Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
Hes not that bad
He is when you're replacing the greatest manager in the game.

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
It's depressingly overwhelmingly likely that he will be absolutely awful. And I'm not a scouser who blindly gets behind the manager no matter what the result. If he proves me wrong, if he's appointed that is, I'll be extremely happy. Just doesn't seem £#%&!ing likely does it
And that is it in a nutshell.

There is probably more chance of the Liberal Democrats winning the next election than Moyes being a success at United

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:14 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And that is it in a nutshell.

There is probably more chance of the Liberal Democrats winning the next election than Moyes being a success at United

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Albert Tatlock

Who was it on here who said that this summer won't be depressing like last year.

it's true, it'll be even more depressing... imagine waiting all summer for the footie to restart, then gollum leads out the team and sits next to phelan on the bench...

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Shooter McGavin

Enjoy Sunday lads. The next time I see it my kids might be graduating uni and i'm not even a dad yet

PleaseGodNo

IMO it would have been better for Mourinho to come in, win a trophy or two take the stigma away of Sir Alex's replacement, when he leaves after a few years to take over another club THEN look at someone like Moyes?

BUT my guess is Mourinho wouldn't want to take the job while Sir Alex is still hovering over him, also Sir Alex's back room staff will likely stay under Moyes IMO

+ Moyes is a cheap yes man that Sir Alex can control

KenwrightsWallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Who was it on here who said that this summer won't be depressing like last year.

it's true, it'll be even more depressing... imagine waiting all summer for the footie to restart, then gollum leads out the team and sits next to phelan on the bench...
apparently hes asked Steve Round (His number 2) to go to Utd with him

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Good news if it means phelan £#%&!ing off

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Giggs should be be his no2 nft

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseGodNo
in a nutshell

Blagger

£#%&!ing gutted over this.

Hernadezred

£#%&!ing Moyes!!!! it's like replacing a Jaguar XJ220 with a Triumph Herald.:shakehead:

Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Not THE Steve Round surely

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
I genuinely, with the best will in the world, cannot see how this will work.

Foolhardly verging on insane is the KINDEST thing I can say about it

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:20 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseGodNo
IMO it would have been better for Mourinho to come in, win a trophy or two take the stigma away of Sir Alex's replacement, when he leaves after a few years to take over another club THEN look at someone like Moyes?

BUT my guess is Mourinho wouldn't want to take the job while Sir Alex is still hovering over him, also Sir Alex's back room staff will likely stay under Moyes IMO

Quite possible.

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
depends if the football's been any good.

if we've played really good football and been entertaining as £#%&!, pipped at the post - then of course not.

but if it's the same old dreary, slow shit on a stick football with the same £#%&!ers stinking up the place every week then yeah, bin him off.
You might think that but those in charge clearly have a different view. Any old shit on a stick will do as long as it gets results. Look at the last few seasons - very little entertainment and doing just enough. That's all they need to keep the money flowing in and the sponsors happy.

ericcantona

You just know a massive part of him coming in is due to him being a yes man to fergie. Much as I love the man and am thankful for everything he's done for united, but when he retires (well, now ) I don't want him £#%&!ing interfering. Recipe for disaster.

PleaseGodNo

Why would Giggs as assistant be good?

No coaching experience yet he'd be the number 2 of the biggest club in the world?

Or am I missing something?

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
£#%&!ing gutted over this.
Like properly £#%&!ing gutted. It's completely sunk in now. £#%&!ing hell. Fergie's retirement in itself is enough to make you depressed, but coupled with Moyes' imminent arrival it's been a horrific day.

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:23 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
You just know a massive part of him coming in is due to him being a yes man to fergie.
With the greatest respect, you know £#%&! all really.
Closed Thread