United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
IBut they looked lethargic, slow and really lacking up front tonight again, which i have to say going forward does concern me.

if we don't start getting some players back.
I love you pal but you answered your own criticisms in your own post.

We aren't doing bad

Unread 18-10-2017, 11:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
We need to get some combinations working up front
It’s all very individual at the moment

Would try Mata in middle for the weekend
Need someone who can consistently get the ball to the front players
4-4-2

Rashford and Lukaku up top with Martial left mid and someone right mid

OR

3-4-3

Martial-Lukaku-Rashford up top with a midfield of Blind/Young- Matic-Herrera-Tony V (wide players to play as wing backs)

Time we start giving Lukaku a little help up top instead of sticking the invisible man Aka Mikki T up with him.

Unread 18-10-2017, 11:13 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
Bailly ruled out for Saturday.
What's up with him? tbf our problems are higher up the pitch

Unread 18-10-2017, 11:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Just the 9 goals in 2 games eh? Christ they must be worried.

I was more concerned that we seem to have lost all momentum and any kind of creativity. If that kid hadnt Carried the ball in the net there’s no way we’re scoring.

Lukaku and Mkhitaryan have been atrocious the last 2 games.
Already agreed about him, pal. He looks knackered and out of inspiration.

Worrying shades of Kagawa at the moment (and I backed him longer than most)

Unread 18-10-2017, 11:33 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I said it could be on the cards. It would have been nice if they'd have put on a display to put any chance of that to bed. But they looked lethargic, slow and really lacking up front tonight again, which i have to say going forward does concern me.

We've got Spurs and Chelsea coming up after this weekend, which could prove very very tough if we don't start getting some players back.

Huddersfield won't be easy either. We generally seem to huff and puff away from home.

Mickey poor again. Needs dropping tbh. Plenty of options in there and Lingard or Mata deserve a go in that role.

Lukaku will be fine. Needs a little more service.

Unread 18-10-2017, 11:51 PM
armchair

we're minimum semi-finalists in the cl, possibly finalists, maybe winners

we don't have a mug in charge

Unread 19-10-2017, 12:17 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Huddersfield won't be easy either. We generally seem to huff and puff away from home.

Mickey poor again. Needs dropping tbh. Plenty of options in there and Lingard or Mata deserve a go in that role.

Lukaku will be fine. Needs a little more service.
[SIZE="7"]NO

Unread 19-10-2017, 01:15 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
When and where was that from?
Tonight's bt coverage of our game.

Unread 19-10-2017, 07:49 AM
puressence

see the hater was on his personal look at me crusade again stick to ripping off tourists in your cab you @#%&!

Unread 19-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
we're minimum semi-finalists in the cl, possibly finalists, maybe winners

we don't have a mug in charge

Excellent leadership from Armers

We do look like we’re flagging a bit but tbf but I think, to a degree, Jose is pacing us. Not pretty atm but If we can keep it going until Ibra, Poggers, Rojo and mophead are back in a few weeks ....

Unread 19-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
see the hater was on his personal look at me crusade again stick to ripping off tourists in your cab you @#%&!

Unread 19-10-2017, 09:46 AM
£#%&! KFC

Cool

We need to sign Perisic or some other winger in January

We completely controlled the game last night and to have virtually qualified already is pretty superb

Need Poggers back asap

Unread 19-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Baron

I wish he'd just £#%&!ing play 4-3-3.

Anyone who thinks Mhki is a no.10 & best suited to a central role is mental.

His best season at Dortmund came from playing on the right of a front three with licence to roam of course, but just look at how often he picks the ball up wide in the first few mins of this for example:

Playing in a side without quick passing means he's getting caught facing away from goal too often & he's too mincey to manage that. He needs to be at the very least on the half-turn with options to go forward, there was a huge gap in the middle of the park, we need three midfielders in there until Pogba is back & can do it all with Matic's security.

Last night was dull but professional, classic Jose. He knows how to pace a season.

We'll not click til January, and that would be earlier if we could get everyone fit & have a left back that could actually sprint.

Unread 19-10-2017, 10:38 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
we need three midfielders in there until Pogba is back & can do it all with Matic's security.
We've only got Matic and Herrerra at the minute

Unread 19-10-2017, 10:40 AM
shenwen

We definitely need someone on the right and would be happy to try Miki there. As Baron says, he is looking lost as a 10. He has a lot to offer - just need to get the best out of him.

Last two games have been a slog. Hope we take a few more risks on the weekend.

Unread 19-10-2017, 10:46 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I wish he'd just £#%&!ing play 4-3-3.

Anyone who thinks Mhki is a no.10 & best suited to a central role is mental.

His best season at Dortmund came from playing on the right of a front three with licence to roam of course, but just look at how often he picks the ball up wide in the first few mins of this for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qttAiUhH7oM

Playing in a side without quick passing means he's getting caught facing away from goal too often & he's too mincey to manage that. He needs to be at the very least on the half-turn with options to go forward, there was a huge gap in the middle of the park, we need three midfielders in there until Pogba is back & can do it all with Matic's security.

Last night was dull but professional, classic Jose. He knows how to pace a season.

We'll not click til January, and that would be earlier if we could get everyone fit & have a left back that could actually sprint.
Similar to managers playing Mata on the right and everyone saying he's a number 10.

Unread 19-10-2017, 10:49 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
because valencia is playing in defence.

Unread 19-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Denis Irwell

Play Mata. Proper schemer.

Unread 19-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Buck

Martial and Rashford need to start together

Unread 19-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Blind can play in there, Mata would be preferable centrally & a little deeper, but even so he didn't choose to play 3 in there when we had Carrick or Fellaini available either. Doesn't make a great deal of sense to put all your efforts into a single formation when the players available don't suit it. Players make formations, formations do not make players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Similar to managers playing Mata on the right and everyone saying he's a number 10.
Baffling in all honesty, Mata would be far more potent with more pace around him & 2 defensive midfielders for security allowing him to find the pockets. Again, it would be a big £#%&!ing step forward if the midfield & fullbacks could pass it quickly & decisively forwards, but without Carrick it appears not to many are up for that approach.