Closed Thread

Unread 21-04-2017, 10:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
£#%&!

Didn't look that bad an injury
Seemed to be no major twist
That's right, didn't look that bad at all. Thought you could barely walk if you had done your cruciates

Unread 21-04-2017, 10:30 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That's right, didn't look that bad at all. Thought you could barely walk if you had done your cruciates
Think it depends tbh?

Didn't know I did mine until a few weeks later, first diagnosis from the hospital was that I chipped a bone in my knee....

Gutted for Rojo, he was just playing really well and building a decent looking partnership with Bailey. Not been lucky with injuries tbf to the lad, hasn't he done his shoulder twice in the past two seasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Ideally this will a blessing in disguise in regards to TFM. The kid has barely played at reserve level this season never mind the first team.

Reality probably is he needs a loan like Pereira who has benefited from a full season of first team football.
Got the feeling Darmian could be played at centre back....

Unread 21-04-2017, 10:39 PM
LFOD

we'll be fine - play the kids.

Unread 21-04-2017, 10:41 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Think it depends tbh?

Didn't know I did mine until a few weeks later, first diagnosis from the hospital was that I chipped a bone in my knee....

Gutted for Rojo, he was just playing really well and building a decent looking partnership with Bailey. Not been lucky with injuries tbf to the lad, hasn't he done his shoulder twice in the past two seasons?

I don't think he'll change drastically tbh. Blind's a good pro and good player who has done a decent job back there last season and early in this season.

Last night wasn't good but then tbf he's not had a run of games behind him for a while because we've not needed him. I doubt he will be here next season but until Smalling / Jones are back he'll be a stop-gap for the rest of the season I expect.

Unread 21-04-2017, 10:44 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Think it depends tbh?

Didn't he start his career as a centre back?
Tbf to him, defensively he is usually very good.

It might genuinely be an option

Unread 21-04-2017, 11:12 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Smalling will be back before you know it.

Unread 21-04-2017, 11:53 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Smalling will be back before you know it.
That almost sounds like a threat

Unread 22-04-2017, 12:06 AM
red in cumbria

That's because it is?

To our defence, anyway.

Unread 22-04-2017, 03:49 AM
shenwen

Hopefully someone can teach Blind what the offside rule is.

Otherwise, stick Carrick at CB.

Unread 22-04-2017, 05:57 AM
puressence

Could do with Micheal Keane Sunday

Unread 22-04-2017, 06:18 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Roy Keane would do

Unread 22-04-2017, 07:35 AM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
He'll probably be playing tbh.

Unread 22-04-2017, 07:40 AM
Part 36 Offer

Still can't believe we got rid of Keane so cheaply and without giving him more games. Both me and dunk said at the time that he was clearly talented. Abysmal management from LVG tbph.

He'd be first choice if he was at the club now. Would probably be the best centre half at the club ffs along with Bae

Classic United.

Unread 22-04-2017, 07:43 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Rojo's been a £#%&!ing beast for us recently as well

I LOVE the way he dishes out snide when the Ref isn't looking. I £#%&!ing LOVE the way he doesn't give a £#%&!.

£#%&!ing shit news
This .

Was rapidly becoming a fave of mine

Unread 22-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Still can't believe we got rid of Keane so cheaply and without giving him more games. Both me and dunk said at the time that he was clearly talented. Abysmal management from LVG tbph.

He'd be first choice if he was at the club now. Would probably be the best centre half at the club ffs along with Bae

Classic United.
Good player, but not yet convinced that he would be as good, let alone better than we have. Mistakes are rarely overlooked at Utd, if Blind, Smalling or Jones allowed Lukaku to score the goal he did against Keane last week the reaction would not be kind.

Unread 22-04-2017, 08:00 AM
rockored2

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Depends. If it goes on a cold wet Sunday morning in Heywood you have to walk back to your car and drive home.

Unread 22-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Good player, but not yet convinced that he would be as good, let alone better than we have. Mistakes are rarely overlooked at Utd, if Blind, Smalling or Jones allowed Lukaku to score the goal he did against Keane last week the reaction would not be kind.
I agree with that but whenever I have watched him he's been superb.

I'm not saying he's world class or anything but our group is average and he would add to it. Plus I think he'll become a better player over the next few years. I don't think we should resign him though. Just saying that letting him go so early was a mistake.

Unread 22-04-2017, 08:06 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockored2
Depends. If it goes on a cold wet Sunday morning in Heywood you have to walk back to your car and drive home.

Unread 22-04-2017, 08:20 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I agree with that but whenever I have watched him he's been superb.

I'm not saying he's world class or anything but our group is average and he would add to it. Plus I think he'll become a better player over the next few years. I don't think we should resign him though. Just saying that letting him go so early was a mistake.
Pre season of LVG's first season when he was sold wasn't it? Can't remember if it happened during the World Cup or if LVG had any direct input, was it already sorted?

Utd were committed to developing Smalling and Jones, still had Evans, manager wanted a left footed option. Unfortunate timing, in a more settled situation he probably gets a chance.

Unread 22-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Vetch

He's not out for the season.

nft.
Closed Thread