Sparky***

good luck with that.

Unread 05-08-2017, 11:55 PM
Cream

Man yoo prime.

Unread 05-08-2017, 11:55 PM
AnthonyMartial

Not clued up on this.

Is the idea that streaming rights could be significantly greater than TVs rights?

Unread 05-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Red Al

If amazon bag it Utd will go for an exclusive to deal NQAT

Edit

Typo

TV deal

Unread 05-08-2017, 11:59 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Hope so. Would subscribe to MUTV, or whatever name they come up with.

Unread 06-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
United are worth 3.6 billion dollars.

Nobody is buying them any time soon.

Unread 06-08-2017, 12:12 AM
gbmufc

The only people who own more than 10% of the club is the Glazers. So only a small stake could be held independently.

........Manchester United plc., a company incorporated in the Cayman Islands, is the ultimate parent company of Manchester United Football Club. Manchester United plc is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The only person holding 10% or more of the voting rights in Manchester United plc is the Glazer family.

Unread 06-08-2017, 12:23 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
Not clued up on this.

Is the idea that streaming rights could be significantly greater than TVs rights?
They outbid Sky this week to show live ATP tennis.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-tennis-rights

Im sure as with every rumour with them selling up, it'll come to nothing.

Unread 06-08-2017, 12:26 AM
Red Al

Do all uncle malcs shower of @#%&!s still own it or have some sold out to other members of the family?

Unread 06-08-2017, 12:31 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Do all uncle malcs shower of @#%&!s still own it or have some sold out to other members of the family?
i'd be lying if i said i knew how the actual ownership of the club breaks down these days.

There's so many shares and stocks and god knows what floating about. As far as i'm aware nobody owns a substantial amount of it apart from the Glazer family. The rest is all floating about the NYSE.

Unread 06-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i'd be lying if i said i knew how the actual ownership of the club breaks down these days.

There's so many shares and stocks and god knows what floating about. As far as i'm aware nobody owns a substantial amount of it apart from the Glazer family. The rest is all floating about the NYSE.
The question was more about if his 6(I think)kids all still had equal shares I'm sure one or two would be tempted to take the money and run.
I think one or two of his kids have never been to the uk let alone OT

Unread 06-08-2017, 01:22 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
The question was more about if his 6(I think)kids all still had equal shares I'm sure one or two would be tempted to take the money and run.
I think one or two of his kids have never been to the uk let alone OT
There were definitely reports/rumours a while back that two or three of the offspring with the least interest were getting antsy about having an asset worth so much that they weren't cashing in on as their other income streams weren't doing so well and they were looking to be bought out by those that were involved. Open to correction on this but I think given that the shares are in the name of the family foundation there'll be no way of knowing the breakdown of each sibling's holding.

Unread 06-08-2017, 01:25 AM
armchair

8%

better sign all chinese players

china owns more of hollywood than 8%

Unread 06-08-2017, 01:56 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
better sign all chinese players
even mourinho doesn't need a squad that big.

Unread 06-08-2017, 05:20 AM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
United are worth 3.6 billion dollars.

Nobody is buying them any time soon.
um , maybe not but amazon owner dropped 14b US , cash , for Whole Foods.

Unread 06-08-2017, 08:39 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
um , maybe not but amazon owner dropped 14b US , cash , for Whole Foods.
Yep 3 or 4 billion sounds a huge amount but now a single player has just been sold for 1/5 of a billion.

Unread 06-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Albert Tatlock

The Amazon interest makes sense (for them)

They buy some sort of stake that gives them streaming rights to the matches in certain markets or perhaps even everything not already controlled by the Premiership.

They may even try to deal with the Premiership to buy the UK rights to matches that neither of the other media outlets are showing (Sky, BT etc)

They may even try to have an exclusive distribution channel for all utd merchandise, taking a few percent of every sale. There are lots of options for an organisation like Amazon, but I would have thought they'd try it first with an American sports franchise, but perhaps there aren't that many available.

The numbers would of course have to make sense before they'd consider anything.

Unread 06-08-2017, 10:19 AM
Tiberian

Utd selling their individual TV/Streaming rights would irrevocably damage the competitive nature of the league. It is already £#%&!ed Europe wide, but at least in England there are a number of clubs who can challenge, Utd find a way out of the collective deal and that will end. May as well just set up a superleague with Real, Barca, Bayern and a few of Oil money clubs and be done with it.

Unread 06-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Utd selling their individual TV/Streaming rights would irrevocably damage the competitive nature of the league. It is already £#%&!ed Europe wide, but at least in England there are a number of clubs who can challenge, Utd find a way out of the collective deal and that will end. May as well just set up a superleague with Real, Barca, Bayern and a few of Oil money clubs and be done with it.
Been predicted for decades tbh. When, not if...
Closed Thread