unread 06-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Is anyone on here still stupidly paying through the nose for Sky Sports or BT Sport?

I am amazed that BT have the money to pay out again. Everyone I know watches via alternative methods that are either free or cost the total of amount of £10 for 3 months access to a site.

Unread 06-03-2017, 09:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Is anyone on here still stupidly paying through the nose for Sky Sports or BT Sport?

I am amazed that BT have the money to pay out again. Everyone I know watches via alternative methods that are either free or cost the total of amount of £10 for 3 months access to a site.
Nope. I only pay £20 to Sky, £#%&!ing that off and getting freesat imminently..

Unread 06-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Sky doesn't even have all the cricket now. Wanted to watch some the other day and it wasn't on any of the Sky channels... then saw it was listed under BT which I don't £#%&!ing have. One reason fewer to bother with Sky.

Does the consumer really win if they have to buy multiple platforms to see what they used to get on only one?
I have BT from being an existing broadband customer back when it started in 2013.

Can confirm their coverage of Aussie cricket shits all over Sky's. Granted Sky do a great job doing England / major tournaments but their overseas coverage was very half-baked.

The bigger issue is the lack of terrestrial coverage of the game. Something has to give here and the new[ish] ECB chairman promised to try and change it

Unread 06-03-2017, 09:43 PM
Ethers

BT Sport is great, it's coverage across all sports is brilliant, but the football in particular absolutely shits on sky. The weekends are class, flicking between the Italian/French/German games etc.

I get it free anyway but would be more than happy to pay for it

Unread 06-03-2017, 09:48 PM
ScarFace

Virgin upped the bills this season by about £6 a month for all users, to subsidize keeping BT on the virgin package.

Unread 06-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Vedder

I like bt sport. They show some good premier league games instead of Sky's super Sunday of Boro vs Burnley and Watford vs Stoke Jake Humphries is a massive #@&%! I know but don't mind the rest of the pundits tbh. European football, got the UFC and they will be showing Boxing soon too. Like Ethers said they show the French, German and Italian leagues, all better than sky's la liga coverage.

I £#%&!ed sky off this month. I'm keeping bt though. BT reds

Unread 07-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Quote:
Well we would certainly have not been able to compete with Chelsea, City or any of the oil clubs.
city and chelsea would never have attracted the sugar daddies.

united were on the rise by the time sky got division 1. we had the class of 92 coming through. ITV CL coverage at that time was fine. and we'd probably have ended up with more live games on terrestrial and maybe even our own TV deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
BT Sport is great, it's coverage across all sports is brilliant, but the football in particular absolutely shits on sky. The weekends are class, flicking between the Italian/French/German games etc.

I get it free anyway but would be more than happy to pay for it
some fair points nqat, but serie A on C4 was at least as good, ligue 1 is hardly a big pull and the bundesliga access was at least as good on sky.

agree there's a better vibe about BT's football coverage overall, despite humphrey's #@&%!ery and lineker waving his stupid £#%&!ing arms around.

Unread 07-03-2017, 01:19 PM
Bunker Buster

With BT free on virgin and them having the best uk internet for Kodi it really should be the end of sky....

Unread 07-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
With BT free on virgin and them having the best uk internet for Kodi it really should be the end of sky....

Well it won't be will it because Virgin's coverage is pretty poor

Unread 07-03-2017, 01:34 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Well it won't be will it because Virgin's coverage is pretty poor
I think kodi is damaging them though......

Almost everyone I know has it in some form or another...

Unread 07-03-2017, 01:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I think kodi is damaging them though......

Almost everyone I know has it in some form or another...
I've yet to find an internet streaming service as stable as watching it on telly.

There's always inevitable stream freezing. Plus the fact it's about 2 mins behind.

Unread 07-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I've yet to find an internet streaming service as stable as watching it on telly.

There's always inevitable stream freezing. Plus the fact it's about 2 mins behind.
Oh noe 2 minutes.......

Unsure why that matters...

Of course TV will ALWAYS be a better platform but streaming will always be free...

Unread 07-03-2017, 02:16 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Oh noe 2 minutes.......

Unsure why that matters...

Of course TV will ALWAYS be a better platform but streaming will always be free...
if you need to spread doom pal you have to be in early. 2 mins late on the doom train is not worth it if united score

Unread 16-03-2017, 07:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
They probably wouldn't have been taken over by such people. Neither would united have been taken over and been plunged into a shit load of debt.

Unread 16-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
They probably wouldn't have been taken over by such people. Neither would united have been taken over and been plunged into a shit load of debt.
It's all ifs, buts and maybes
Closed Thread