United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 14-05-2024, 01:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Any manager in the history of the game would have him nowhere near and just play him in the final.

Narrator: Ten hag didn't and he missed the cup final.
Jesus Christ pal.... Thought you'd picked up some football knowledge along the way ..

Returning players need game time ...

Unread 14-05-2024, 01:11 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Jesus Christ pal.... Thought you'd picked up some football knowledge along the way ..

Yeah just me and Keane agree.

Like I said in an ideal world but two mesingless games against teams that will be straight at him or just save him for the final. He’s got Keanes mentality so he’ll be match ready.

Unread 14-05-2024, 01:33 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

Definitely the exception but I recall Ledley King playing big games here and there after long periods out and putting in great performances out of nowhere. Very different era but would Paul McGrath also fit into this category?

Unread 14-05-2024, 01:35 PM
Whip Hubley

I'm hearing managers everywhere are absolutely delighted that they no longer have to ease players back from injury. Simply have Keane's mentality and they're 100% match fit.

Unread 14-05-2024, 03:42 PM
RedNick80

Hope he plays in the next two games to get some sharpness before the cup final. If he does get injured in between then he was never ready anyway. Can't go straight in.

Remember last time he came back, or the first game or two of the season? Lad was understandably and visibly rusty (albeit not for long - he looked great very quickly before picking up this latest injury). Two pre-season games perfect for him now.

Unread 14-05-2024, 03:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Think we were winning games when he came back into the side....

He's absolutely mustard, brings so much to the back line, easily one of Europe's best centre backs, just hope he can stay injury free now....

Unread 14-05-2024, 04:01 PM
Dr Stranger

It’s sharpness, but also trying to get some kind of consistency of line up. ETH has frequently lamented the loss of routines in recent weeks, due to constantly changing.

Unread 14-05-2024, 04:01 PM
est.1878

Quote:

He's absolutely mustard, brings so much to the back line, easily one of Europe's best centre backs, just hope he can stay injury free now....
This.

Remember all the Abu fraud sages laughing at his height.. Radio silence on that forever now.

Unread 14-05-2024, 04:03 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
This.

Remember all the Abu fraud sages laughing at his height.. Radio silence on that forever now.
He still posts on here....

Unread 14-05-2024, 04:35 PM
Finport Red

Quote:

I said at the time we would. He’s our most important player in terms of what he brings to the defence and how we are supposed to play out from the back. Direct, forward, accurate passing.

Almost shed a tear typing that last bit. It’s been so long since we’ve seen any.

Unread 14-05-2024, 04:54 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
I said at the time we would. He’s our most important player in terms of what he brings to the defence and how we are supposed to play out from the back. Direct, forward, accurate passing.

Almost shed a tear typing that last bit. It’s been so long since we’ve seen any.

He's our best defender by a country mile and has missed basically the entire season. Not exactly a shock that we've not been as solid as we were last season, especially when all the decent backups - Varane, Shaw, Maguire have been out as well.

Unread 14-05-2024, 09:03 PM
History

He's actually got better whilst injured the backline have been that poor