United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2014, 08:07 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
yes.
So you're all just chatting shit because you don't like what I say. Fair enough.

Unread 22-09-2014, 08:28 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wtf are you on about?

What's my crime here? Not rating Rooney? Not wanting Welbeck sold? Not thinking Mata fits in with United? Not being particularly arsed about the signing of Falcao? Not being convinced about the signing of Rojo?

Basically not holding the same opinion as everybody else

Be pretty £#%&!ing boring on here if I just followed the crowd like most do tbh.

Rooney can play. Right up top with some pace alongside him, either a partner or either side in the form of Di Maria etc. I don't like him in the No.10 role, although 1st half yesterday it worked and I understand why he was in there, because Mata doesn't have the mobility to be effective defensively/help the midfield. I don't like him as captain. One of his biggest issues has always been wanting to be everywhere doing everything, which is something to be admired, but stops him doing the job he's actually there to do at times, and the captaincy magnifies that massively. Yesterday he was scampering all over the park achieving the square root of £#%&! all while everyone around him lost their heads, including him. Not good. There are no other options though

Interested to know what 'shit' I chat btw. I'd be happy to clarify for the hard of thinking that clearly can't get their head around ideas other than their own.

I so hope I don't fall into the category of following everyone else

Unread 22-09-2014, 08:31 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
I so hope I don't fall into the category of following everyone else
You could never be accused of that tbf.

Unread 22-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Wtf are you on about?

What's my crime here? Not rating Rooney? Not wanting Welbeck sold? Not thinking Mata fits in with United? Not being particularly arsed about the signing of Falcao? Not being convinced about the signing of Rojo?

Basically not holding the same opinion as everybody else

Be pretty £#%&!ing boring on here if I just followed the crowd like most do tbh.

Rooney can play. Right up top with some pace alongside him, either a partner or either side in the form of Di Maria etc. I don't like him in the No.10 role, although 1st half yesterday it worked and I understand why he was in there, because Mata doesn't have the mobility to be effective defensively/help the midfield. I don't like him as captain. One of his biggest issues has always been wanting to be everywhere doing everything, which is something to be admired, but stops him doing the job he's actually there to do at times, and the captaincy magnifies that massively. Yesterday he was scampering all over the park achieving the square root of £#%&! all while everyone around him lost their heads, including him. Not good. There are no other options though

Interested to know what 'shit' I chat btw. I'd be happy to clarify for the hard of thinking that clearly can't get their head around ideas other than their own.
dont let the bastards get you down.

Unread 22-09-2014, 08:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
dont let the bastards get you down.
I don't I'm just somewhat confused by the growing consensus that I'm wrong about everything when clearly I'm not

Unread 22-09-2014, 11:48 AM
believe

Quote:
So you're all just chatting shit because you don't like what I say. Fair enough.
It would probably help if you didn't contradict yourself so much. #justsaying

Unread 22-09-2014, 11:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
It would probably help if you didn't contradict yourself so much. #justsaying
Such as?

Unread 22-09-2014, 11:58 AM
believe

Quote:
Such as?
Your argument for welbeck vs your argument for Rooney or falcoa. Your argument against mata and against Rooney, which confuses me slightly. Like I said I think most of what you say so for effect, you admitted as much quite recently.

Have your opinions but don't see your arse when someone says your opinions are wrong,

Unread 22-09-2014, 12:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Your argument for welbeck vs your argument for Rooney or falcoa. Your argument against mata and against Rooney, which confuses me slightly. Like I said I think most of what you say so for effect, you admitted as much quite recently.

Have your opinions but don't see your arse when someone says your opinions are wrong,
Care to expand?

Unread 22-09-2014, 12:11 PM
believe

Quote:
Care to expand?
No

Unread 22-09-2014, 12:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
No
Oh.

Can't really comment then. My views were pretty straight on all of the matters as far as I can see...

1. Falcao, Rooney and RvP doesn't offer much in terms of pace or variety imo. I would have rather have kept Welbeck due to his age, and the different aspects he brings that none of the others do. Yes his goal return is a concern, but I've always been convinced that would come eventually. I don't see having 3 strikers aged between 28 and 31, all of whom have had their best years and have suffered with injuries as being particularly positive for the future. I can see the point in bringing Falcao in, but I think it'd have made more sense if one of RvP or Rooney had left..

2. Mata is a lovely player, great to watch, but the side needs to be built around him, a solid midfield and plenty of pace and movement around him. United don't thrive when built around 1 player imo, I'm thinking the RvN days, Rooney in 2010 etc. United are at their best when there is variety, pace and power, Mata could work well, but not at the moment, and not with Rooney and 1 of RvP and Falcao,

Unread 22-09-2014, 12:21 PM
andyroo

Quote:
No
Not like you

Unread 22-09-2014, 05:52 PM
irk

Quote:
I don't I'm just somewhat confused by the growing consensus that I'm wrong about everything when clearly I'm not
Wrong

Unread 22-09-2014, 07:58 PM
sudored

Quote:
United are going to destroy some people's lives
They have dont that to every ABU for the last 20 years.

Unread 22-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

it's very obvious what should happen isn't it

if you want a 10 behind 2 strikers then £#%&!ing play one. i suggest Mata.

then have a good week on the training ground and see which of the 3 main strikers works best together and with Mata and play them

if results go well stick with it and get the team £#%&!ing drilled. once it is then you can tinker to keep the names happy if you must

Unread 23-09-2014, 01:20 AM
utd99

Quote:
Such as?
Well to be fair you did give me both barrels when I said I didn't rate Welbz. Hardly puts you in prime position as 'the great tolerator'. Not sticking the boot in, just saying.

Unread 23-09-2014, 07:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Well to be fair you did give me both barrels when I said I didn't rate Welbz. Hardly puts you in prime position as 'the great tolerator'. Not sticking the boot in, just saying.
Yeah, I really can't get my head around people saying he's shit tbf. He's clearly £#%&!ing miles away from shit. Pisses me off. Apologies.

Unread 23-09-2014, 07:44 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Yeah %@#$&! the youngster, awful choice as captain, can barely control himself, everything is shit.

Yeah I had a few.
As said elsewhere, he's running all over the field, wrecking the formation.

Thought he was a £#%&!ing disaster at 3-2.

Unread 23-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Yeah, I really can't get my head around people saying he's shit tbf. He's clearly £#%&!ing miles away from shit. Pisses me off. Apologies.
Chin up Dunk. Remember the shit cast your way last year when you rightly pointed out a scrappy 1-0 against Arsenal was actually a poor performance and not a sign that Moyes had cracked it.

Agree with much of what you say, we are one injury to Di Maria away from being back to a very static attack, Falcao was an unnecessary addition and with £150million to spend Utd really should have acquired a more solid spine to the side.

Unread 23-09-2014, 08:32 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Can't wait until this guy is benched by default.
Closed Thread